or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II (Return to the Thunderdome)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II (Return to the Thunderdome) - Page 2868

post #43006 of 54604
Last MA-1 i sold, the stencil was same color as the fabric. Big letters, on the inner back.

Was it you i traded the ironhearts for it? I forget.

Hope you got the real deal, they command a premium. And are just cooler.

But i have seen so many "Authentic fakes" from JP makers. It's crazy. Ask @eazye how authentic the one i sold him was. . satisfied.gif
post #43007 of 54604
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrift Vader View Post

Last MA-1 i sold, the stencil was same color as the fabric. Big letters, on the inner back.

Was it you i traded the ironhearts for it? I forget.

Hope you got the real deal, they command a premium. And are just cooler.

But i have seen so many "Authentic fakes" from JP makers. It's crazy. Ask @eazye how authentic the one i sold him was. . satisfied.gif
Yea that was me, that was an N3-B, completely missed the the name on the inside, I'll take a closer look when I get home. Seems pretty legit tho, collar a cuffs are pretty rough but still great shape.
post #43008 of 54604
Quote:
Originally Posted by timhortons View Post

Early Edo? That thing is 400 years old?

That's what it was sold as. I'll double check and get some better pictures...
post #43009 of 54604
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkIslander View Post

That's what it was sold as. I'll double check and get some better pictures...

I stand corrected, the smaller one is not early, but earlier than the larger one. Both are LATE EDO. The larger one is a SASHIKO Family Textile, if that matters.
post #43010 of 54604

Last night I made a quick stop at the GW close to home, lady was bringing out a cart with the new accessories.  Unfortunately a woman, who I can't imagine was a flipper, but I could be wrong, snatched the two Hermes (as well as a few other whimsical BBs) before I could get in there.  C'est La Vie. Took home a Sid Mashburn chambray shirt with button down pocket thats a keeper and a few pieces of fodder, so I can't complain too much.

post #43011 of 54604
Quote:
Originally Posted by My Main Man View Post

This must have been a true honey hole because I can't think of any stores in the area that closed recently. Unless I'm going to be sorely disappointed the next time I do a multi-store run. On the plus side, the good stuff has to go somewhere. It doesn't just disappear. Just means that a different store will (hopefully) get better stuff.

Haha, it's definitely not a local store. Was a small hole-in-the wall spot though, so the possibilities of where the stuff would will be donated to in the future are endless. frown.gif
post #43012 of 54604
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrift Vader View Post

Last MA-1 i sold, the stencil was same color as the fabric. Big letters, on the inner back.

Was it you i traded the ironhearts for it? I forget.

Hope you got the real deal, they command a premium. And are just cooler.

But i have seen so many "Authentic fakes" from JP makers. It's crazy. Ask @eazye how authentic the one i sold him was. . satisfied.gif
Having trouble finding the name, any other way to tell if military issued and authentic?
post #43013 of 54604
Quote:
Originally Posted by richnet12 View Post

What does Spoo look like in your dreams?

spoo looks like a puerto rican tim mcgraw.
post #43014 of 54604
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by DerekS View Post

spoo looks like a puerto rican tim mcgraw.

This is true, according to my feedback.

post #43015 of 54604
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkIslander View Post

I stand corrected, the smaller one is not early, but earlier than the larger one. Both are LATE EDO. The larger one is a SASHIKO Family Textile, if that matters.

I will try to show the pics to the old dude at work, see what he knows. But the bosses wife collects kimono's and stuff. See if she will take a look.

Pm me your pics. Can't hurt to try.
post #43016 of 54604
Quote:
Originally Posted by concealed View Post
 

Last night I made a quick stop at the GW close to home, lady was bringing out a cart with the new accessories.  Unfortunately a woman, who I can't imagine was a flipper, but I could be wrong, snatched the two Hermes (as well as a few other whimsical BBs) before I could get in there.  C'est La Vie. Took home a Sid Mashburn chambray shirt with button down pocket thats a keeper and a few pieces of fodder, so I can't complain too much.

The Buckhead Goodwill? Redhead? 

post #43017 of 54604
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbadgley84 View Post

Yea that was me, that was an N3-B, completely missed the the name on the inside, I'll take a closer look when I get home. Seems pretty legit tho, collar a cuffs are pretty rough but still great shape.

Then you can be sure it's legit, as you know the feel and smell of an item that has seen some shit. icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

-Dudes name was "Casey" , served in the Vietnam era.
Now it's the prized posession of a Japanese engineer. He wears it as much as possible. The jacket lives on.


-side note, do you guys ever pic up an item and think "this has seen some shit". Would be cool to see a movie on the life of a garment, through 50 years and going.
post #43018 of 54604
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpooPoker View Post

This is true, according to my feedback.





icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gificon_gu_b_slayer[1].gificon_gu_b_slayer[1].gificon_gu_b_slayer[1].gificon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif That is one satisfied buyer.
post #43019 of 54604
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrift Vader View Post

Then you can be sure it's legit, as you know the feel and smell of an item that has seen some shit. icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

-Dudes name was "Casey" , served in the Vietnam era.
Now it's the prized posession of a Japanese engineer. He wears it as much as possible. The jacket lives on.


-side note, do you guys ever pic up an item and think "this has seen some shit". Would be cool to see a movie on the life of a garment, through 50 years and going.

Yep, this :
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Imperial-Reeves-Army-Twill-APG-Rifle-Team-Leather-Shooting-Jacket-42-L-/361683207466?hash=item5435ffc52a:g:wY8AAOSw0UdXrPlw

Found it in a shitty hole in the wall place in Florida. Someone messaged me and told me it was from the Aberdeen Proving Ground in Maryland. Its seen some SHIT.
post #43020 of 54604
Would totes wear that. cheers.gif

How do you feel Spoo? Do the "seen shit" items capture your attention as much as other items?

I think a handful of us see them as priceless grails.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II (Return to the Thunderdome)