i'll be the dude loudly singing along to peter cetera and lionel ritchie. say hello!
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Our Gigantic Summer Sale Thread! Contribute Now Last post on 7/27/15 at 3:29pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Official Sales Alert thread Last post on Today at 7:07 am in Streetwear and Denim
- StyleForum eBay Round Up - Week of April 12 Last post on 4/12/15 at 8:40am in Streetwear and Denim
- StyleForum eBay Round Up - Week of October 5 Last post on 10/5/14 at 10:27am in Classic Menswear
- StyleForum eBay Round Up - Week of September 28 Last post on 10/1/14 at 10:36am in Classic Menswear
Buyer provided wrong/incomplete shipping information and the...
Last edited: 3/24/16
- USPS tried to deliver a package and then brought it back to the...Last edited: 3/24/16
- How should I handle buyers that don't pay immediately?Last edited: 3/24/16
- Do Not As Described items result in defect for the seller?Last edited: 3/24/16
- How does PayPal "pay after you receive the item" feature...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II (Return to the Thunderdome) - Page 2862post #42916 of 511248/15/16 at 7:24pmpost #42917 of 511248/15/16 at 7:28pmThread Starterpost #42918 of 511248/15/16 at 7:29pmpost #42919 of 511248/15/16 at 7:32pmQuote:
I've dropped a few tens and twenties on unknown purses and bags, to bring home and then look up "how to spot a fake xyz" - really helped having the item in my hands and going over the tells. My sister now has a few passable fakes that she's happy with (and knows they're fake), and I did find a few realsies. I just stay away from any and all Coach. Even the real stuff is rarely worth picking up cuz every thrift around here marks it up as being real.Quote:
"Woot WOOT baba booey the monkey wears shearling GrenShellSelvedge?"post #42920 of 511248/15/16 at 7:32pmQuote:Question: "do you know if this is grenadine?"
Answer: "it is clearly fake"
Final question: "but is it shell?"
That's how we will know,'3 layers of securitypost #42921 of 511248/15/16 at 7:32pmQuote:Originally Posted by SpooPoker
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Spooky: What do you think the chances are those PRL madras pants match the PRL madras jacket you sold me?Quote:Indeed.
(And I was thrifting while on that conference call. I rarely have the luxury of single tasking during daylight hours. But I will admit it's often mutually exclusive with exhaustively thorough and efficient in the store.)post #42922 of 511248/15/16 at 7:32pmpost #42923 of 511248/15/16 at 7:34pmpost #42924 of 511248/15/16 at 7:37pmQuote:
Is it me you're looking for?
Or maybe pee-stained Zanella's?
I never can be sure.
Any Kiton's on the floor?
I'd settle for Brioni,
Just don't play that Macklemore.post #42925 of 511248/15/16 at 7:42pmpost #42926 of 511248/15/16 at 7:57pmThread StarterQuote:
Good luck the first time you do that to a Non-SF member.Quote:
Shorts - they do not. (and are N/A).post #42927 of 511248/15/16 at 7:58pm
Hey guys, haven't posted in a while, took a little break from thrifting, but after a few days of field work, I guess I'm due for some pics
Trevelyan Ties x11
Eton is NWT's, Pop on Alexander Olch tie (found suspenders before)
The 7 Folds, Barba x2, Domenaco Vacca, Kiton, Borrelli
RRL x2, Pop on Olch shirt too...New & Lingwood, Barba, Oxxford, CIfonelli
Sick 100% Linen vtg Polo Jacket, looks like an A-1, love this thing
Sick actual Sports Jacket, as in Sporting Jacket, from Gianluca Isaia Napoli, Super 120s wool, throat latch
Much more blue in person
Sick Brioni with a black and white weave with a bright Royal blue threading going throughout the jacket, looks like a fleck, oh and Wool/Cash
Fabric is so nice on this thing. 100% Cash
Fred Taylor Beverly Hills 1 button, Peak Lapels, Bespoke Suit
Brown Tweed Suit
Most recent Barrie I have ever come across. Super 130s wool
1 button, Peak Lapels
Finally this guy
And that is all.post #42928 of 511248/15/16 at 8:01pmpost #42929 of 511248/15/16 at 8:08pmpost #42930 of 511248/15/16 at 8:44pmQuote:Quote:
Person 1: "The monkey wears Shearling".
Person 2: "Brodeetz!"
- USPS tried to deliver a package and then brought it back to the...
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 2 minutes ago
- › NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Khaki's of Carmel - Official Affiliate Thread - Carmel-by-the-Sea,... 3 minutes ago
- › ethan's Musing on the Near East 3 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part two (Rolex, Patek Philippe, ... 3 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 5 minutes ago
- › Bourbon. 6 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 6 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 6 minutes ago
- › Equus Leather - Bridle Leather Belts - Official Affiliate Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Fashion Forward brands that will be big in
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway