Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Our Gigantic Summer Sale Thread! Contribute Now Last post on 7/27/15 at 3:29pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Official Sales Alert thread Last post on Today at 8:55 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- StyleForum eBay Round Up - Week of April 12 Last post on 4/12/15 at 8:40am in Streetwear and Denim
- StyleForum eBay Round Up - Week of October 5 Last post on 10/5/14 at 10:27am in Classic Menswear
- StyleForum eBay Round Up - Week of September 28 Last post on 10/1/14 at 10:36am in Classic Menswear
Buyer provided wrong/incomplete shipping information and the...
Last edited: 3/24/16
- USPS tried to deliver a package and then brought it back to the...Last edited: 3/24/16
- How should I handle buyers that don't pay immediately?Last edited: 3/24/16
- Do Not As Described items result in defect for the seller?Last edited: 3/24/16
- How does PayPal "pay after you receive the item" feature...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II (Return to the Thunderdome) - Page 2847post #42692 of 477568/12/16 at 8:19pmpost #42693 of 477568/12/16 at 8:45pmQuote:It's OK, CP. We know what you mean, and we love you.Quote:Originally Posted by dad2bandm
Got excited to find this Ermenegildo Zegna Trofeo jacket in my size and pattern...and failed to notice it's ventless. And also 50C, not 50R. Usually I take 50R.
Can I get away with ventless if I'm a fairly thin fellow? Do people get dual vents added?
Is this okay fit given it's 50C?
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)Quote:This is uncorrect.Quote:I respectfully disagree, but there is more than enough room for opinion on this, so I'll simply say that buttoning point is largely a matter of taste. Yes, it's true that StyFo believes that lower, navel-height buttoning point is preferred. And that's where many makers put it. But it's a question of what looks best on your individual body and with each cut. I have many cuts, and some are at my navel and some are not. I'm confident they all look good. I've also worn jackets with the BP at my navel that look like shit. And above my navel that look like shit. It's about balance.Quote:Why is everyone down on the sleeves? They're dead on. 1 inch of shirt showing. That's perfect. DON'T TOUCH THOSE SLEEVES.
The jacket length also looks right by most conventional measures: The jacket hem is at the top of your inseam, or alternatively hits right at your middle knuckle (which I don't like as much because arm length varies much more, whereas top of inseam is usually much more accurately middle of your body vertically -- which is what you're really going for).
If I'm picking nits, the shoulders are a touch beyond your natural, and a bit more structured than is the current fashion. But that's probably intentional for that model (looks like Roma). And with the drop, it looks pretty natural. So I think you can get away with it.
Net, I think you're fine with 0 alterations.
As Nat says, you may be lucky and have enough material inside for vents. But recognize that vents are just a current fetish. There's absolutely nothing wrong with a ventless jacket -- in fact, it has its advantages (and disadvantages), and some prefer it. And I'll bet you MONEY it'll come back, too (though I can't predict how soon).post #42694 of 477568/12/16 at 9:03pmQuote:
i agree with this. i like a bit of sleeve to show and it looks right. i think that if you were to do anything at all, it would be to skinny up those sleeves *just* a touch. but all in all, it's probably not even worthwhile. $.02post #42695 of 477568/12/16 at 9:05pma few of the more interesting items from today
apc cashmere crewneck - $9
womens pure blue japan jeans - $7
engineered garments - $6
issey miyake, these seem nwot - $8
gorgeous women's vince jacket, paper thin leather - $10
sawyer shearling - $30
awsome neiman marcus double layered cashmere track jacket - $10
ok, wtf is the motif on this smathers branson belt? I always buy these when I see them, but this may have been a poor decision - $7
leonard homme paris shirt - $7
mint tom ford shirt! - $7
united arrows linen shirt - $9
allen edmonds mcclain suede, recent resoled - $15
magnanni two tone suede + antiqued leather monks - $7
AE park ave little wear - $10
Sorry for the horrible pics but you guys get the ideapost #42696 of 477568/12/16 at 9:14pmQuote:
dollars to donuts this is a motorcycle thing. harley colors, HOG = harley owner group. dunno what that thing on the left is but it's your homework not mine lolpost #42697 of 477568/12/16 at 9:19pmQuote:
yes, immediately I thought harley owners group but it just doesn't seem... right - I don't know, the motif just seems weird. But that may be itpost #42698 of 477568/12/16 at 9:36pmQuote:
btw, if i EVER come across a used dildo in a thrift store (was it the "silver bullet" variety, or did it have veins and ridges? hahaha) i am signing up for the thriftmas exchange. believe it!post #42699 of 477568/12/16 at 9:42pmpost #42700 of 477568/12/16 at 9:42pmpost #42701 of 477568/12/16 at 9:46pmpost #42702 of 477568/12/16 at 9:50pm
Found a first time label for me. Highest quality I've ever come across....
Even though it is 30 years old - this fabric is amazing... I love this thing so much, I may actually lose the 10 pounds I'd need to wear it..
Shell from Brooks Brothers. Thinking Alden even without the D/B markings for the heel.post #42703 of 477568/12/16 at 9:52pm
I have a couple jackets that I like but the sleeves hit pretty much the same spot as his do in the photos and as soon as I'm not in a static position (like his photos), they seem to ride up with any natural movement and expose way more than an inch of shirt sleeve. It just is a bad look to me if I am constantly pulling my sleeve back down. I defer to your expertise though, just my aesthetic viewpoint. Feel free to PM and tell me why I'm wrong. Always eager to learn more about CM rules and I know it's off topic here.post #42704 of 477568/12/16 at 9:52pmpost #42705 of 477568/12/16 at 9:56pm
- USPS tried to deliver a package and then brought it back to the...
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 2 minutes ago
- › FS: J CREW BLACKWATCH PLAID TIE $59.50 MADE IN USA 2 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 5 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 6 minutes ago
- › new Yoox codes and sales - post them here 8 minutes ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 12 minutes ago
- › 11 NWT J CREW SHIRTS SZ SMALL 16 minutes ago
- › The Definitive Guide to Slim Fit Shirts 16 minutes ago
- › Why Hillary will be the next POTUS 23 minutes ago
- › William Lennon boots 29 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...