or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II (Return to the Thunderdome)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II (Return to the Thunderdome) - Page 2840

post #42586 of 51002
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrong Crowd View Post
 


I found Lobbs at Buffalo Exchange once, some sort of brown plain-toe model. There was no size listed, so I guess they were custom, but they fit well. They had these godawful crepe soles, though, and they were priced at $65. Was that a bad pass? Didn't think they were that uncommon.

Can't tell if serious

post #42587 of 51002
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooker4186 View Post

Neither of those are selvedge, sorry man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Versace Guy View Post

but definitely grenadine

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbadgley84 View Post

Both are for sure fake

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpooPoker View Post

its not the camouflage you're looking for.

[/quote]

Thanks dicks crackup[1].gifcrackup[1].gifcrackup[1].gif

Turns out they are Shell. 7.5 - 8 D for the people that were asking about them!
post #42588 of 51002
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpmac7 View Post





[/quote]

Thanks dicks crackup[1].gifcrackup[1].gifcrackup[1].gif

Turns out they are Shell. 7.5 - 8 D for the people that were asking about them!

Cannnnnn i get a PM of the 7.5s?

post #42589 of 51002
Bought a brand new pair of Lobbs, perfect fit
Prestige model Becketts, retail $1850
I paid $350

Im really stupid so I sold them a couple months ago

parisian brown museum calf

yeah, stupid foo.gif
post #42590 of 51002

Also, 

 

when you win a "Loro Piana & Company Black Cashmere Front Pockets Notch Collar Long Coat Size 48" for $78...while being denied any additional pics. Also while being told there is not other maker tags anywhere. Should be interesting. Will post when it gets in. 

 

 

post #42591 of 51002
Does anyone know how to get patchouli stink off a suit?
post #42592 of 51002
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrong Crowd View Post

I feel your pain... this drives me mad. You can't figure out how to get a tag around the keeper on a tie? It's a big loop of cloth. It's not rocket science.

I ran into @BonVivant at a store he mentioned to me. I don't know if he was punking me since he knows I like to hunt shirts.

Every shirt was tagged like this. Two staples through the collar... Aargh

post #42593 of 51002
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelGuy View Post


I ran into @BonVivant at a store he mentioned to me. I don't know if he was punking me since he knows I like to hunt shirts.

Every shirt was tagged like this. Two staples through the collar... Aargh

 

Lots do this. Honestly, if you straighten the staple from the back and pull it through it's not really noticeable once it's out...provided they don't use super wide staples.

post #42594 of 51002
Ran across a filson safari jacket, minty except for the seven tag holes in the upper back. Yarns severed, complete waste. Fucked to death by a tag gun.
post #42595 of 51002
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesmkeart View Post

Does anyone know how to get patchouli stink off a suit?

Put some 'Tussin on it.
post #42596 of 51002
Classic old school Church's. Might even fit me so I'm really going to enjoy working on these.



AHS
post #42597 of 51002
Quote:
Originally Posted by double00 View Post

Ran across a filson safari jacket, minty except for the seven tag holes in the upper back. Yarns severed, complete waste. Fucked to death by a tag gun.

I would've totally bought that and patched it.
post #42598 of 51002
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpooPoker View Post


Close, 800.
This could be either
Ferrari merchandise
Vintage polo stuff
Hot Japanese chicks

all of the above please icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

lol8[1].gif

800 huh? Very nice!

 

I found this self tipped tie at a Blue Boutique Good Will for a mere $8. Sure it was made in China but is still a unique find that I can coordinate with some dress shirts. 

 

 

I got this beauty at Value Village for $9.99. I've already circled damage that I've noticed but it fits well enough in the shoulders and sleeves. As I took photos of it on a table some photos are rotated so I apologize about any confusion. 

 

 

Zoomed in on this hole.

 

 

 

 

post #42599 of 51002
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesmkeart View Post


I would've totally bought that and patched it.


yep. could do that. could also steal the fabric and notions but i've got a pile of stuff as it is. next time i'll pm ya.

post #42600 of 51002
Quote:
Originally Posted by LateToTheParty7 View Post

800 huh? Very nice!

I found this self tipped tie at a Blue Boutique Good Will for a mere $8. Sure it was made in China but is still a unique find that I can coordinate with some dress shirts. 




I got this beauty at Value Village for $9.99. I've already circled damage that I've noticed but it fits well enough in the shoulders and sleeves. As I took photos of it on a table some photos are rotated so I apologize about any confusion. 
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)





Zoomed in on this hole.












Welcome to the thread. My advice, read it from the beginning. It will take some time but it will save you lots of cash.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II (Return to the Thunderdome)