or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II (Return to the Thunderdome)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II (Return to the Thunderdome) - Page 2822

post #42316 of 50997

Those feels when you have an average day and at your last stop of a 10 hour day, you find this:

 

 

 

post #42317 of 50997
Browns beach? drool.gificon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
post #42318 of 50997

Can I get a quick authenticity check? Please and thank you.

 


 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

post #42319 of 50997
Quote:
Originally Posted by vexco View Post
 

Those feels when you have an average day and at your last stop of a 10 hour day, you find this:

 

i'd never heard of this. super sweet - this is OG right?

post #42320 of 50997
ELI5 re: Browns Beach?
post #42321 of 50997
Quote:
Originally Posted by double00 View Post
 

i'd never heard of this. super sweet - this is OG right?

 

Judging by the nipple snaps I'd say yes but this is the first I've found as well. 

post #42322 of 50997
I think the reproductions are done via license in Japan, and are all pretty recent. Waiting for Nataku to chime in.
post #42323 of 50997
Quote:
Originally Posted by vexco View Post

Those feels when you have an average day and at your last stop of a 10 hour day, you find this:




icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gificon_gu_b_slayer[1].gificon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by double00 View Post

i'd never heard of this. super sweet - this is OG right?

I'm far from an expert, as I've only seen one in person before (true vintage) and my memory is kind of fuzzy. That looks real to me though. Any labels hidden inside the pockets on on the inside seams? That would be a tell-tale sign of a repro. I also think these were made well into the 50's, so even though it may be vintage, narrowing it down to a specific decade may be the tough part. Either way, vintage or not, that is a killer find.
post #42324 of 50997
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nataku View Post


icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gificon_gu_b_slayer[1].gificon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
I'm far from an expert, as I've only seen one in person before (true vintage) and my memory is kind of fuzzy. That looks real to me though. Any labels hidden inside the pockets on on the inside seams? That would be a tell-tale sign of a repro. I also think these were made well into the 50's, so even though it may be vintage, narrowing it down to a specific decade may be the tough part. Either way, vintage or not, that is a killer find.

 

Thanks dude. The best I could find was this: http://www.vintageworkwear.com/2013/10/vintage-browns-beach-jackets-and-vests.html

 

This one has the ones on the right so that'd place it in the 50's or so. Either way, I'm not gonna complain!

 

Edit: no other tags other than the brown's beach jacket tag at the neck.


Edited by vexco - 8/8/16 at 6:36pm
post #42325 of 50997
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by vexco View Post

Thanks dude. The best I could find was this: http://www.vintageworkwear.com/2013/10/vintage-browns-beach-jackets-and-vests.html

This one has the ones on the right so that'd place it in the 50's or so. Either way, I'm not gonna complain!

Edit: no other tags other than the brown's beach jacket tag at the neck.

And so you shouldn't. WOW.
Quote:
Unsurprisingly, the beach cloth fabric is still synonymous with Brown’s brand. Jackets and vests from the now defunct company fetch prices north of three grand on eBay. In the words of a customer from 1907, “The wearers want the time-tried jacket with the snap buttons.”

http://www.heddels.com/2015/03/behind-browns-beach-jacket-complete-history/

post #42326 of 50997
Quote:
Originally Posted by white collar View Post

Can I get a quick authenticity check? Please and thank you.





  Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)







Sorry not so quick but they look good to me
post #42327 of 50997
Another Browns Beach write up: http://archivalclothing.com/obsession-browns-beach-vests-and-jackets/

Browns Beach is one on the thrift bucket list I fully expect to never check out. I thought I was gonna get Grail of the day with shell Marlows but Vexco gets it with Browns beach. It's been what 3 years since 330ck found one?
post #42328 of 50997
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverwarebandit View Post

Another Browns Beach write up: http://archivalclothing.com/obsession-browns-beach-vests-and-jackets/

Browns Beach is one on the thrift bucket list I fully expect to never check out. I thought I was gonna get Grail of the day with shell Marlows but Vexco gets it with Browns beach. It's been what 3 years since 330ck found one?

 

You still got it except on rarity. 

post #42329 of 50997
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbadgley84 View Post


Sorry not so quick but they look good to me


Many thanks:slayer:

post #42330 of 50997
@vexco

You won the internet today.

@kbadgley84

Universal Works is an English brand that re-interprets workwear and classic sportswear. I dig a lot of what they do, sometimes it's a little over-detailed though.

Doesn't seem to be distributed that widely. Seems to do fairly well on the Bay.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II (Return to the Thunderdome)