or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II (Return to the Thunderdome)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II (Return to the Thunderdome) - Page 2793

post #41881 of 51095
1940 world War II poster.








In other news:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/222195419562?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
Is $600 a lot to pay all at once? Yes.
Is $15 per tie a very fair deal for Brioni, Kiton, Borrelli, Isaia, Marinella and Cappelli ties? You bet your ass it is.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Whoever got them is going to be pissed that 10 to 20 are trashed and not wearable and cant return them. I think its going to be one of those SURPRISE boxes.He told me 5 were in near new the rest were very worn and the "rest may be " salvageable. I bowed out early after he responded with that. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
post #41882 of 51095
^i hope they do an unboxing video.

Also, that poster is killer.
post #41883 of 51095

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


Edited by capnwes - 8/2/16 at 6:31am
post #41884 of 51095
Quote:
Originally Posted by matty long legs View Post

Guy on Craigslist is selling some Aldens for dirt cheap. Shoe experts, @capnwes, are these past the point of no return? I can't really tell if that's cracking or creasing.

I think the creases are probably ok, but it looks like some deep toe gouging was cut off by the photo.

post #41885 of 51095
Quote:
Originally Posted by the2ndhandman View Post

Whoever got them is going to be pissed that 10 to 20 are trashed and not wearable and cant return them. I think its going to be one of those SURPRISE boxes.He told me 5 were in near new the rest were very worn and the "rest may be " salvageable. I bowed out early after he responded with that.

I got a similar response when I asked how many had issues; seller said 10+ would need work from tiecrafters, so I capped out at $450. Hopefully their definition of "10+ best" is the Battistoni, J.Press, and PRL, rather than the Kiton, Brioni, Isaia, and Marinella.. Hope it works out, and maybe they are better than they're inferring.
post #41886 of 51095
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpk1 View Post


I got a similar response when I asked how many had issues; seller said 10+ would need work from tiecrafters, so I capped out at $450. Hopefully their definition of "10+ best" is the Battistoni, J.Press, and PRL, rather than the Kiton, Brioni, Isaia, and Marinella.. Hope it works out, and maybe they are better than they're inferring.

I find it so interesting how so many of us were watching/bidding on the same lot. Did anyone get example photos from the seller?

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by capnwes View Post Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

No lie, I scroll through your photos at least twice. Well done, good shit. You'd be a great addition to the Official Tie Appreciation Thread I'm about to start this weekend. 

post #41887 of 51095

Slightly off-subject, but recently one of you guys thrifted a tennis racquet. I am cleared to play again after years of dealing with a knee injury. Could one of you tennis enthusiasts PM me about what I should be looking for in a current racquet. There is a mindnumbing amount of racquets out there right now and I am trying to make an informed decision.

post #41888 of 51095

Inquired about a pair of shoes from Linda; asked about a size tag and here's the response I got, "Currently these are the only photos we have available. If you purchase and find it doesn’t suit you, you’re welcome to return it for a refund. Thanks for your interest! Have a wonderful day!"

 

Nice. 

post #41889 of 51095
Not just polo the good polo.

252476403295
post #41890 of 51095
Quote:
Originally Posted by the2ndhandman View Post

Not just polo the good polo.

252476403295

 

I raise you 381677430543

 
post #41891 of 51095
Real fake? The band on the narrow end of tie is a lot lower than the ones I've seen. Possibly older?

post #41892 of 51095
Quote:
Originally Posted by the2ndhandman View Post

Not just polo the good polo.

252476403295

Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsGetWeird View Post

I raise you 381677430543

 




What am I missing? Neither of those turns up in an Ebay search for me.
post #41893 of 51095

use watch count

post #41894 of 51095
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by the2ndhandman View Post

Not just polo the good polo.

252476403295

Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsGetWeird View Post

I raise you 381677430543

 



Im fucking mad I chose an "away computer" project the past 2 hours.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orgetorix View Post


What am I missing? Neither of those turns up in an Ebay search for me.

Click completed listing.
post #41895 of 51095
Here are some slightly better photos of the kitons I found on Sunday. Sorry - all N/A.








AHS
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II (Return to the Thunderdome)