Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Our Gigantic Summer Sale Thread! Contribute Now Last post on 7/27/15 at 3:29pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Official Sales Alert thread Last post on Today at 1:58 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- StyleForum eBay Round Up - Week of April 12 Last post on 4/12/15 at 8:40am in Streetwear and Denim
- StyleForum eBay Round Up - Week of October 5 Last post on 10/5/14 at 10:27am in Classic Menswear
- StyleForum eBay Round Up - Week of September 28 Last post on 10/1/14 at 10:36am in Classic Menswear
Buyer provided wrong/incomplete shipping information and the...
Last edited: 3/24/16
- USPS tried to deliver a package and then brought it back to the...Last edited: 3/24/16
- How should I handle buyers that don't pay immediately?Last edited: 3/24/16
- Do Not As Described items result in defect for the seller?Last edited: 3/24/16
- How does PayPal "pay after you receive the item" feature...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II (Return to the Thunderdome) - Page 2792post #41866 of 514818/1/16 at 4:38pmpost #41867 of 514818/1/16 at 4:43pmQuote:
I think you're right. I was pretty sure there was a "sh" sound in it somewhere. HighVoltaire could just be the next evolution of my name. It started on the Ultimate-Guitar forums as HighVoltage when I was 13 and super into AC/DC. Then when I got out of that phase (I kept the red SG at least) I told my friends I needed a new name and one of my friends said "high voltorb" off the cuff without thinking. Voltorb is a pokemon for those unaware. So now I just have to start reading a lot of Voltaire to justify the name change haha.post #41868 of 514818/1/16 at 4:44pmpost #41869 of 514818/1/16 at 4:53pmpost #41870 of 514818/1/16 at 5:38pmGreat couple days for me. Tons of cool vintage, plus this stuff...
Kickass Tommy nautical vest.
Silk/cashmere sweater by....
Weird-ass RLX jacket.
Lastly, anyone know a good place to figure out model #s on scuba stuff? Got this Scubapro regulator for dirt cheap and I'm trying to figure out more about it.post #41871 of 514818/1/16 at 5:51pmpost #41872 of 514818/1/16 at 5:53pm
Agreed.Quote:Originally Posted by highvoltorb
I think you're right. I was pretty sure there was a "sh" sound in it somewhere. HighVoltaire could just be the next evolution of my name. It started on the Ultimate-Guitar forums as HighVoltage when I was 13 and super into AC/DC. Then when I got out of that phase (I kept the red SG at least) I told my friends I needed a new name and one of my friends said "high voltorb" off the cuff without thinking. Voltorb is a pokemon for those unaware. So now I just have to start reading a lot of Voltaire to justify the name change haha.
Or become a master of this pinpost #41873 of 514818/1/16 at 5:56pmThread Starterpost #41874 of 514818/1/16 at 6:12pmLooking for an LV keepall/weekender (prefer classic brown print, but would consider black or brown damier print pending price/trade of course)... cross posting to thrift buy/sell/trade thread as well. Would prefer to trade for it - please take a look at what I've got listed, plus have lots of backlog.
Need it in the next week or two if possible. Thanks in advance all!post #41875 of 514818/1/16 at 6:21pmpost #41876 of 514818/1/16 at 6:43pmpost #41877 of 514818/1/16 at 7:34pmQuote:Originally Posted by bpk1
Looking for an LV keepall/weekender (prefer classic brown print, but would consider black or brown damier print pending price/trade of course)... cross posting to thrift buy/sell/trade thread as well. Would prefer to trade for it- please take a look at what I've got listed, plus have lots of backlog.
Need it in the next week or two if possible. Thanks in advance all!
Anywhere else in the world/internet except this thread, this would seem like a totally ridiculous request. I love this thread.post #41878 of 514818/1/16 at 7:36pmpost #41879 of 514818/1/16 at 7:55pmQuote:
I have. It takes me about an hour, and I suspect I could get it down to less with as much practice as TieCrafters has. That's a pretty decent hourly rate, even for skilled labor.
N.B. this is standard 3 fold lined.
Presumably multi fold, hand rolled would be orders of magnitude more complex, and I suspect they charge way more Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)Which actually leads me to a rant about Luxire. Sold me a RTW tie. Billed as 59 inches long. Arrived at 63 inches, with fade spots. Asked for a replacement. Telling me I have to pay. SO not happy. I get that customer pays returns is their policy, but I can only live with that if they have decent QC. But they don't -- their QC has been absolutely murdering me for a while.
#rantoverQuote:Originally Posted by Shoeluv
I hate the Baby Boom Generation with a deep abiding passion. This is where your child rearing has taken us.
That and they're cheap bastards. Cap is the only one I know (stress on I know) able to squeeze a decent buck out of them for vintage suits. I've had incredible hand made stuff in pristine condition, and the bastards offer me $30 for it. It's like a time warp where they still think it's 1965 dollars.
In other news:
Is $600 a lot to pay all at once? Yes.
Is $15 per tie a very fair deal for Brioni, Kiton, Borrelli, Isaia, Marinella and Cappelli ties? You bet your ass it is.post #41880 of 514818/1/16 at 9:12pm
- USPS tried to deliver a package and then brought it back to the...
- › Vanda Fine Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Viberg Boots 2 minutes ago
- › Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 3 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 4 minutes ago
- › Which combination should I pick for a wedding 5 minutes ago
- › The official John Elliott B&S&T thread 5 minutes ago
- › What to wear with this shirt? 6 minutes ago
- › Trenchcoat right size? 6 minutes ago
- › NWT Polo Ralph Lauren "Corneliani Made" Dress Pants Megathread,... 8 minutes ago
- › OFFICIAL President Trump Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...