The problem with that type of find is the uncomfortable reality that no one donates only ONE high-value item.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Our Gigantic Summer Sale Thread! Contribute Now Last post on 7/27/15 at 3:29pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Official Sales Alert thread Last post on Today at 7:26 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- StyleForum eBay Round Up - Week of April 12 Last post on 4/12/15 at 8:40am in Streetwear and Denim
- StyleForum eBay Round Up - Week of October 5 Last post on 10/5/14 at 10:27am in Classic Menswear
- StyleForum eBay Round Up - Week of September 28 Last post on 10/1/14 at 10:36am in Classic Menswear
Buyer provided wrong/incomplete shipping information and the...
Last edited: 3/24/16
- USPS tried to deliver a package and then brought it back to the...Last edited: 3/24/16
- How should I handle buyers that don't pay immediately?Last edited: 3/24/16
- Do Not As Described items result in defect for the seller?Last edited: 3/24/16
- How does PayPal "pay after you receive the item" feature...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II (Return to the Thunderdome) - Page 2766post #41476 of 603007/27/16 at 12:45pmpost #41477 of 603007/27/16 at 12:50pmpost #41478 of 603007/27/16 at 1:31pmpost #41479 of 603007/27/16 at 1:50pmpost #41480 of 603007/27/16 at 1:58pmpost #41481 of 603007/27/16 at 2:00pmpost #41482 of 603007/27/16 at 2:04pmpost #41483 of 603007/27/16 at 2:15pmpost #41484 of 603007/27/16 at 2:18pmQuote:Quote:
Thanks!post #41485 of 603007/27/16 at 3:03pmpost #41486 of 603007/27/16 at 3:25pmpost #41487 of 603007/27/16 at 4:01pm
Man. Those 1873 bucklebacks take me back.
I picked up a pair of those and a pair of the Engineered Garments version at Marshall's in 2009 for $9.99 each.
They were my first thrift flip!
PS - those Bottega Venetta slips are incredible. What size are they? @rokorpost #41488 of 603007/27/16 at 4:03pmpost #41489 of 603007/27/16 at 4:45pmQuote:
Sneaky man....comin in and out of here, hittin my honeyholes, then backin out of the city into the pitch black night exactly like how batman leaves conversations, hits your thrift and dissapears as you try and say a final thought.....fine whatever.....
the frequency your out here though? Once a month at least? or is that info I'll never get?
Either way, I think it was Monday, apparently a fresh rack of dress shirts NWTs came into one of the stores here first thing in the morning...employees said that the tags were all barneys tags but they weren't positive of any brands, assume you stopped by.Quote:
Except for the times when this is in fact the case and you know to be fact cuz the donations are at a place so small they go out same day, the people there tell u if extra mens was donated with it, and shit getting cleared out with these items being left behind makes zero sense, plus not to mention the fact that the employees simply tell me when I ask about the days hauls, if any occurred, and then theyd proceed to inform me these items just came in with someones donation, otherwords, random shit or simply not mens shit in the slightest.
First time: Vintage 80s couture Japanese Matsuda DB blazer crazy styling
Second time: Nearly brand new Barba Napoli dress shirt.
To Shut Those Minds Off For The Thinking is All For Nought, The Truth and The Evidence In Which The Following Claims Are Supported, Citing First Hand Recollections We Have All Experienced. You Are Welcome (Click to show)
And the answer to free you from any future mental torment that may occur. One piece donations. Trust me. I'm guilty of quite of few, some are embarrassing. 100% Very Real Things. So Stop searching those unless you wanna go mad, cuz there is no remainder to the donation, especially something like pants that were never even tailored/finished? Perfect example of a 1 piece donation? When being cornered like a dog with a fucking instinctual urge to react quickly and the most logical at the time, what selection that you don't want to wear and would rather donate, then a pair of pants that you need to go into a tailor somewhere and get finish and tapered and tailored and deal with the ordeal when by simply riding yourself of them for someone else to deal with, they are now out of site and out of mind forever and someone else's ordeal.....makes perfect sense for the lazy man demanded to do something.
And then one day it clicked and it was so obvious I felt like an idiot for not thinking of it sooner. Perhaps this scenario occurred with you & your mother when younger, perhaps your wife now, when you are confronted with their fairly random urge to donate a bunch of shit, do some house cleaning. Or perhaps she wants to collect a lot of those plastic baggies and make em full so each one is counted individually as a write off......how often are you over the top compliant, perhaps estatic to help with this shit? How often do you grab an item or two from your closet you don't wear, toss it in their direction so their mouths stop making noise?
There is the simple truth my friends..... stop torturing yourself and hunting the racks for the remainder of the donation. It doesn't exist, that was merely the husbands contribution simply so the wife would stop talking out of her mouth in his direction in a manner that implied a necessity to listen and perhaps worse, respond. So they toss an item or two, in this scenario, a pair of paints they bought but for whatever reason decided that they never truly liked them much so they didnt get around to getting them tailored. Brand or whatever regardless, it's totally pointless to concentrate upon in this scenarios for it will just brain fuck u unnecessarily....these are a product of a Man needing a nagging wife, to please shut her mouth hole in regards to continuing her pestering for contribution, he grabbed pants he didn't like enough to ever tailor, tossses em at the pile....and boom, mouth hole closes, you claim you wear everything else, end of conversation.Single donations of clothing not including shoes for me?, Once worn for NYE, first season BBC T-Shirt, it cost a ton & also covered in neon hued colored money rolls as a screen print, and I felt fucking stupid owning it let a lone wearing it........Supreme shit that wasn't totally logo'd and w/ super high resale because due one wrong wash, even perhaps the first one one one occassion, Supreme sweats turn into a combo a lighter bag of wet cement regarding feel and fit, with a texture that is just as unpleasant, like someone decided to have the wool lining Covered in like Repair Chalk filler and dried evenly for that fucking luscious wool comfort, , who knows what goes into those or simply what fucking doesn't, all I know if you accidendentally go warm and hang opposed toe delicate medium or cool and hang, they are finished, so a few met their fates as single item donates separate, perhaps after only a single wear even, Cuz Supreme sweats are the fucking complete opposite in every fucking way as sweats from like Perse or something. Essentially seemingly made with a hidden agenda of being sure that while you rocked their trendy ass supreme bullshit, simultanously you needed to pretend like you didn't want to rip it off or fucking die from discomfort, that's what they do to prove kids will still kill each other for it if necessary........purposely meant to not enjoy life while wearing...never any 'Preme worth Cash though for sure... Mitchell & Ness Jerseys when those were the shit cuz I looked like a fucking idiot and I was never the shit to wear those regardless of personal opinion, never surpassed 2 wears ever, donate 1 item separate times due to release dates of the Jerseys...I believe the first release Erving on the 76s i copped which was first season release jersey.....Then I believe I waited out for a Bob McAdoo which was a little later on I think....doenst matter both ridiculous beyond articulation.....CHROME HEARTS x2, I gave away on 2 separate occassions. Both long sleeves and definitely worth something, both hated by the mother and deemed worthy of donation and I agreed cuz I was personally past the stage in my life were I felt it necessary for the back of my shirt to say "FUCK YOU" in giant old english or that I could support shirt companies with that being their theme with a price tag that ridiculously stupid also....cant forget the EVISU Jeans - Super size Gull Jeans donated with a total of 0 wears ever. Why 0 wears? because if you haven't seen em, then you should and you'll know, they are terrible. RLPL Slacks retail for 350 for basic Chinos - 595 for their finer Wool slacks (of course it goes much much much higher, I'm just stating the average pieces)....Those Evisu's had a retail of I believe either $395 or $495...........There you go, a supporting list of evidence that was all in effort of getting my mom to shut up and get out of my room or stop nagging, resulting in these items being donated, all of them.....So I can comfort and assure. The one piece donation, not a urban legend, not some shit meant to drive you mad, something that happens and insane amount as Ive seen and participated in.
Worry not my friend, the answers to all of life's problems are simply found when one looks above to seek the truth.......your anxiety and frustration is now all over....you're welcome.Quote:
Once at a Savers I saw this thing priced for 65 dollars. I brought it up and asked why. They didn't help. Not anything, crazy specia, vintage US piece.....but priced 3x higher than the prada suit they had as well as various others. Savers is the most abritrary pricer I think there is without a doubt. I've never witnessed anything closlely resembling any sort of strategy/ plan/ basic guide/ or any sense of order with their priceing...nothing but pure randomness and chaos...oh well, guess thats why I just never ever ever go to them, zero point.
Edited by Jompso - 7/27/16 at 5:01pmpost #41490 of 603007/27/16 at 5:30pm
- USPS tried to deliver a package and then brought it back to the...
- › Skoaktiebolaget – Carmina, John Lobb, Enzo Bonafè, Carlos Santos,... 41 seconds ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 2 minutes ago
- › A weird question, in which of the following scenarios you would... 6 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2017 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice,... 8 minutes ago
- › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here... 11 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 11 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 12 minutes ago
- › Would 13oz / 370gram too heavy for a cotton spring/fall blazer? 12 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 14 minutes ago
- › Niche - Army Green Utility Shirt Jacket (XL) 30 minutes ago
- › Men’s The Original 3” Boxerjock® Boxer Briefs... by Alper
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...