or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II (Return to the Thunderdome)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II (Return to the Thunderdome) - Page 2760

post #41386 of 51095
Quote:
Originally Posted by capnwes View Post
 

I can see the potato chip mansion from my window when the leaves are down in the fall/winter/

 

 Here it is....

 

 

 

he also has this small one in NJ....

post #41387 of 51095
dafuq. im in the wrong line of work.
post #41388 of 51095
Quote:
Originally Posted by capnwes View Post
 

 

 Here it is....

 

 

 

he also has this small one in NJ....

 

 

Man, if that's your view, you have some big trees. :tinfoil:

post #41389 of 51095
Quote:
Originally Posted by DerekS View Post

dafuq. im in the wrong line of work.

post #41390 of 51095

I'm sure that there are some wealthy people in our hood. We live a couple of blocks from the Country Club.

 

The closest I've found to a celebrity I've discovered here is that our next door neighbor is the project manager for the team building the replacement for the Hubble Space Telescope.

post #41391 of 51095
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fueco View Post

The closest I've found to a celebrity I've discovered here is that our next door neighbor is the project manager for the team building the replacement for the Hubble Space Telescope.

holy shit id be over at his house with cookies and wine trying to get 10 minutes to listen to him talk. thats just awesome. icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
post #41392 of 51095
Quote:
Originally Posted by DerekS View Post


holy shit id be over at his house with cookies and wine trying to get 10 minutes to listen to him talk. thats just awesome. icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

 

 

LOL, we just moved in. We did however, bring fresh baked cookies over and talked to her and her husband (who works for a competing aerospace engineering company) and daughter.

 

The neighborhood we live in was built when IBM built their local facility, so a lot of the older folks in the hood are retired engineers and such. I would hazard a guess that my mere Bachelor's Degree brings down the average education of adults in the area.

post #41393 of 51095
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshmick View Post
 

So I have a lead on a 60s blackface fender princeton, basically my dream amp. If I end up winning, do any of you have any suggestions on shipping it? It would be from an out of state private seller, not ebay. 

 

Thanks!

So I lost the auction by $50! I was at my niece's wedding, so not able to be on my phone (obviously). It was a 1966 blackface princeton that went for $785 ARGH!

post #41394 of 51095
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshmick View Post

So I lost the auction by $50! I was at my niece's wedding, so not able to be on my phone (obviously). It was a 1966 blackface princeton that went for $785 ARGH!

dude. my heart goes out to you.
post #41395 of 51095

when i was a kid the dude who owned the Bigfoot monster truck lived down the street from me. YEEEEE-HAW!!!

post #41396 of 51095
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshmick View Post
 

So I lost the auction by $50! I was at my niece's wedding, so not able to be on my phone (obviously). It was a 1966 blackface princeton that went for $785 ARGH!


bummer. imo you can do as well or better. will keep my eyes peeled.

 

(plus you can always find a silver face and have it blackfaced)

post #41397 of 51095
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpooPoker View Post

The family that owns Brooks Brothers lives 1/2 mile from me.

Give me a good reason I shouldn't knock on the door.


You don't sell vacuum cleaners, encyclopedias, or the Book of Mormon.... actually, that gives me an idea.  Just ride up on a bicycle wearing black pants, a solid white dress shirt, and a JC Penney tie...

post #41398 of 51095
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fueco View Post


LOL, we just moved in. We did however, bring fresh baked cookies over and talked to her and her husband (who works for a competing aerospace engineering company) and daughter.

The neighborhood we live in was built when IBM built their local facility, so a lot of the older folks in the hood are retired engineers and such. I would hazard a guess that my mere Bachelor's Degree brings down the average education of adults in the area.

My wife and I are in the process of moving to your fair city as we speak. I'm an idiot with an advanced degree. She's a brilliant person with an advanced degree, so we're adding absolutely nothing to the local intellectual profile.
post #41399 of 51095
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierson v Post View Post


You don't sell vacuum cleaners, encyclopedias, or the Book of Mormon.... actually, that gives me an idea.  Just ride up on a bicycle wearing black pants, a solid white dress shirt, and a JC Penney tie...

hello! do you have a moment to talk about your lord and savior SpooPoker?
post #41400 of 51095
Quote:
Originally Posted by capnwes View Post









Holy cow. Edwardian smoking jacket FTW! drool.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II (Return to the Thunderdome)