or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II (Return to the Thunderdome)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II (Return to the Thunderdome) - Page 2707

post #40591 of 51486
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbadgley84 View Post

Is that a fuckin madras suit?!?! Damn

 

Dude I wish. They were put together as a suit and I didn't even look at the tags before I got home. They're SO similar but the jacket is JAB, pants are BB. Luckily both will sell so fuck it!

post #40592 of 51486
Quote:
Originally Posted by vexco View Post



Snazzy. I detect an imminent PM from someone from the WAYWRN thread.
post #40593 of 51486
@Reosymes FWIW, I have a pair of Bostonian shell longwings with the exact same stamp on the sole...
post #40594 of 51486
5.99
Couldn't say no to a sleeping bag I'm sure one of my boys will eventually use it.

post #40595 of 51486
Quote:
Originally Posted by turkey_sandwich View Post

@Reosymes FWIW, I have a pair of Bostonian shell longwings with the exact same stamp on the sole...
I was thinking Bostonian also, the script on the bottom looks identical to the shell saddle shoes I had
post #40596 of 51486
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbadgley84 View Post


I was thinking Bostonian also, the script on the bottom looks identical to the shell saddle shoes I had

Pretty sure I've also seen it on Hanover.

post #40597 of 51486

Thanks guys. I basically went by an old Ask Andy post where someone said old JM Aristocrat shells should have a 'Sulvaprene' and 'O'Sullivans' on the heel.

 

http://www.askandyaboutclothes.com/forum/showthread.php?59100-Are-these-cordovan

 

Quote:
For future reference: J&M shell cordovan shoes would have the term "Crown Aristocraft", or perhaps just "Aristocraft" on the sock liner of the shoe. Not all crown aristocrafts or aristocrafts are cordovan, most are calf. A J&M CA shell cordovan would have a dovetail rubber insert, probably with the words "Sulvaprene" and "O'Sullivans" within the dovetail, on a leather top lift (heel bottom).

 

Edit: Also looked at a couple of sold ebay listings for vintage shell J&M and these seem to fit the bill.

post #40598 of 51486
Quote:
Originally Posted by vexco View Post

So, doing my normal Monday route. Guy comes up out of nowhere, grabs my wallet and takes off. Such a bullshit day. I guess, luckily, it wasn't until after my 4th store? Will post finds later or some shit.

Sucks. But no one seems to be asking the most important question here... What kind of wallet was it?
post #40599 of 51486

Could someone help ID/Date a couple items?

 

Picked up this NWT PRL Silk Blend shirt, price tag seemed old.  Any idea when this is from?

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

 

 

Picked up this glen plaid BB sport coat with a tag I haven't seen before.  "Brookwood" made in Canada with Loro Piana fabric.  Anybody familiar with the maker based on the tag? 

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

Thanks for all the help!

post #40600 of 51486
Quote:
Originally Posted by leisurewear View Post
 

 

 

 

Picked up this glen plaid BB sport coat with a tag I haven't seen before.  "Brookwood" made in Canada with Loro Piana fabric.  Anybody familiar with the maker based on the tag? 

 

 

 

Jack Victor.

post #40601 of 51486
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reosymes View Post
 

 

Jack Victor.

Thanks!

post #40602 of 51486
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purplelabel View Post

Really quick one, is this worth tailoring or just flip it?









To my eye? Looks good. Should be affordablevto get it perfect. We all have our own rules. But one of kine is suit cuffs should be at the the bone at the base of my hand. Just past the wrist. While not being exessively short. It allows for a slight shirt cuff show, and also means your cuffs aren't halfway up your forearms whe you move about or drink a beer.
post #40603 of 51486
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrift Vader View Post

To my eye? Looks good. Should be affordablevto get it perfect. We all have our own rules. But one of kine is suit cuffs should be at the the bone at the base of my hand. Just past the wrist. While not being exessively short. It allows for a slight shirt cuff show, and also means your cuffs aren't halfway up your forearms whe you move about or drink a beer.
I generally go for no cuff showing - the jacket is basically the same length as my shirt sleeve (fortuitously my tailor cuts to this for preference too).

My watch always, always catches the cuff on my right sleeve, and if the jacket is cut to show sleeve, it only shows on the left sleeve. In short, it looks fucking stupid!

It's a matter of taste though - and as I understand it, no cuff showing is generally a British thing.
post #40604 of 51486
@Shanejosephxxx

I've only seen that "Made in Garment Center" tag on McNairy-era WWM. Still a dope piece.
post #40605 of 51486
Quote:
Originally Posted by capnwes View Post



This is hot.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II (Return to the Thunderdome)