Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Our Gigantic Summer Sale Thread! Contribute Now Last post on 7/27/15 at 3:29pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Official Sales Alert thread Last post on Today at 2:35 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- StyleForum eBay Round Up - Week of April 12 Last post on 4/12/15 at 8:40am in Streetwear and Denim
- StyleForum eBay Round Up - Week of October 5 Last post on 10/5/14 at 10:27am in Classic Menswear
- StyleForum eBay Round Up - Week of September 28 Last post on 10/1/14 at 10:36am in Classic Menswear
Buyer provided wrong/incomplete shipping information and the...
Last edited: 3/24/16
- USPS tried to deliver a package and then brought it back to the...Last edited: 3/24/16
- How should I handle buyers that don't pay immediately?Last edited: 3/24/16
- Do Not As Described items result in defect for the seller?Last edited: 3/24/16
- How does PayPal "pay after you receive the item" feature...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II (Return to the Thunderdome) - Page 2703post #40532 of 544047/10/16 at 8:09pmQuote:
Is it actually crooked or bent, or just loose. What kind of base does it have? Sometimes the bottom of the base has a nut to tighten. Not sure that is case here though. I thrifted a cool old fan where I had to cut open felt on bottom of base to find nut to tighten up base and stand.post #40533 of 544047/10/16 at 9:17pmpost #40534 of 544047/10/16 at 9:19pm
Hey guys, would appreciate some advice as to if I should have left some of the items below. Some items from past couple weeks, would definitely fall under the "fodder" category. All thrift prices though, $6 shoes, $7 SCs, $5.75 shirts, $3 ties.
Burgundy AE Park Avenue
Couple Zegna ties
Aquascutum Aqua 5 belted trench. Would you guys usually leave this? Was $10, looked like pretty good construction and had nice details.Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
To Boot NY Adam Derrick made in Italy Suede Chelsea Boots. A little beat up but wasn't going to leave it there for $6
Older Hickey Freeman SC, grabbed it because the condition was great and liked the color/pattern. 42R. Here's a question: I see a decent amount of HF where I'm at and was wondering if I should stay away from grabbing them if it's not a new label. I see eBay being pretty saturated with them and imagine it may be hard to get rid of
J Press 3/2 Pinstripe. Grabbed this one (was $3.50) when I was in a rush and kind of regret it. Pretty sure this is an orphan and looking into some completed listings I probably should have let this one go.
Shirts. Usually I don't look through the shirts because it takes a long time and they're priced at $5.75 here (same price as shoes and $1 less than sport coats). Had some extra time this weekend and took a look and ended up getting three. Would you guys have taken the Thomas Pink and Tommy Bahama? Grabbed the Tommy Bahama because it was 100% silk...and there were pineapples.
Ended up leaving this after finding some shiny spots. Was a perfect fit, great construction but had never heard of the brand (Olden Monsieur?). Full canvas, made in france, Loro Piana 100s, cool looking buttons, double vents. Also not sure what I would've worn it with
Thanks for all your guys' help!! At the end of the day it's really not about the money but the whole "hustle" really gets my blood pumping and is a hobby I hope to continue (hopefully at a more sustainable pace). I really enjoy learning more about the pre-owned clothing market and my wardrobe has gone up leaps and bounds since I started a month ago.post #40535 of 544047/10/16 at 9:36pmHowdy gents...
Just got back from some summer camping with the kids so catching up on the thread.
Finally stepped into a thrift today. Found a pair of nice navy Brax pants that fit, so grabbed them.
Just like their saying says...they "feel good".
Also daughter was with me  and wanted a Disney princess doll she found. Great condition. The tag showed it was from the Disney store in London, England. Maybr she'll be a thrifter too.post #40536 of 544047/11/16 at 3:21ampost #40537 of 544047/11/16 at 4:34ampost #40538 of 544047/11/16 at 6:23amQuote:Originally Posted by dad2bandm
Is it actually crooked or bent, or just loose. What kind of base does it have? Sometimes the bottom of the base has a nut to tighten. Not sure that is case here though. I thrifted a cool old fan where I had to cut open felt on bottom of base to find nut to tighten up base and stand.
So, if I want my mannequin to stand up straight, I have to adjust his nuts?post #40539 of 544047/11/16 at 7:57ampost #40540 of 544047/11/16 at 8:01ampost #40541 of 544047/11/16 at 8:22amQuote:
But, change the buttons to MOP or horn.
Wear as a more formal side blazer. Perhaps itll look odd with jeans since the jacket doesnt have more casual features like patch pockets. Trousers and dress shirt+tie!post #40542 of 544047/11/16 at 8:24am
Busy week so not much time to thrift but it's been an educational week to be sure. I've been trying to stretch out into new brands and items that weren't clothes. So much to learn.
Vtg Sun Eagle Cloisonne Tie Clip
Jars plates and accent plates (unfortunately couldn't find the bowl or mugs)
Trafalgar belt (pretty sure it's NWOT). Unfortunately, too small for me.
Isaia x BBGF with EZ fabric. Size 41/35.
Brown even though the pic doesn't show it well. Shout out to @Brianpore for helping me with identification.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Brooks Brothers. No maker's tags. Don't know what the material is but it almost feels like gaberdine. Just liked the colors.
Incotex Ivory. Diffusion line but super comfortable and a perfect fit.
Luciano Barbera Sartoriale
Burberry London. 40R. Maker's tags are sewn in so they're difficult to show.
RRL (my first!). So sad that it's too big for me. I would wear the crap out of it.
United Arrows Green Label Relaxing, medium
Ministry of Supply Aviator pants. 30W
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I found these but couldn't find anything about Zippo clothes except a 2014 FB page but they don't even mention them on their site. Had to get them because of the mystery.
Are these selvedge? I'm still unsure of what to look for.
And rounding it all out was this pair of women's size 6 Thakoon Addition pants which happened to be in the men's section. Checked the retail prices and they weren't too shabby so I picked them up.post #40543 of 544047/11/16 at 8:25ampost #40544 of 544047/11/16 at 8:28ampost #40545 of 544047/11/16 at 8:28amQuote:
moodfabrics.... let me find you a link.
here ya go
also, etsy has some decent ones from time to time.
- USPS tried to deliver a package and then brought it back to the...
- › MEGA PEACOAT THREAD - 61 threads merged - all Peacoat questions HERE 34 seconds ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 1 minute ago
- › Viberg Boots 1 minute ago
- › The State of Black Tie: Your Observations 1 minute ago
- › Naked and famous denim 1 minute ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 1 minute ago
- › Dries Van Noten 100% Camel Hair Coat 2 minutes ago
- › IVY ACCESSORIES! Scarves (Barbour, Flusser, Draves, NWT Tweednill),... 2 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 4 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 4 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...