The thrift gods do not like to be mocked... They have the power to change your RLPL to Hunt Club.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Our Gigantic Summer Sale Thread! Contribute Now Last post on 7/27/15 at 3:29pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Official Sales Alert thread Last post on Today at 1:41 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- StyleForum eBay Round Up - Week of April 12 Last post on 4/12/15 at 8:40am in Streetwear and Denim
- StyleForum eBay Round Up - Week of October 5 Last post on 10/5/14 at 10:27am in Classic Menswear
- StyleForum eBay Round Up - Week of September 28 Last post on 10/1/14 at 10:36am in Classic Menswear
Buyer provided wrong/incomplete shipping information and the...
Last edited: 3/24/16
- USPS tried to deliver a package and then brought it back to the...Last edited: 3/24/16
- How should I handle buyers that don't pay immediately?Last edited: 3/24/16
- Do Not As Described items result in defect for the seller?Last edited: 3/24/16
- How does PayPal "pay after you receive the item" feature...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II (Return to the Thunderdome) - Page 2699post #40471 of 514187/9/16 at 1:22pmpost #40472 of 514187/9/16 at 1:27pmpost #40473 of 514187/9/16 at 1:46pmpost #40474 of 514187/9/16 at 1:50pm
Can anyone authenticate this Louise Vuitton item? It's a stretch denim trench coat with ribknit sleeves and collar. All hardware is stamped. The fabric has a nice sheen inside and out; the seams are all stitched very well, but the topstitching is iffy in places. My gut says 'maybe'. If it isn't, that's okay, one of my daughters will rock it. I can't find anything like it with Google. Usually, if something is faked, there will be a lot of fakes out there.post #40475 of 514187/9/16 at 1:52pmQuote:
Hard to say. What are the proportions like? I thrifted a club collar white bd that buttons like a mens but the proportions just make me think it's a women's shirt.post #40476 of 514187/9/16 at 1:54pmQuote:
AFAIK, Comme des Garcons is a women's brand that mimics men's styling. The name brand literally means, "Like Men's" Measurements will tell.post #40477 of 514187/9/16 at 1:55pm
Been forever since I've been able to get out and see what's doing. Hit one thrift and one estate sale today.
From the thrift:
Was hoping to flip this but I see someone else here has one listed and it's not selling like hotcakes, so ... :
Some JP's for me:
Hahahaha! But the crystal / embroidered / beaded ones turn over OK, so why not:
BB for me:
Vintage BB cotton denim work shirt:
I think these are the "good" ones. Made in Japan, selvedge. I've seen tons made in China and non-selvedge, but first time seeing these. Not sure tho...anyone have a hint?
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I never buy JAB except when I do:
Orvis Zambezi leather-trimmed pants, NWT. I've come across a few of the coats, never the pants:
From the estate sale. This dude was trad / prep from years ago. Mostly vintage.
I was schooled on Talbots. Used to be called "The Talbots" and carried men's and women's, trad / prep / ivy / etc. Far cry from what it is today.
Super-dusty vintage BB track suit - covered in drywall dust but I think it'll clean up OK...maybe some spots tho.post #40478 of 514187/9/16 at 1:56pmpost #40479 of 514187/9/16 at 2:07pmpost #40480 of 514187/9/16 at 3:05pmQuote:
When they finally cleared out the racks and racks of new JAB, they loaded back up with a sea of Arizona Jeans. We don't even have an equivalent menswear store that COULD drop this shiz off.Quote:Originally Posted by the2ndhandman
Harry Rosen has a new store opening soon. It's in a storage locker somewhere in Toronto. My month of paid paternity is up as of yesterday but I've decided to extend it to sixth months off at 40% pay and hits the racks hard far and wide for awhile and go back after the new year.
saywhatnow? Is that funded by the government or the employer?Quote:
That is such a tradgasmic haul. While not as lucrative as a Rosen dump, that had to be fun to come across.post #40481 of 514187/9/16 at 3:12pmpost #40482 of 514187/9/16 at 3:43pmpost #40483 of 514187/9/16 at 4:25pmpost #40484 of 514187/9/16 at 5:02pmpost #40485 of 514187/9/16 at 5:11pm
- USPS tried to deliver a package and then brought it back to the...
- › patrickBOOTH's Third-of-Life Crisis and (Mostly) Self-Imposed... 6 seconds ago
- › Eidos "Donegal" Nailhead Wool Field Jacket 36R 8 seconds ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 17 seconds ago
- › Yellow Hook Appreciation Thread 25 seconds ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 37 seconds ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 54 seconds ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 1 minute ago
- › Taylor Stitch - Official Affiliate Thread 5 minutes ago
- › things that are making you happy 6 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 8 minutes ago
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...