Rappers like gucci. Maybe they're trying to become the go to status symbol for the rock crowd?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Our Gigantic Summer Sale Thread! Contribute Now Last post on 7/27/15 at 3:29pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Official Sales Alert thread Last post on Today at 11:06 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- StyleForum eBay Round Up - Week of April 12 Last post on 4/12/15 at 8:40am in Streetwear and Denim
- StyleForum eBay Round Up - Week of October 5 Last post on 10/5/14 at 10:27am in Classic Menswear
- StyleForum eBay Round Up - Week of September 28 Last post on 10/1/14 at 10:36am in Classic Menswear
Buyer provided wrong/incomplete shipping information and the...
Last edited: 3/24/16
- USPS tried to deliver a package and then brought it back to the...Last edited: 3/24/16
- How should I handle buyers that don't pay immediately?Last edited: 3/24/16
- Do Not As Described items result in defect for the seller?Last edited: 3/24/16
- How does PayPal "pay after you receive the item" feature...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II (Return to the Thunderdome) - Page 2653post #39781 of 550426/29/16 at 11:09ampost #39782 of 550426/29/16 at 11:13amWarning: Spoiler! (Click to show)Quote:Originally Posted by leisurewear
Hi guys, newbie thrifter here posting for the first time. Got inspired after going through this thread and a similar one on AAAC and have been hooked since earlier this month. It's a bit intimidating submitting here with all the ridiculous finds but wanted to offer my humble victories however small with the group. Mostly have been adding the thrifted items to my wardrobe since I've had luck with sizes and also I think if I start going for volume/making profit it'll eventually suck the joy out of it all. All the below are true thrifts (from Goodwill) except for the pants.
Probably the high retail value item I got, 2-Piece Gray Prince of Wales Plaid BBGF suit, near mint condition. Fits pretty well and currently at the tailors to get some minor touch-ups (also an intro pic that has my face in it)Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
These two are what got it all started. Walked into Goodwill and these two were the first two items I saw, both fit well and have been adopted. Suede Captoe Brogue Oxfords (Walk-Over, made in USA) and AE Villarosa Tassels
This was the first SC, pretty satisfied with the fit and didn't take it to get altered. Jaeger wool/silk/linen blend. Pretty colors.
Favorite shoe thrift so far, AE Sanfords in my size, freshly recrafted (probably worn less than 5 times after recrafting)
MTM recent Tom James Executive Collection Gray Pinstripe 2-Piece suit. This one I currently have on ebay. The shoulders fit well but would need to get the waist of the jacket let out and the sleeves dropped. I don't wear suits often so currently leaning to try to sell and fund my thrifting addiction. PM if you want measurements. Measures to a 42R cut slim/very slim.
AE Park Avenues 10.5 C, available.
Found these Zanella pants at a consignment store today for $25. Loro Piana 150s. Going into the rotation.Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Bought probably 12-15 ties this month (all $3 a pop). Below are my 3 favorite. From L to R: Old Burberry, Luigi Borrelli, YSL
And finally one for the wife. She is troubled by my new hobby but asked me to look for some artwork while I was at it. Limited edition Dalhart Windberg print from 1985 along with affidavit of limited edition for $25. Resale value is probably only around $150 but the wife likes it so it'll go up in the house
So that's my month in review. A couple other SCs and a heavy trench of lesser brands that fit well but not worth posting. Have a mental checklist of items I'd like to find while thrifting and hoping I can get to a sustainable pace and not go too crazy. I think I've stopped by a thrift store after work 90% of the days in the past 3 weeks.....
Check these for pee stains.Quote:
I've never found anything in the women's racks.Quote:
Seems like ever since they changed hands.post #39783 of 550426/29/16 at 11:15ampost #39784 of 550426/29/16 at 11:15ampost #39785 of 550426/29/16 at 11:17ampost #39786 of 550426/29/16 at 11:19ampost #39787 of 550426/29/16 at 11:34am
Found this cool Italian walnut valet on 4 caster wheels, 1950's era, by Ico Parisi for Fratelli Reguitti.
Don't know how reputable chairish.com is, but I found someone selling the same one for $395:
Edited by Pierson v Post - 6/29/16 at 12:28pmpost #39788 of 550426/29/16 at 11:41ampost #39789 of 550426/29/16 at 11:42ampost #39790 of 550426/29/16 at 12:47pmpost #39791 of 550426/29/16 at 12:48pmpost #39792 of 550426/29/16 at 12:53pmpost #39793 of 550426/29/16 at 12:57pmpost #39794 of 550426/29/16 at 12:58pmpost #39795 of 550426/29/16 at 1:00pm
- USPS tried to deliver a package and then brought it back to the...
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 13 minutes ago
- › Crockett & Jones MTO Central 16 minutes ago
- › LOAKE APPRECIATION & SHOE P0RN THREAD 18 minutes ago
- › ethan's Musing on the Near East 24 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 26 minutes ago
- › OFFICIAL President Trump Thread 28 minutes ago
- › Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts? 33 minutes ago
- › things that are making you happy 38 minutes ago
- › patrickBOOTH's Third-of-Life Crisis and (Mostly) Self-Imposed... 39 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 43 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...