bought me a book
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Our Gigantic Summer Sale Thread! Contribute Now Last post on 7/27/15 at 3:29pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Official Sales Alert thread Last post on Today at 6:26 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- StyleForum eBay Round Up - Week of April 12 Last post on 4/12/15 at 8:40am in Streetwear and Denim
- StyleForum eBay Round Up - Week of October 5 Last post on 10/5/14 at 10:27am in Classic Menswear
- StyleForum eBay Round Up - Week of September 28 Last post on 10/1/14 at 10:36am in Classic Menswear
Buyer provided wrong/incomplete shipping information and the...
Last edited: 3/24/16
- USPS tried to deliver a package and then brought it back to the...Last edited: 3/24/16
- How should I handle buyers that don't pay immediately?Last edited: 3/24/16
- Do Not As Described items result in defect for the seller?Last edited: 3/24/16
- How does PayPal "pay after you receive the item" feature...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II (Return to the Thunderdome) - Page 2643post #39631 of 510586/27/16 at 5:13pmThread Starterpost #39632 of 510586/27/16 at 5:14pmpost #39633 of 510586/27/16 at 5:16pmpost #39634 of 510586/27/16 at 5:16pmQuote:
lol fwiw i just picked up a pair of running shoes at NR. deals to be had, no doubt. nothing wrong with a little psa, especially if there's eyewash involved.
and also fwiw pleats are just another perfectly legitimate tailoring solution. i like ff fine, but i think that lower rise ff is a little overdone and comes off as somewhat immature. i like a natural waist and pleats is one way to get there. i also tend to agree that for standup fabrics, chinos etc pleats don't really work. to each their own.post #39635 of 510586/27/16 at 5:21pmpost #39636 of 510586/27/16 at 5:22pmThread StarterQuote:
they were gone when I got back to the store with it and i didnt tell them yet. I'm expecting at least one resignation tomorrow lolpost #39637 of 510586/27/16 at 5:28pmpost #39638 of 510586/27/16 at 5:38pmpost #39639 of 510586/27/16 at 5:48pmQuote:Originally Posted by eazye
Yup, all my luxaire trousers have pleats. Just picked up a pair of triple pleated Dries pants off grilled...we'll see how that goes. 😊 The problem with pleats is that people remember them on ill fitting, billowy leg chinos worn by 90's casual Friday cubicle drones. If you have a pair that fit well and sit on your natural waist as opposed to under your belly, they are actually more flattering than flat fronts.
Anyone have pics of pleats that look good? Not sure I can believe it.post #39640 of 510586/27/16 at 5:58pmpost #39641 of 510586/27/16 at 6:02pmIf you're really curious, do some searching on Google, find some people that have clothing made to fit them PROPERLY, and you'll see examples of both pleated and flat front pants that look good. But, as with most things on this forum, "look good" is as subjective a phrase as they come.
Pleats serve a purpose, to help the fabric below the waistband blouse out when one sits or raises their knees. Prevents pulling and wrinkling when one is seated or one's hands are in their pockets. If pants are constructed and fitted properly, pleats should not even be noticed while standing or walking normally, they should lie completely flat until one is seated or something of the sort. As mentioned previously, pleats get a bad rap because of men wearing off the rack pleated pants that are either constructed poorly (i.e. Too low rise for pleats, blousy hips, etc) or pants of the wrong size entirely make them look awful.
If you like em, wear em. If not, don't. That's why there are both, and a range of options between. Like single pleats, reverse pleats, and darts.
Flat fronts can look really awful if fitted poorly as well, don't forget. There's a place for all of it. And much depends on body type, quality of fit, fabric type, and of course personal taste.
For starters, you can read here: http://thesuitsofjamesbond.com/pleated-trousers/
And then search some more, you'll find good examples of both well-fitted and ill-fitted pleats and flat fronts.post #39642 of 510586/27/16 at 6:04pmpost #39643 of 510586/27/16 at 6:14pmpost #39644 of 510586/27/16 at 6:15pmQuote:
Funny clean anecdote about groom, compliment bride, express love for both and wish them well, thank them for including you in their special day, encourage everyone to join you in toasting their marriage and new life together. Mic drop and peace out. Hit on every bridesmaid.post #39645 of 510586/27/16 at 6:15pm
Finding a number of things over the last week ... here's the nicest of them. There's a bunch of fodder too ... not worth pictures today. I'm new enough at this that all are pops.
Paradise Found Magnum PI Hawaiian shirt XL
Three Tom Ford Ties (two shown)
RLPL linen shirt
Dolce and Gabbana shirt
RT best in class tie
Hate to ask, but is this one a gren?
And Spoo ... amazing haul, kudos to you ... setting the bar oh so high.
- USPS tried to deliver a package and then brought it back to the...
- › Why Hillary will be the next POTUS 29 seconds ago
- › House of Kydos - Official Affiliate Thread 38 seconds ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's,... 1 minute ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 4 minutes ago
- › shoe construction...behind the veil 11 minutes ago
- › Exquisite Trimmings - Based in London, UK - Official Affiliate Thread 16 minutes ago
- › Stephan Schneider. You'll Always Find Me In The Kitchen At Parties. 27 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 34 minutes ago
- › 2016 50 Book Challenge 38 minutes ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 42 minutes ago
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Fashion Forward brands that will be big in
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway