or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II (Return to the Thunderdome)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II (Return to the Thunderdome) - Page 2640

post #39586 of 51365
Quote:
Originally Posted by eazye View Post

Yup, all my luxaire trousers have pleats. Just picked up a pair of triple pleated Dries pants off grilled...we'll see how that goes. 😊 The problem with pleats is that people remember them on ill fitting, billowy leg chinos worn by 90's casual Friday cubicle drones. If you have a pair that fit well and sit on your natural waist as opposed to under your belly, they are actually more flattering than flat fronts.

this. im not sure i can get with 3x pleats, but a high rise slim pleated trew looks awesome.
post #39587 of 51365

Well, you guys convinced me that I should make a stop there after work again, to take a more thorough look (I was rushed on lunch earlier).  If it's still there, I'll try it on more, including the pants.  :-)  Thanks for the always helpful advice!

post #39588 of 51365
If these Goodwill employees continue to hide Polo in the women's section, I might have to prosecute them legally.
post #39589 of 51365
Quote:
Originally Posted by dad2bandm View Post
 

Well, you guys convinced me that I should make a stop there after work again, to take a more thorough look (I was rushed on lunch earlier).  If it's still there, I'll try it on more, including the pants.  :-)  Thanks for the always helpful advice!


Remember...check the width and rise.

https://hiphopandpolitics.files.wordpress.com/2010/08/mc-hammer-a01.jpg

post #39590 of 51365
Quote:
Originally Posted by tben View Post
 


Remember...check the width and rise.

 

 

Why? I just adjust what I consider to be my natural waist. Unfortunately, then I end up with my tie being a bit long.

 

post #39591 of 51365
Quote:
Originally Posted by dad2bandm View Post

For my own education and because it's my size:

Is this Samuelsohn dated? Pants are pleated so I assume so. Jacket has 4 button sleeves...possibly too wide lapel? Trying to figure it out. Label has heart centered on label over Samuelsohn.





Watch Seinfeld reruns to learn about lapels =)
post #39592 of 51365
Quote:
Originally Posted by drlivingston View Post
 

 

Why? I just adjust what I consider to be my natural waist. Unfortunately, then I end up with my tie being a bit long.

 


I like your pot/kettle.

post #39593 of 51365


post #39594 of 51365
Only 1 recent find worth mentioning. What breaks my heart is that there were more and someone bought the others but left these behind. Minty but small, 7D Alden
post #39595 of 51365
Quote:
Originally Posted by MZhammer View Post

Only 1 recent find worth mentioning. What breaks my heart is that there were more and someone bought the others but left these behind. Minty but small, 7D Alden Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

Oh 7D? Word? Available? 

post #39596 of 51365
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bahljs View Post
 

Oh 7D? Word? Available? 

Warning: eBay speak! (Click to show)

Unfortunately not Avail for a deal but they are sitting on the 'bay.

Paid up for these babies and have had 12 offers in under 24 hours of being listed (with crappy pics so far too)

post #39597 of 51365
Quote:
Originally Posted by MZhammer View Post

Only 1 recent find worth mentioning. What breaks my heart is that there were more and someone bought the others but left these behind. Minty but small, 7D Alden
Damn that will do fantastic in Japan. Love finding the small shoes
post #39598 of 51365
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbadgley84 View Post


Damn that will do fantastic in Japan. Love finding the small shoes

Japan = my closet. 

post #39599 of 51365

:uhoh:

 

If this is where pants are headed
Count me out
Out of service, out of fashion
I wouldn't hang about
These pleats are getting wildly out of hand

 

 

http://www.gq.com/story/mens-pleated-pants-trend

 

 

post #39600 of 51365
Once I tried it on....not digging it...especially pants. On to the next place.



New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II (Return to the Thunderdome)