Is that silk? Your item specifics say 100% silk but I would have guessed linen.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Our Gigantic Summer Sale Thread! Contribute Now Last post on 7/27/15 at 3:29pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Official Sales Alert thread Last post on Today at 9:22 am in Streetwear and Denim
- StyleForum eBay Round Up - Week of April 12 Last post on 4/12/15 at 8:40am in Streetwear and Denim
- StyleForum eBay Round Up - Week of October 5 Last post on 10/5/14 at 10:27am in Classic Menswear
- StyleForum eBay Round Up - Week of September 28 Last post on 10/1/14 at 10:36am in Classic Menswear
Buyer provided wrong/incomplete shipping information and the...
Last edited: 3/24/16
- USPS tried to deliver a package and then brought it back to the...Last edited: 3/24/16
- How should I handle buyers that don't pay immediately?Last edited: 3/24/16
- Do Not As Described items result in defect for the seller?Last edited: 3/24/16
- How does PayPal "pay after you receive the item" feature...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II (Return to the Thunderdome) - Page 2638post #39556 of 577216/26/16 at 6:43pmpost #39557 of 577216/26/16 at 6:48pmpost #39558 of 577216/26/16 at 6:58pmpost #39559 of 577216/26/16 at 8:56pmThread Starterpost #39560 of 577216/26/16 at 10:20pm
I've been mostly lurking for a couple months or so and wanted to start off with a thank you all for the info you share and encouragement (generally) found in this thread in particular. I have learned a ton from simply reading your past posts and have even picked up a couple nice items from members here (thanks Versace Guy and White Collar for the items). I finally stumbled on a fairly nice haul, for me, and had a couple questions I was hoping someone could help with.
First of all, I found all of this marked for large men, XXL, which probably was why it stayed on the rack for me to find on a Sunday afternoon. I'm thinking the 54 on the tags made employees at the shop think the suits were quite large, rather than a different system. In any event, I found about a dozen Canali jackets that appear to have been purchased at some point from a men's clothing shop in St. Louis. I was also able to reunite a few of them with their pants that I found sized properly a few aisles over. The great news is that most of them fit me with little to no need for alteration and I also found what looks to be 8 pretty nice ties to go with them.
Problem is, other than reading the tags to understand size/material, I have no idea how to glean more info. Despite that, I figured it was worth the ~ $7 per jacket to take a shot so I bought them all.
With that, how does one tell how old a suit is, the particular style, etc...? Is that something one can understand by simply tag scanning? I have included a few pics of tags that are a pretty good representation of the cross-section of jackets/suits I bought today. There are two pictures per jacket (front and back of tag). Any direction folks can give me would be much appreciated, particularly if they can guide me on how to interpret the tag.
Also, what do you gents suggest to do with the half dozen or so orphaned jackets I have? Do you normally pair with a solid color pant? Sell online to make room for more suits? Other suggestions?
Thanks so much in advance for your help. Hopefully I find nice enough items to post to this thread with more regularity in the future.post #39561 of 577216/27/16 at 2:14am
^^ For Canali, those blue labels you have are older, probably more than 13 years old. The more recent brown labels are about 4 to 13 years old, and the current label(< 3 year old) is the one with an insignia. Another member might be able to tell you the exact timeline based on the label. The "Modello" on the inner tag tells you the fit, more specifically, the second digit of that number. The lower the number, the more generous the fit, the 11320 you have there means it is very generous in fit. 11xxx to 13xxx are classic fitting, and 15xxx to 18xxx are more slim-fitting. Someone with a more detailed knowledge might be able to tell you more.
Orphaned jacket that is not striped and be worn as a blazer. I wear them with t shirt, jeans and sneakers GQ style for the young look, which other people here might grill me onpost #39562 of 577216/27/16 at 4:34ampost #39563 of 577216/27/16 at 4:52am
I'm far from an expert but when I found one awhile ago and when I was looking it up, most if not all belts from 90s on were made in Spain and had a heat stamp for the info? Spoo could probably tell you more
Edit: That Polo bear bed set is dope as hell Spoo haha. I wonder what the age limit is for having bears on your bed sheets lolpost #39564 of 577216/27/16 at 7:47ampost #39565 of 577216/27/16 at 8:04ampost #39566 of 577216/27/16 at 8:07am
Pendleton Robe Carrying Case
@Fueco Any idea on the age on these? The care tag is faded so I can't pull any style/product codes and haven't found anything comparable online.
The Nordstrom Rack nearby has gotten some slightly more interesting shoes than normal. If anyone is interested in any of these let me know and I'm happy to proxy
I was primarily looking in the 11/11.5 section, but many of these could be had in other Sizes
Oak Street Bootmaker for Trunk Club - Multiple Sizes
Oak Street Bootmaker - Multiple Sizes
To Boot New York - Multiple Sizes
Quoddy - Multiple Sizes
Wolverine 1000 Mile - Only pair I saw
Allen Edmonds - Only Pair I Saw
Pendleton X Vans - Forgot the tag shot but I believe they were 12/11.5 and $30post #39567 of 577216/27/16 at 9:59ampost #39568 of 577216/27/16 at 10:08ampost #39569 of 577216/27/16 at 10:13amQuote:
Even with pleated pants?
(edit: This picture is horrible, as it washed it out too, but... it's a very dark, muted brownish colour with the plaid design through it)post #39570 of 577216/27/16 at 10:16am
- USPS tried to deliver a package and then brought it back to the...
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 2 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 5 minutes ago
- › Kamakura Shirts - Madison Ave Store 7 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 23 minutes ago
- › LOAKE APPRECIATION & SHOE P0RN THREAD 25 minutes ago
- › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll... 37 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 38 minutes ago
- › Lanieri Online MTM suits Made in Italy - Official Affiliate Thread 39 minutes ago
- › Yellow Hook Appreciation Thread 45 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 48 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...