or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II (Return to the Thunderdome)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II (Return to the Thunderdome) - Page 2629

post #39421 of 51105
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpooPoker View Post


was free!

I used to have boxes of those damn pencils. If I had all of the limited production RL samples that were given to me in the early 90s, I could retire.

post #39422 of 51105

The red one is a vintage gren

 

 

Tod's and Ostrich, thanks again to the thread, would have taken forever to ID this skin.

Some guy donated his entire starter wardrobe, all mint, mosty Flusser, Pronto, Men's Wearhouse stuff, about 25 suits and 50 or so shirts, a couple gems though.

HF Silk/Wool gorgeous colors

Gettin high on my own supply with this one, dual vent, ff pants, fits like it was tailored for me

another, same size and guy, but too slim for me.

 

 

Did not cop, but now looking at completed listings, I wish I had.

 

Vintage Hartmann attache with some patina ;)

 

 

did not kop

did kop, kids are enjoying.

 

Oh and this, has the loop, and if Hermes is going to make a corporate tie, it'll be a French Champagne.

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
post #39423 of 51105
Epic day with @spoopoker. Details and photos tomorrow because I came home and passed out from exhaustion. Weeks of running on fumes and 3 days of flying until 2am finally caught up to me and I'm told I fell asleep literally mid-Harry Potter. My 9 year old was unable to rouse me.
Anyway, it was a day unlike I've had in a long long time.
post #39424 of 51105
Don't worry, that's just the normal reaction to Harry Potter.
post #39425 of 51105
Are any Hawaiian shirts worth picking up?
post #39426 of 51105
Based on what I see here: Reyn Spooner, Paradise Found, Pataloha/Patagonia
post #39427 of 51105
Damn G, when are you coming to my turf?

And spoo. . .
We don't think that is a Kimono. I was guessing European. Work guys guessed Chinese.

(Yes, there is now a table of Mechanics in Japan following your thrift finds.) lol8[1].gif
post #39428 of 51105
I've found fuck all in the thrifts lately here in the UK. I'm blaming the 'Leave' voters. From now on EVERYTHING is their fault. Wankers.
post #39429 of 51105
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by classicthrifter View Post

How.Do.You.Get.It.All?

Seriously, do you just see the rack and say I'll buy all of this right now and roll it over to the purchase desk? I just imagine people fighting for this stuff like at some thrifts... How in the world... Amazing! I really need to get more in to estate sales. Wow...

There was a lot of work done to ensure that I was able to grab the best of the best. I also went with @GMMcL who was running interference from the Russians for me. He'll fill you in on the rest of that later smile.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMMcL View Post

Epic day with @spoopoker. Details and photos tomorrow because I came home and passed out from exhaustion. Weeks of running on fumes and 3 days of flying until 2am finally caught up to me and I'm told I fell asleep literally mid-Harry Potter. My 9 year old was unable to rouse me.
Anyway, it was a day unlike I've had in a long long time.

Could've also been the margaritas.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrift Vader View Post


And spoo. . .
We don't think that is a Kimono. I was guessing European. Work guys guessed Chinese.

(Yes, there is now a table of Mechanics in Japan following your thrift finds.) lol8[1].gif

WUSSUP MECHANICS IN JAPAN! fistbump.gif

European? Hmm. Interesting. Ill get more pics and send them over.
post #39430 of 51105
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nataku View Post

lurker[1].gif
Only got these 3x Zegnatex, 1 Incotex, and an Etro clown pants. The other ones are damaged. Had a catch and release moment with a Tom Ford frown.gif

post #39431 of 51105
Thread Starter 
What in gods name could be wrong enough with anything Tom Ford to release it?!
post #39432 of 51105
Deetz on the clown pants?
post #39433 of 51105
Quote:
Originally Posted by Van Veen View Post

Based on what I see here: Reyn Spooner, Paradise Found, Pataloha/Patagonia

Agree with these. I also never pass up Tommy Bahama camp shirts with an embroidered image on the back. Those things sell as well as skeets (and probably to the same people).

post #39434 of 51105
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpooPoker View Post

What in gods name could be wrong enough with anything Tom Ford to release it?!

moth holes, zanellastains, skid marks, rat nest, or protein stains.
post #39435 of 51105
Quote:
Originally Posted by timhortons View Post

moth holes, zanellastains, skid marks, rat nest, or protein stains.

Yeah, but only if it's all of those combined.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II (Return to the Thunderdome)