Same with Kiton...i's are always "ee"
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Our Gigantic Summer Sale Thread! Contribute Now Last post on 7/27/15 at 3:29pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Official Sales Alert thread Last post on Yesterday at 9:57 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- StyleForum eBay Round Up - Week of April 12 Last post on 4/12/15 at 8:40am in Streetwear and Denim
- StyleForum eBay Round Up - Week of October 5 Last post on 10/5/14 at 10:27am in Classic Menswear
- StyleForum eBay Round Up - Week of September 28 Last post on 10/1/14 at 10:36am in Classic Menswear
Buyer provided wrong/incomplete shipping information and the...
Last edited: 3/24/16
- USPS tried to deliver a package and then brought it back to the...Last edited: 3/24/16
- How should I handle buyers that don't pay immediately?Last edited: 3/24/16
- Do Not As Described items result in defect for the seller?Last edited: 3/24/16
- How does PayPal "pay after you receive the item" feature...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II (Return to the Thunderdome) - Page 2564post #38447 of 480266/9/16 at 8:39pmQuote:
I always liked this short video...post #38448 of 480266/9/16 at 8:41pmpost #38449 of 480266/9/16 at 8:47pmpost #38450 of 480266/9/16 at 9:03pm
Been fostering this orphan kitten for the last week. Was mean as hell when I got it - calmed down a lot since then. Patience, babe.
No comments from you cat haters - last time I posted a picture of I stray cat I took in, @capnwes told me to set it on fire, which was messed up, so hush if it's not your thing.
His name is Sparky.post #38451 of 480266/9/16 at 9:05pmQuote:
I didn't see this earlier... Generally, event jerseys aren't worth picking up. Super-old vintage ones might be, but run of the mill century rides? Not so much... You might get lucky though and find a buyer who did the ride that year. All of the event jerseys I have in my shop are consignments.post #38452 of 480266/9/16 at 9:09pmYears of classical voice training taught me how to pronounce all of these languages, even if I don't really know what the words mean. The ones that really trip me up are ones that are either not in the language they appear to be in at first glance, or are pronounced non-traditionally for some reason. Italian is a very simple language to learn to pronounce because the vowels are all pure and the rules generally make sense. C's tend to do weird things at times, because of the combos with other consonants, and you have to watch out for "gl" and "gn," which we don't have precise versions of in English, but I don't consciously think about how to pronounce things anymore for the most part, unless it's like an English word with umlauts for no reason or something like that.post #38453 of 480266/9/16 at 9:11pmpost #38454 of 480266/9/16 at 9:13pmQuote:Originally Posted by jerms24k
Years of classical voice training taught me how to pronounce all of these languages, even if I don't really know what the words mean. The ones that really trip me up are ones that are either not in the language they appear to be in at first glance, or are pronounced non-traditionally for some reason. Italian is a very simple language to learn to pronounce because the vowels are all pure and the rules generally make sense. C's tend to do weird things at times, because of the combos with other consonants, and you have to watch out for "gl" and "gn," which we don't have precise versions of in English, but I don't consciously think about how to pronounce things anymore for the most part, unless it's like an English word with umlauts for no reason or something like that.
Gnocchi. I had to date an Italian girl for a while to learn how to pronounce that one.post #38455 of 480266/9/16 at 9:43pmBeen slim here but a couple pops
Both 100% linen
Is this a flaw on the collar or the nature of the linen? Seems kinda lame for an expensive shirt
Very church window-esque T&A tie
First time finding anything this old and it is in incredible shape for its age. I couldn't believe the date on the tag when I saw it. Could not leave it behind.
The date is a little hard to read as part of it sits below the seam but that says September, 1929
Another fun find. 100% cashmere dinner jacket with beautiful smoked shell (I think) buttons. Made for a now defunct Reno menswear store. Makes me curious to look into when they were in business, as I've never heard of the store. Also, fits me pretty well.post #38456 of 480266/9/16 at 10:01pmQuote:
Short answer, yes. Go back and get that tie. Not sure if Pucci has as much of a male following but on the women's scarf side it's had popularity.
It is actually a pretty similar design to a Pucci carf that my wife has so even if it isn't something you want to flip or kop for yourself, get it for me and I'll pay you via PayPal with some profit for ya.
Edit: pucci ties ranging from preowned to NWT seem to be relatively cheap on eBay sold listings, like $10-50 average. NWT for the higher end of course. For $5 I'd grab it either way if I were you.post #38457 of 480266/9/16 at 11:52pmpost #38458 of 480266/10/16 at 3:15ampost #38459 of 480266/10/16 at 3:35ampost #38460 of 480266/10/16 at 3:41am
- USPS tried to deliver a package and then brought it back to the...
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part two (Rolex, Patek Philippe, ... 2 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 2 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 3 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 4 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 6 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 7 minutes ago
- › The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! 8 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 13 minutes ago
- › Cesare Attolini gray wool pants EU50 - staple in mint condition 14 minutes ago
- › What Movies Are You Watching Lately 15 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...