or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II (Return to the Thunderdome)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II (Return to the Thunderdome) - Page 2562

post #38416 of 51002

@Fueco  run of the mill cycling jersey

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

Edited by Pierson v Post - 6/10/16 at 3:44am
post #38417 of 51002
Anyone done any thrifting in Charleston, South Carolina and can give me a couple of good places to go?
post #38418 of 51002

Domenico Vacca 7-fold

 

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

post #38419 of 51002
Quote:
Originally Posted by impuntura View Post

Wipe thise tears with a Charvet tie Nat.

lol8[1].gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerekS View Post

lead singer used to be a friend of mine. Sheldon! Lots of drugs and booze shared between me and that dude

Whoa, really? Haven't spun it yet. Any clues what I'm in for?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Moo View Post

@Nataku and other LP dudes...

Are you buying these LPs to flip or for personal collections (or both)? LPs are always abundant here, but I have never looked through them because I have no idea what to look for (in terms of flipping). Any advice/thoughts?

Little bit of both. Always filling in the gaps in my collection but also grab stuff I know is desirable because someone will either want to trade or buy it.
post #38420 of 51002
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpooPoker View Post


of course, i only post true thrift. two stores and one estate sale that was.

nwt lp vest? don't recall. you mean the castorino lined one?

I could be off on who it was but I thought you found one with like a 12k Price tag on it

post #38421 of 51002
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purplelabel View Post

I have a big one near me, indeed. But it's still pretty pricey. I've bought plenty of items, but all for personal use.

I think he means the one at Bicester, which has been known to have Purple Label and RRL at big discounts but it's really hit or miss and a couple of hours drive away. I got a Prada SC at 10% rule last time I was there though, and some Gucci shoes. We've got one of the normal outlets too, quite locally, but it's all Polo and not worth flipping.
post #38422 of 51002
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nataku View Post

Whoa, really? Haven't spun it yet. Any clues what I'm in for?

pretty wild stuff. Imagine hank williams on a 3 week meth and whisky bender.

sheldon is actually hank Jrs son... .(which is why he goes by hank 3) When he's playing alone with a guitar... he looks and sounds so much like his grandfather is SCARY.

*edit* when i say friend... i mean he was seeing my best friends girlfriends roommate..... so we spent some time together but its not like he was getting invited to my wedding
post #38423 of 51002
Quote:
Originally Posted by DerekS View Post


pretty wild stuff. Imagine hank williams on a 3 week meth and whisky bender.

sheldon is actually hank Jrs son... .(which is why he goes by hank 3) When he's playing alone with a guitar... he looks and sounds so much like his grandfather is SCARY.

*edit* when i say friend... i mean he was seeing my best friends girlfriends roommate..... so we spent some time together but its not like he was getting invited to my wedding

straight to hell is one of my all time favorite country albums, so insanely talented. 

post #38424 of 51002
Anybody recognize this maker really nice recent italian made sc

post #38425 of 51002
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshmick View Post

straight to hell is one of my all time favorite country albums, so insanely talented. 

Yes!! Great album.

Hit a couple on my way home.



post #38426 of 51002
Quote:
Originally Posted by impuntura View Post

Anybody recognize this maker really nice recent italian made sc

Pal Zileri 

post #38427 of 51002
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spruce Moose View Post

I could be off on who it was but I thought you found one with like a 12k Price tag on it

Yeah the cashmere castorino was expensive as hell but didnt have any price tags in it.
post #38428 of 51002
Did a trade with @SpooPoker. Here's what he sent:

WW Chan. Fits like a 42. Beautiful jacket. I wish it fit me but alas it is available.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)







Turnbull & Asser wool/mohair/alpaca knit, Brioni
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)




Edited by aging in rhythm - 6/9/16 at 4:00pm
post #38429 of 51002
Yes of course Zileri.thank you.
post #38430 of 51002
So I heard someone pronounce the beginning of the word ISAIA like you would pronounce "is" - as in "the sky is blue." It was like is-ē-uh.

I've always pronounced it like i-zay-uh.

Which is correct?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II (Return to the Thunderdome)