Will tell you what i'm up to if @Takai shows the Rolex.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Our Gigantic Summer Sale Thread! Contribute Now Last post on 7/27/15 at 3:29pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Official Sales Alert thread Last post on Yesterday at 7:25 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- StyleForum eBay Round Up - Week of April 12 Last post on 4/12/15 at 8:40am in Streetwear and Denim
- StyleForum eBay Round Up - Week of October 5 Last post on 10/5/14 at 10:27am in Classic Menswear
- StyleForum eBay Round Up - Week of September 28 Last post on 10/1/14 at 10:36am in Classic Menswear
Buyer provided wrong/incomplete shipping information and the...
Last edited: 3/24/16
- USPS tried to deliver a package and then brought it back to the...Last edited: 3/24/16
- How should I handle buyers that don't pay immediately?Last edited: 3/24/16
- Do Not As Described items result in defect for the seller?Last edited: 3/24/16
- How does PayPal "pay after you receive the item" feature...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II (Return to the Thunderdome) - Page 2554post #38296 of 481796/8/16 at 3:13ampost #38297 of 481796/8/16 at 3:25amThread Starterpost #38298 of 481796/8/16 at 3:32ampost #38299 of 481796/8/16 at 3:33ampost #38300 of 481796/8/16 at 3:37ampost #38301 of 481796/8/16 at 3:42ampost #38302 of 481796/8/16 at 4:17ampost #38303 of 481796/8/16 at 4:24amQuote:Originally Posted by Cj52racers
Definitely pre-dates that. They were based in NY from the early 1880s I believe until they closed the shop in 1926 or so. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)They then sold the name and trained the Russians in 29.I've probably had four or five and they are gorgeous. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
That clock is definitely late Victorian. Between the 1892 patent date and the turn of the century most likely. Value on Victorian stuff has taken an absolute nosedive as Mid Century modern stuff has picked up in popularity. Probably worth $150-225 or so, which is unfortunately a deal less than it would have been ten years ago.
I've owned a few Ansonia pieces, specifically the ones cased by Royal Bonn. They would make the porcelain cases, hand paint them, then ship them to Ansonia who would add the movements.
@Cj52racers Thank you for your insight. I believe my case is cast iron. Quick story about mine. The tag said: "$4.99, As Is". The clock wasn't running, so I figured I could look up a clock repair shop in the area, but at this price I'll take a shot. I get home, open the back, hook up the pendulum (which had been smartly taped to the bottom by the donor), and voila! Runs great!
Edited by Pierson v Post - 6/8/16 at 4:49ampost #38304 of 481796/8/16 at 5:04ampost #38305 of 481796/8/16 at 7:26ampost #38306 of 481796/8/16 at 7:53ampost #38307 of 481796/8/16 at 8:28ampost #38308 of 481796/8/16 at 10:14ampost #38309 of 481796/8/16 at 10:24ampost #38310 of 481796/8/16 at 10:29am
- USPS tried to deliver a package and then brought it back to the...
- › Why Hillary will be the next POTUS 45 seconds ago
- › Cars We Drive! 2 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 2 minutes ago
- › Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos 2 minutes ago
- › Trump is #2 in GOP Field 2 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 2 minutes ago
- › new Yoox codes and sales - post them here 3 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 5 minutes ago
- › LuxeSwap - Official Affiliate Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 6 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...