Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Our Gigantic Summer Sale Thread! Contribute Now Last post on 7/27/15 at 3:29pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Official Sales Alert thread Last post on Today at 9:18 am in Streetwear and Denim
- StyleForum eBay Round Up - Week of April 12 Last post on 4/12/15 at 8:40am in Streetwear and Denim
- StyleForum eBay Round Up - Week of October 5 Last post on 10/5/14 at 10:27am in Classic Menswear
- StyleForum eBay Round Up - Week of September 28 Last post on 10/1/14 at 10:36am in Classic Menswear
Buyer provided wrong/incomplete shipping information and the...
Last edited: 3/24/16
- USPS tried to deliver a package and then brought it back to the...Last edited: 3/24/16
- How should I handle buyers that don't pay immediately?Last edited: 3/24/16
- Do Not As Described items result in defect for the seller?Last edited: 3/24/16
- How does PayPal "pay after you receive the item" feature...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II (Return to the Thunderdome) - Page 2517post #37741 of 548446/1/16 at 5:38pmpost #37742 of 548446/1/16 at 6:10pmAs many others have said, I didn't know Brian personally, but he always seemed like a pretty wonderful dude.
It's amazing to see/feel the sense of community in this thread, regardless of what situation brings it to the forefront. Everyone who posts here and helps to build that is a stand-up person, in my opinion.
Haven't found a lot lately, but I liked the "first item thrifted" question.
I've been going to flea markets and thrifts as long as I can remember, but the very first thing I recall actually thrifting was a Pro-Tec BMX helmet for like $1-2 when I was 12 or so. I wanted one so badly from seeing them everywhere in magazines. Oddly enough, I ended up frequenting the same store as an adult until it closed.
Keep knocking the finds out of the park! I mostly watch from the sidelines now.post #37743 of 548446/1/16 at 6:20pmpost #37744 of 548446/1/16 at 6:22pmpost #37745 of 548446/1/16 at 6:32pmpost #37746 of 548446/1/16 at 7:12pmpost #37747 of 548446/1/16 at 7:31pmFun after work thrifting today.
First, this is the most famous name I have seen at a thrift.
On a hickey orphan.
These orvis could not have been worn more than once.
Pretty heavy. Not sure what they are, not mocs or boat shoes.
And the big find. In my top five thrifts so far. This is definitely n/a.
Pure sex!!!post #37748 of 548446/1/16 at 7:32pmpost #37749 of 548446/1/16 at 7:39pmpost #37750 of 548446/1/16 at 7:44pmpost #37751 of 548446/1/16 at 7:45pmQuote:Originally Posted by rhyme
@SpooPoker what do you think. Upton or Anderson?
With his extreme old man sleep schedule, he could possibly be down and out for the evening. I can be of help, of course you feel free to confirm was the man arises from his slumber.....SFW...or quit (Click to show)post #37752 of 548446/1/16 at 7:55pmpost #37753 of 548446/1/16 at 8:00pmQuote:Originally Posted by Shanejosephxxx
Worked my 8th day in a row today so haven't been out in the field as much. Took Friday off so I'm gonna be out there all damn day! Just a few small pick ups from the past week or so. Versace isn't my thing so don't really care if it's real or not. Hand rolled edges and all that so who knows. It's more of a dark green but I just snapped a quick shot of it. Tie is Paul Stuart/Drakes. Really sad to hear one of our own passed on. I feel like posting some cool finds is exactly what he would have wanted us to do.
Sorry for this but it seems as though he just overlooked it or didn't catch it, either way, Spoo only decided to rip half the band aid off. I guess I'll take the other. Ferragamo is 10000% Anderson when she had like 2000 CCs or some shit. The color of the tag is pretty close for vintage. Thats all they got right.post #37754 of 548446/1/16 at 8:05pmQuote:
First thrift store I ever walked in. My first thrift store find from that very thrift on that very day. Isaia Napoli Aquacashmere. June 2014.post #37755 of 548446/1/16 at 8:17pm
One of my favorite exchanges with Brian involved his less-than-serious request for @eazye to make him some "assless chaps."
I couldn't resist when I found a pair of these things at a local thrift for $5. Brian had recently bought a tie from me so I still had his address. And then....
This served as a great icebreaker to a friendship. He would ask advice on shipping supplies and packaging. I would pick his formidable brain for advice on photography issues.
He was too damn young. What a fucking waste of a promising future.
- USPS tried to deliver a package and then brought it back to the...
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 32 seconds ago
- › Yuketen Footwear 3 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 5 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 5 minutes ago
- › The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget – Carmina, John Lobb, Enzo Bonafè, Carlos Santos,... 7 minutes ago
- › Brooks Brothers Replacement? 11 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 14 minutes ago
- › Is this a real kiton men suit 21 minutes ago
- › Danner Stumptown Collection 22 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...