Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Our Gigantic Summer Sale Thread! Contribute Now Last post on 7/27/15 at 3:29pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Official Sales Alert thread Last post on Today at 9:04 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- StyleForum eBay Round Up - Week of April 12 Last post on 4/12/15 at 8:40am in Streetwear and Denim
- StyleForum eBay Round Up - Week of October 5 Last post on 10/5/14 at 10:27am in Classic Menswear
- StyleForum eBay Round Up - Week of September 28 Last post on 10/1/14 at 10:36am in Classic Menswear
Buyer provided wrong/incomplete shipping information and the...
Last edited: 3/24/16
- USPS tried to deliver a package and then brought it back to the...Last edited: 3/24/16
- How should I handle buyers that don't pay immediately?Last edited: 3/24/16
- Do Not As Described items result in defect for the seller?Last edited: 3/24/16
- How does PayPal "pay after you receive the item" feature...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II (Return to the Thunderdome) - Page 2507post #37592 of 579905/30/16 at 8:39pmpost #37593 of 579905/30/16 at 8:46pmpost #37594 of 579905/30/16 at 8:53pmpost #37595 of 579905/30/16 at 9:02pmpost #37596 of 579905/30/16 at 9:02pmpost #37597 of 579905/30/16 at 10:42pmpost #37598 of 579905/30/16 at 11:15pmpost #37599 of 579905/30/16 at 11:15pmTwo posts in *almost* a row, but I don't care. Got this a couple days ago for $5. It was plugged into the testing area, so I assumed someone had tested and found it to be inoperable. It didn't seem to respond to pushing of buttons, but for an Abe Lincoln, I wasn't passing on B&O. Brought it home and forgot about it for a couple days.
Plugged it in, nothing. Played around with the only buttons and switch I could find, nothing. Downloaded the only manual I could find, doesn't indicate how to turn it on. Seriously, what kind of manual doesn't include THAT info?
Bummed out, I decide I'll just go grab my adapter (it's made for the 30 pin Apple products, not lightning) and plug in my phone to see if that does anything. The moment I plug in my phone, center button lights up and my phone vibrates showing its receiving a charge. Play a song, works beautifully. So ends my novel on getting my working Bang & Olufsen Beosound 8 speaker system for $5.
Definitely NA.post #37600 of 579905/31/16 at 12:06amQuote:
Nice find! Definitely a thing! I'm jelly.
It looks like this one has a couple of repaired holes too. How is yours condition-wise? Could fetch even more!post #37601 of 579905/31/16 at 12:23am@Dirt
Amazing what you and others on here can find so quickly. I was pretty sure it was a thing but was coming up dry on my keywords. You'd think mentioning skis would pull something up, haha.
As far as I can tell it is in excellent shape without any holes or damage. All buttons present. Just wrinkled. Will give it another go over when I don't have a sleeping 2 year old on the couch in the same room.
I really didn't want to hit the one store near me today as I know sales bring out the craziness. Glad I did now. All I picked up was this shirt, black label RL and Pendleton Wimminz blazers, two pair of Ferragamo women's heels, and a color block nautica shirt.
Thanks for the amazing sleuthing ability and/or just vast knowledge. I bow to you!post #37602 of 579905/31/16 at 12:28ampost #37603 of 579905/31/16 at 2:56amThread Starterpost #37604 of 579905/31/16 at 4:25ampost #37605 of 579905/31/16 at 7:49am
- USPS tried to deliver a package and then brought it back to the...
- › The (Un)Official Thrift Buy /Sell / Trade / Want Thread 12 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 14 minutes ago
- › NWT - $6295 Brioni - 40 R / 50 EU -- 97% Cashmere 3% Silk, deep... 14 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget – Carmina, John Lobb, Enzo Bonafè, Carlos Santos,... 15 minutes ago
- › The Look goes on... 17 minutes ago
- › Carmina Shoes - Definitive Thread (reviews, advice, sizing, etc...) 20 minutes ago
- › Best fitting "casual" oxford shirts? i.e., able to be worn... 21 minutes ago
- › Crockett & Jones MTO Central 28 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 45 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 50 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...