Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Our Gigantic Summer Sale Thread! Contribute Now Last post on 7/27/15 at 3:29pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Official Sales Alert thread Last post on Today at 11:06 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- StyleForum eBay Round Up - Week of April 12 Last post on 4/12/15 at 8:40am in Streetwear and Denim
- StyleForum eBay Round Up - Week of October 5 Last post on 10/5/14 at 10:27am in Classic Menswear
- StyleForum eBay Round Up - Week of September 28 Last post on 10/1/14 at 10:36am in Classic Menswear
Buyer provided wrong/incomplete shipping information and the...
Last edited: 3/24/16
- USPS tried to deliver a package and then brought it back to the...Last edited: 3/24/16
- How should I handle buyers that don't pay immediately?Last edited: 3/24/16
- Do Not As Described items result in defect for the seller?Last edited: 3/24/16
- How does PayPal "pay after you receive the item" feature...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II (Return to the Thunderdome) - Page 2503post #37531 of 550395/30/16 at 7:23ampost #37532 of 550395/30/16 at 7:40am
Kind of ticked (with myself).
Thrifted a nice Canali linen short-sleeve shirt, that fits me well, earlier this weekend. I ended up wearing it on the weekend, and somehow, got a tiny hole in it on my left torso. At least it's in a spot where one may not notice it, but I know it's there, and it's bugging me.
The material is light yellow, and a fine linen weave. When I have time this week, I'm going to try and figure out if I can get it repaired.post #37533 of 550395/30/16 at 7:45ampost #37534 of 550395/30/16 at 8:12ampost #37535 of 550395/30/16 at 8:18am^^^^Very nice! I was in Bloomingdale's on Saturday fondling the Edios stuff. First time handling it, and I've got to say, I was impressed. You will not be disappointed. On a related note, I don't think I can ever pay retail for anything ever again, high end at least. I cringed dropping $10 on some tee shirts from H&M.post #37536 of 550395/30/16 at 8:23amQuote:
+1 on thrifted clothing being disposable
+10 on the excellent Boyz in the Hood referencepost #37537 of 550395/30/16 at 9:13amWent to the rack had they had allot of stuff like eidos,zegna,canali 1934 and moncler but even with the 25% there was nothing worth touching at the prices they were asking. So I hit the thrift store on my way home and grabbed a pair of park avenues and a filson mackinaw both new with the tags for $40 now that's a clearance sale.post #37538 of 550395/30/16 at 9:37amQuote:Yea thrifting has 100% fucked up the way I shop for myselfOriginally Posted by eazye
^^^^Very nice! I was in Bloomingdale's on Saturday fondling the Edios stuff. First time handling it, and I've got to say, I was impressed. You will not be disappointed. On a related note, I don't think I can ever pay retail for anything ever again, high end at least. I cringed dropping $10 on some tee shirts from H&M.post #37539 of 550395/30/16 at 9:47ampost #37540 of 550395/30/16 at 9:49amThread Starterpost #37541 of 550395/30/16 at 9:55ampost #37542 of 550395/30/16 at 9:55ampost #37543 of 550395/30/16 at 10:21amQuote:Originally Posted by Mr G from SD
I didn't leave the house until 4pm today and thought there was no point in stopping at any thrifts. I stopped at one anyways. The parking lot was full, the place was a mad house, as it always is on the weekends. Everything seemed terribly picked over, but I found these two.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I don't know shit about Julius, so I'm hoping you guys don't kill my vibe and tell me it's fake or some crap. Seems nice enough. The other tag says made in Japan, etc.
Gangster-as-can-be ivory cashmere Brioni jacket w/ leather piping and silk lining. It has a couple small moth holes down low on a sleeve. Really, if it has to have damage, that's a good spot. The front and back are perfect, so I'll take that!
Both NA right now, sorry.
Got damn!Quote:Originally Posted by Dirt
Got home from Chicago earlier this evening. Had a great time with the lady, ate amazing food, saw incredible art and didn't find a damn thing at the one GW stop I made but that's alright. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)Beautiful city.
What WASN'T alright was the airline losing my bag. Bag was nowhere to be found when I arrived back in Reno today. I know that I haven't been at it for long at all but that bag contained many items I have thrifted for myself in attempting to build a respectable CM wardrobe and, although humble by many standards, I'm damn proud of them and was fucking gutted at the thought of them being either lost in the bowels of Chicago Midway airport or in the hands of some oblivious traveler who grabbed my bag by mistake. My Brooks Brothers Black Fleece SC that fits me like it was made for me..my suede Sutor Mantellassi chukkas that I have yet to even wear..my Iron Hearts..my Zegna sweater gifted by @mistermidwester
that I absolutely love..my Ricci and Hackett ties..my crocodile belt!
So I collected myself and did the only thing I could think of to make myself feel better...hit the nearest thrift.
2x pop for me (nothing special but I've been wanting to find a Hermes tie since day one and the Tyrwhitt is an added bonus)
Just got a phone call about a half hour ago and they found my bag and are delivering it to my door tonight!
Good to be home. Hope you all have a great holiday!
Glad you're getting your bag back! That GW has some of the best finds in the city, but it's also got at times 12 people or more attacking new racks when they roll out. But, if you get in there and fight its worth it.post #37544 of 550395/30/16 at 10:39am
Makeshift studio putting a nail on a white wall. Some of these turned out better than my mannequin pictures probably would have. This was a #onestop at rag-o-rama. Forgot to take a picture of a W&H waffle knit henley but oh well.
This isn't just a thread first, it appears to be a Styleforum first. It is absolutely baller.
It's a bird, reading a book.
Abe would have rocked the shit out of these.post #37545 of 550395/30/16 at 10:42amQuote:
What they are is fucking horrible.
I'd buy 'em to flip, but no chance they would go anywhere near my feet. And you can't tell if they are fake or not by the quality either, really.
No pictures, but a few items this weekend. Favourite was an Olney Panama hat (receding hairline and fair skin, I need hats in any kind of sunny weather) and a Zegna tie for 50p was probably the biggest bargain.
- USPS tried to deliver a package and then brought it back to the...
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 8 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 10 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 10 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 12 minutes ago
- › What did you eat last night for dinner? 13 minutes ago
- › WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style 15 minutes ago
- › Alden indy cigar, captoe cigar shell cordovan 18 minutes ago
- › alden indy cigar, captoe cigar shell cordovan 18 minutes ago
- › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll... 21 minutes ago
- › Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts? 24 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...