Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Our Gigantic Summer Sale Thread! Contribute Now Last post on 7/27/15 at 3:29pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Official Sales Alert thread Last post on Today at 6:26 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- StyleForum eBay Round Up - Week of April 12 Last post on 4/12/15 at 8:40am in Streetwear and Denim
- StyleForum eBay Round Up - Week of October 5 Last post on 10/5/14 at 10:27am in Classic Menswear
- StyleForum eBay Round Up - Week of September 28 Last post on 10/1/14 at 10:36am in Classic Menswear
Buyer provided wrong/incomplete shipping information and the...
Last edited: 3/24/16
- USPS tried to deliver a package and then brought it back to the...Last edited: 3/24/16
- How should I handle buyers that don't pay immediately?Last edited: 3/24/16
- Do Not As Described items result in defect for the seller?Last edited: 3/24/16
- How does PayPal "pay after you receive the item" feature...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II (Return to the Thunderdome) - Page 2502post #37516 of 510585/29/16 at 4:09pmThread Starterpost #37517 of 510585/29/16 at 4:24pmYou know what I love about thrifting and reselling? Turning a few skeets into a pair of Epaulet tennis trainers. This thread has also helped me to be a more savvy e-shopper since I know market values much more. I've been reluctant to spend my income on clothes so far (and still feel kind of guilty spending $200 on sneakers), but that's a big reason I started doing this... to get the clothes I actually want. I'm not anywhere near a luxury car yet, but it's nice to finally be at a point where I like everything in my closet.
Looking forward to posting some more thrift/thrift-funded fits in the future.post #37518 of 510585/29/16 at 4:54pmpost #37519 of 510585/29/16 at 5:09pmQuote:Originally Posted by Tyrone MacStiophain
Well friends, as of about a month ago, I have left the world of wage labor and become a full-time thrifter/reseller. Since I'll be thrifting and social media-ing a lot more, I'll probably post here a lot more. Starting with most of my finds from the past couple of days, all pretty much n/a.
Nice! Congrats!post #37520 of 510585/29/16 at 6:02pmpost #37521 of 510585/29/16 at 6:04pmpost #37522 of 510585/29/16 at 6:06pmpost #37523 of 510585/29/16 at 6:13pmThread Starterpost #37524 of 510585/29/16 at 6:36pmpost #37525 of 510585/29/16 at 7:46pmpost #37526 of 510585/29/16 at 8:03pm
I didn't leave the house until 4pm today and thought there was no point in stopping at any thrifts. I stopped at one anyways. The parking lot was full, the place was a mad house, as it always is on the weekends. Everything seemed terribly picked over, but I found these two.
I don't know shit about Julius, so I'm hoping you guys don't kill my vibe and tell me it's fake or some crap. Seems nice enough. The other tag says made in Japan, etc.
Gangster-as-can-be ivory cashmere Brioni jacket w/ leather piping and silk lining. It has a couple small moth holes down low on a sleeve. Really, if it has to have damage, that's a good spot. The front and back are perfect, so I'll take that!
Both NA right now, sorry.
Grand total:post #37527 of 510585/29/16 at 10:50pmpost #37528 of 510585/30/16 at 12:02ampost #37529 of 510585/30/16 at 12:23am
Got home from Chicago earlier this evening. Had a great time with the lady, ate amazing food, saw incredible art and didn't find a damn thing at the one GW stop I made but that's alright. Beautiful city.
What WASN'T alright was the airline losing my bag. Bag was nowhere to be found when I arrived back in Reno today. I know that I haven't been at it for long at all but that bag contained many items I have thrifted for myself in attempting to build a respectable CM wardrobe and, although humble by many standards, I'm damn proud of them and was fucking gutted at the thought of them being either lost in the bowels of Chicago Midway airport or in the hands of some oblivious traveler who grabbed my bag by mistake. My Brooks Brothers Black Fleece SC that fits me like it was made for me..my suede Sutor Mantellassi chukkas that I have yet to even wear..my Iron Hearts..my Zegna sweater gifted by @mistermidwester that I absolutely love..my Ricci and Hackett ties..my crocodile belt!
So I collected myself and did the only thing I could think of to make myself feel better...hit the nearest thrift.
2x pop for me (nothing special but I've been wanting to find a Hermes tie since day one and the Tyrwhitt is an added bonus)
Just got a phone call about a half hour ago and they found my bag and are delivering it to my door tonight!
Good to be home. Hope you all have a great holiday!post #37530 of 510585/30/16 at 4:17amThread Starter
- USPS tried to deliver a package and then brought it back to the...
- › Why Hillary will be the next POTUS 29 seconds ago
- › House of Kydos - Official Affiliate Thread 38 seconds ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's,... 1 minute ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 4 minutes ago
- › shoe construction...behind the veil 11 minutes ago
- › Exquisite Trimmings - Based in London, UK - Official Affiliate Thread 16 minutes ago
- › Stephan Schneider. You'll Always Find Me In The Kitchen At Parties. 27 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 34 minutes ago
- › 2016 50 Book Challenge 38 minutes ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 42 minutes ago
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Fashion Forward brands that will be big in
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway