Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Our Gigantic Summer Sale Thread! Contribute Now Last post on 7/27/15 at 3:29pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Official Sales Alert thread Last post on Today at 10:54 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- StyleForum eBay Round Up - Week of April 12 Last post on 4/12/15 at 8:40am in Streetwear and Denim
- StyleForum eBay Round Up - Week of October 5 Last post on 10/5/14 at 10:27am in Classic Menswear
- StyleForum eBay Round Up - Week of September 28 Last post on 10/1/14 at 10:36am in Classic Menswear
Buyer provided wrong/incomplete shipping information and the...
Last edited: 3/24/16
- USPS tried to deliver a package and then brought it back to the...Last edited: 3/24/16
- How should I handle buyers that don't pay immediately?Last edited: 3/24/16
- Do Not As Described items result in defect for the seller?Last edited: 3/24/16
- How does PayPal "pay after you receive the item" feature...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II (Return to the Thunderdome) - Page 2482post #37217 of 514455/24/16 at 11:52pmSo the difference between thrifting in the UK and the US. Mrs NickD had a couple of hours to kill while I was doing some training at work yesterday, bearing in mind we work in a fairly large city, and for her 2 hours thrifting she found...
...one Chester Barrie shirt.
The best of the rest was worn out PRL, but mainly orphan suit jackets from supermarkets at £15 and that kind of thing. It's depressing.post #37218 of 514455/24/16 at 11:56pmpost #37219 of 514455/25/16 at 1:04amQuote:We'll be making a trip to the US at some point for a holiday, and you'd better believe we're coming over with half empty suitcases!Originally Posted by Rewfio
Cross the pond brother, at least for a vacation and thrift to your hearts content! (Sorry in advanced if your stuck in one of your fellow thrifters wake :/ )post #37220 of 514455/25/16 at 2:24ampost #37221 of 514455/25/16 at 6:49amQuote:Originally Posted by ChetB
Does this happen to anyone else when thrifting?
1. Take your jacket that you own off to try on thrift store jacket (not in changing room)
2. Take thrift store jacket off and put back on rack
3. Put your jacket that you own back on
4. Think to self, "Hmm I hope no one thinks I'm stealing this jacket. What if they only saw me putting it on and then walking out of the store? It's my jacket I swear!"
5. Feel a little guilty/hope no one tackles you as you walk out of the shop wearing the jacket that you own
6. Think to self as you open car door, "I got away with it."
7. Drive to freedom/next shop. Repeat.
No, but I have taken my jacket off to try on a new one, only to have another shopper come by and grab my jacket, thinking it's for sale.Quote:
Maybe they haven't hit the floor yet?post #37222 of 514455/25/16 at 6:55am
John Smedley sea island cotton
mmm pop, and Navy wool trou are a trad staple.
Pierre Balmain needs a handle attachment, if you have one don't be shy, otherwise I guess a trip to the Balmain store is in order
NO LO-WERCASE ON THIS MY FRIEND
Yalos casa murano, made in Venice and thrifted in a different Venice, cool reddish glow in sunlight, white fading to blue in lower light
Guessing the original owner of this shirt was awesome
Ravazzolo, not great for resale I guess but great colorway w swd vibe and I couldn't leave it, ~40R/L
Next to a BB 46
Belts - coach linen, rl 30, english bridle for that patina, only the rl doesn't fit
ties: d&g, mallory&church, bergdorf charles hill, cash/silk, v2, carroll&co x2, bb x 2
shades x2, old nikon, b&l ray ban usa balorama, na for nowpost #37223 of 514455/25/16 at 7:33ampost #37224 of 514455/25/16 at 11:01ampost #37225 of 514455/25/16 at 12:25pmpost #37226 of 514455/25/16 at 12:48pmpost #37227 of 514455/25/16 at 1:07pmpost #37228 of 514455/25/16 at 1:11pmpost #37229 of 514455/25/16 at 1:17pmpost #37230 of 514455/25/16 at 1:22pm
- USPS tried to deliver a package and then brought it back to the...
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread... 2 minutes ago
- › OFFICIAL President Trump Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Fox Brothers West of England Gunclub Check 2.5 metres 9 minutes ago
- › Meermin Mallorca Shoes 12 minutes ago
- › Eidos Napoli Tenero Sportcoat US38 26 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 39 minutes ago
- › Shoe Damage Report & Shoe P0rn Central - Part II 44 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 57 minutes ago
- › What to wear with this shirt? 1 hour, 2 minutes ago
- › The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread 1 hour, 4 minutes ago
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...