or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II (Return to the Thunderdome)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II (Return to the Thunderdome) - Page 2438

post #36556 of 51165
Quote:
Originally Posted by jumpman1231 View Post

May have missed it at some point along the way but spoo what was the day job?

 

 

Codename Double-0-Dauchshund 

post #36557 of 51165

Does Charvet make ties for Ben Silver?  Found this 6-fold, made in France tie with what looks like a Charvet label:

 

 

 

post #36558 of 51165
Quote:
Originally Posted by jumpman1231 View Post

May have missed it at some point along the way but spoo what was the day job?

post #36559 of 51165
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nataku View Post

@SpooPoker, Congrats on the big change! Livin' the dream!
Hit me up if you do and I'll show ya around. Wouldn't plan on finding much, though. Minnetonka area has been plain awful. They hired people to pick the good stuff for their e-commerce website. Hardly anything ever makes it to the floor these days. It sucks....

Well you might see some purple garments with a lot of lace and assless pants hitting the floor soon.
Before anybody gives me any shit im a huge Prince fan so save it.
Speaking of have you ever had any close encounters with the lil guy or has anybody else from Minnesota?
post #36560 of 51165
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbadgley84 View Post

Recently changed jobs, when from corporate restaurant management to sous chef at a private country club, in desperate need of knives so if anyone for some reason comes across some good Japanese steel hit me up for some trades or proxy or both. Gracias
Congrats dude! I actually just picked up two Wustof classic knifes in 9" and 8" for $4 a piece. I was surprised to see them on Amazon for $180 and $108 respectively. I'm holding onto these for myself, but I'll keep a look out for ya for anymore!

Totally unrelated long shot question. Does anybody know who makes Burberry Londons Italian made outerwear? I picked up a redic overcoat yesterday with nn makers tags, just two small "made in Italy" tags. Thanks in advance gents, and have a great weekend!
post #36561 of 51165
Quote:
Originally Posted by eazye View Post

Congrats dude! I actually just picked up two Wustof classic knifes in 9" and 8" for $4 a piece. I was surprised to see them on Amazon for $180 and $108 respectively. I'm holding onto these for myself, but I'll keep a look out for ya for anymore!

Totally unrelated long shot question. Does anybody know who makes Burberry Londons Italian made outerwear? I picked up a redic overcoat yesterday with nn makers tags, just two small "made in Italy" tags. Thanks in advance gents, and have a great weekend!
Yea Wustof makes decent knives, I have a 6"one
post #36562 of 51165
A few highlights from the last little bit including a stop in Texas.













post #36563 of 51165

I will give my remaining kidney for a Kiton sport coat or suit in 40R.

post #36564 of 51165
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purplelabel View Post

I will give my remaining kidney for a Kiton sport coat or suit in 40R.

Did you already give the other one for some RL hot fire?
post #36565 of 51165
Processed By eBay with ImageMagick, z1.1.0. ||B2

40R Pure Cashmere Kiton

where's the kidney at? gonna flip it!
post #36566 of 51165
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirt View Post


Did you already give the other one for some RL hot fire?

 

Childhood operation. I have a gnarly scar on my side from it. :slayer:

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dahl5yankees View Post

Processed By eBay with ImageMagick, z1.1.0. ||B2

40R Pure Cashmere Kiton

where's the kidney at? gonna flip it!

 

You sumbitch ;)

post #36567 of 51165

@GetBlatzed make sure you use Saxxon as a keyword on that BB SC, that is an amazing fabric and people will pay up for it.

post #36568 of 51165
Thread Starter 
First day on the job, trying to impress the boss.

Dachshund included to show scale, it's huge. Maybe 2 feet tall and 3 feet wide. I think to hold a military hat?
Painted copper or metal, probably 1930s.

icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif






post #36569 of 51165
Had a really great morning. Dior is a silk bomber jacket and also a pop! 😵
post #36570 of 51165

Another estate sale...

 

These shooting jackets do OK at resale.

  

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Finally some decent vinyl.  They wanted $4 per record but I found the sweet little old lady running the sale, put on my best smile, grabbed her by the trachea and yelled right in her face "Do I look like I pay full price?!", so they gave me a quantity discount.

 


 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 They had a shit-ton more decent records, vinyl mostly in EX+ or better condition, and I probably could have schlepped them across town to the only record shop in my little hamlet and tripled my $, but I wasn't in the mood.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II (Return to the Thunderdome)