Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Our Gigantic Summer Sale Thread! Contribute Now Last post on 7/27/15 at 3:29pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Official Sales Alert thread Last post on Today at 1:04 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- StyleForum eBay Round Up - Week of April 12 Last post on 4/12/15 at 8:40am in Streetwear and Denim
- StyleForum eBay Round Up - Week of October 5 Last post on 10/5/14 at 10:27am in Classic Menswear
- StyleForum eBay Round Up - Week of September 28 Last post on 10/1/14 at 10:36am in Classic Menswear
Buyer provided wrong/incomplete shipping information and the...
Last edited: 3/24/16
- USPS tried to deliver a package and then brought it back to the...Last edited: 3/24/16
- How should I handle buyers that don't pay immediately?Last edited: 3/24/16
- Do Not As Described items result in defect for the seller?Last edited: 3/24/16
- How does PayPal "pay after you receive the item" feature...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II (Return to the Thunderdome) - Page 2397post #35941 of 475885/5/16 at 5:03pmpost #35942 of 475885/5/16 at 5:04pmThis morning on my way to work swung back through the store and picked up these interesting Fluevog (sandals?), Canali suit, and north face sleeping bag.
And for what it's worth, I've only really expressed interest in something someone posted on here once before. When they responded I was honest and said I wasn't sure what the normal trade/buy deals were like here but to let me know and we could go from there. Never got a response, but saw the item listed and sold on eBay... For less than I probably would've paid if they'd just responded. I didn't take it personally, as it is just clothing. And I'm still relatively unknown on here, so I understand that I'm low on the pecking order of the forum.post #35943 of 475885/5/16 at 5:15pmpost #35944 of 475885/5/16 at 6:26pmWow! Guys on here are simply killing it! At least I can live vicariously through you guys. Thrifting seems have up and died here...Quote:
Good call. Right colors/pattern though.post #35945 of 475885/5/16 at 6:28pmpost #35946 of 475885/5/16 at 7:09pmThread Starterpost #35947 of 475885/5/16 at 7:27pm
thread en fueco. @snackbandit that was insane and if you decide to make that belstaff available for trading, HMU
i second @impuntura when it comes to dealing in cash on here...and i say that as someone who is typically looking for a really good deal (read: cheap). i wasn't one of those in on his madras SC but i also would have been looking to get it for cheaper. i used to give much better cash deals as well but now with funding that car i haven't really been able to. but i like to think that karma will help everyone in the end. not that there's anything wrong with frenchy's pricing, it's more than fair. but if someone gives me an insane cash deal, i should do the same kindness to someone else.
that's probably why i always look for trades instead of cash and i never even bother talking to non-US flippers because i know shipping will ruin the deal unless it's a grail. trades are the best way to go on here.post #35948 of 475885/5/16 at 7:50pmQuote:
Crazy, but doesn't surprise me. I find some amazing items at Buffalo on a regular basis, but yeah that Cuci is insane.
30% cash, 50% trade. 35% is at places like Crossroads Trading and Redlight Vintage.
So whoever sold that got $9 in cash, or $15 trade haha.post #35949 of 475885/5/16 at 8:00pmWhen I first joined the forum, I wasn't sure if there was an unspoken etiquette to selling to fellow forum members or not (read: give smoking deals to) and when people hit me up on things, I was apprehensive to name the price I thought I could actually get for it elsewhere. I felt like a killer deal was expected simply because it was posted in the thrift thread, so everyone knows by default that you got it for cheap. I got over that pretty quick though haha
I've traded, bought and sold on here (only one of each) and found everyone super cool, even if they declined to pay my asking price or I didn't want to sell for what they offered. As was pointed out earlier though, that is my limited experience on here and I'm sure there are plenty of time wasting tire kickers around that I just haven't run into yet.post #35950 of 475885/5/16 at 8:02pmpost #35951 of 475885/5/16 at 8:02pmQuote:Originally Posted by cpmac7
Heres the only comparable I could find:
Thank you! That is the same exact one.post #35952 of 475885/5/16 at 8:04pmQuote:Originally Posted by impuntura
Thats what you would think but I KNOW different.
Lemme give you an example.that crazy yellow Polo madras I found.
I had three people email me about it.
Sold completed prices range from 60 to 250.
I asked 120 shipped.jacket cost me 25 and its gonna cost me 25 to ship it.is it unreasonable to make $70 on a nice sport coat?
Never heard back.happens at least twice a week.
They were probably in the 60 to 80 range.no thanks.
I got bills to pay besides Maseratis aren't cheap.
You should get some medium flat rate boxes and you can knock $10 off shipping.post #35953 of 475885/5/16 at 8:06pmQuote:Originally Posted by Dirt
When I first joined the forum, I wasn't sure if there was an unspoken etiquette to selling to fellow forum members or not (read: give smoking deals to) and when people hit me up on things, I was apprehensive to name the price I thought I could actually get for it elsewhere. I felt like a killer deal was expected simply because it was posted in the thrift thread, so everyone knows by default that you got it for cheap. I got over that pretty quick though haha
I've traded, bought and sold on here (only one of each) and found everyone super cool, even if they declined to pay my asking price or I didn't want to sell for what they offered. As was pointed out earlier though, that is my limited experience on here and I'm sure there are plenty of time wasting tire kickers around that I just haven't run into yet.
Yeah thats fine,but what usually happens is just silence lol.
These Pradas are a perfect example.I asked someone to pick em up for me and he received something in return he wasnt expecting for free plus the cost of the shoes for his troubles.post #35954 of 475885/5/16 at 8:07pmpost #35955 of 475885/5/16 at 8:14pm
- USPS tried to deliver a package and then brought it back to the...
- › Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Chelsea Boot Advice 16 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 24 minutes ago
- › Dress boots dilema 26 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 27 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 33 minutes ago
- › A Fine Pair Of Shoes: Official Affiliate thread 38 minutes ago
- › Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here 46 minutes ago
- › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll... 49 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...