or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II (Return to the Thunderdome)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II (Return to the Thunderdome) - Page 2377

post #35641 of 51323
Thriftening in Dallas today. Working on pics.
Teaser
post #35642 of 51323
I will look at my brioni book. I think that interior tag came around when the penne factory school started.
post #35643 of 51323
Quote:
Originally Posted by the2ndhandman View Post

I will look at my brioni book. I think that interior tag came around when the penne factory school started.

52898258.jpg
post #35644 of 51323
Great day in big D.
Start with some shirts for me. Zegna x4, Canali.

Pants. First is Zanella x2, Inco x3, Boglioli.

First time I have seen Boglioli pants. No tags but buttons!!! This is Available.

Next RL made in Italy x2 (both cashmere wool blends), Zegna, Oxxford, Scurria (don't know anything about this brand but pants seem quality. (Oxxford and Scurria available.)

Only 3 ties today but they are very nice.


No sport jackets or shoes but the suits.
Oxxford blue pinstripe.

Oxxford brown pinstripe.

And the big boys
Kiton 14 micron.

This is available for possible trade. One issue, small hole on belt area.

Measurements.

And last but certainly not least. 100% cashmere, brown Herringbone.

This is n/a for now. I am waiting for a response from a fellow forum member who I believe has similar measurements. Of he is not interested then this will also be available for trade.
Awesome fun day!#!
post #35645 of 51323
Congrats on the day woofa that's awesome!! Always nice to see thriftenings happen outside of the usual 3 major cities also!
post #35646 of 51323
I'm sure some of you find these on the weekly, but I've been looking for one of these for as long as I've been thrifting. My size, but I also could use some cash so if anyone is in love, let me know. Sz 42.
20160430_162521_zpsk0s1wa7s.jpg
]20160430_162534_zpsde6cmchg.jpg
post #35647 of 51323

BB, NWT, 

 

old-ass RT, NWT

 

Old Isaia 

 

This leather suede BB is actually pretty nice. For big boys (XL)

 

 

 

<3

<3

<3

 

 

Does anyone know what this is?

Is this super old or the worst fake ever?

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

Edited by timhortons - 4/30/16 at 9:35pm
post #35648 of 51323
@timhortons

That Isaia....

drool.gif
post #35649 of 51323
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpk1 View Post

@timhortons

That Isaia....

drool.gif

 

YAH. I-KNO-RITE? DAT ISAIA. I BEEN LYKE :drool: WEN I SEEN IT.

 

Quite something, isn't it? 

post #35650 of 51323
Been so dead here lately, but today I hit a tucked away garage sale and bought half the wardrobe of a guy who had a bunch of hand-tailored suits. They aren't designer names (unless Jules de Bergerac counts), but he was a super interesting fellow who did vintage gun shooting demonstrations and these suits (and SCs) are some of the most strange and delightful I've ever found.

Pics soonish (if anyone is interested).
post #35651 of 51323
Ferragamo is real it think, just real old.
post #35652 of 51323

I think the Tom Ford well has finally run dry now...total 9 jackets - as @impuntura reminds about $50K with tax of swag...less than 5% retail - all very recent and mint...here are 3 that found their way to me today :) 

 

 


Edited by Sharpiehs - 4/30/16 at 9:15pm
post #35653 of 51323
Dayum, thread on fire...
post #35654 of 51323

Passed by an estate sale on the way to USPS this morning, popped in, only grabbed some carnival glass and old souvenir pennants...nothing worth posting.

 

But finally finished my garage sale purchase project:

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

Bang & Olufsen turntable not worth repairing, so I made it into a clock.  

 

 

 

 

 

This was a much bigger PITA than it would seem, and is only about 75% of what I wanted (wanted bigger clock hands, and wanted an aluminum 45 RPM adapter in the middle but the hole was too small to fit the clock spindle thru it).

Turntable was $20, clock kit was like $10, plus red paint for the hands, various bolts, nuts, spacers, washers, adhesives, several trips to Lowe's, lots of time spent ripping the guts out, etc.  Clock spindle was too short so had to bend the hands.  Need to attach some brackets so it can be hung on a wall, and thinking about cutting a hole in the back for easy access to the clock battery, but it's only 2 bolts holding the back on so maybe not. 

post #35655 of 51323
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharpiehs View Post

I think the Tom Ford well has finally run dry now...total 9 jackets - as @impuntura
 reminds about $50K with tax of swag...less than 5% retail - all very recent and mint...here are 3 that found their way to me today smile.gif 






Holy shit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNeedMachine View Post

Passed by an estate sale on the way to USPS this morning, popped in, only grabbed some carnival glass and old souvenir pennants...nothing worth posting.

But finally finished my garage sale purchase project:
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Bang & Olufsen turntable not worth repairing, so I made it into a clock.  











This was a much bigger PITA than it would seem, and is only about 75% of what I wanted (wanted bigger clock hands, and wanted an aluminum 45 RPM adapter in the middle but the hole was too small to fit the clock spindle thru it).
Turntable was $20, clock kit was like $10, plus red paint for the hands, various bolts, nuts, spacers, washers, adhesives, several trips to Lowe's, lots of time spent ripping the guts out, etc.  Clock spindle was too short so had to bend the hands.  Need to attach some brackets so it can be hung on a wall, and thinking about cutting a hole in the back for easy access to the clock battery, but it's only 2 bolts holding the back on so maybe not. 

Holy shit!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II (Return to the Thunderdome)