Naw if you look at the fabric closlely you can see it just a piece of silk fabric ontop of another, that has been woven, its a piece of fabric constructed of layeres of silk with a diamond weave.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Our Gigantic Summer Sale Thread! Contribute Now Last post on 7/27/15 at 3:29pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Official Sales Alert thread Last post on Today at 2:52 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- StyleForum eBay Round Up - Week of April 12 Last post on 4/12/15 at 8:40am in Streetwear and Denim
- StyleForum eBay Round Up - Week of October 5 Last post on 10/5/14 at 10:27am in Classic Menswear
- StyleForum eBay Round Up - Week of September 28 Last post on 10/1/14 at 10:36am in Classic Menswear
Buyer provided wrong/incomplete shipping information and the...
Last edited: 3/24/16
- USPS tried to deliver a package and then brought it back to the...Last edited: 3/24/16
- How should I handle buyers that don't pay immediately?Last edited: 3/24/16
- Do Not As Described items result in defect for the seller?Last edited: 3/24/16
- How does PayPal "pay after you receive the item" feature...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II (Return to the Thunderdome) - Page 2367post #35491 of 509944/29/16 at 10:16ampost #35492 of 509944/29/16 at 10:18ampost #35493 of 509944/29/16 at 10:19ampost #35494 of 509944/29/16 at 10:22am
Answered yourself. An Italian Diamond woven silk Brooks Brothers tie. "Brooks Brothers Italian Silk Tie Woven for those who cant tell what GRENDADINE is, this is cheaper" Boom want royalties on that titlepost #35495 of 509944/29/16 at 10:27ampost #35496 of 509944/29/16 at 10:28am
Honestly because I truly do ejoy doing this, I will actually openly and without anything in return at all ever, would like to give you a very easy guide/way to tell if it is grandine or not. The tie like yours, if you look closely you can see that this isnt a piece of loomed silk, that it is a tie comprised of many differentwoven fibers in layers.
Gren Fina or Garza is the way the silk is woven, so it isnt goign to be on a tie in layers and such like that, but unlike a tie that is designed with a woven silk all over it, grenadine is a silk that is in fact loomed into a solid piece of silk that is all woven and connected together in a pourously knotted type manner, so they may be thinner or thciker, but theyyll alway sbe soid silkpost #35497 of 509944/29/16 at 10:30ampost #35498 of 509944/29/16 at 10:30ampost #35499 of 509944/29/16 at 10:31ampost #35500 of 509944/29/16 at 10:43am
Good I'm glad you ignored my post, definetly what Wes said, way better explanation and now so you wont have to ask the question again... that you will ask again next or so.
Good looks, I coincendentally have quite a bit of gren silk in large bag at my feet and it is quite ready for nice little photo sesh.
Well I mean.... I think it's all Gren...I know.... I'll just post a pic of each tie, everone,one buy one,indvidually, and ask, and don't worry, I promise, I will take no note of any efforts to help nor anything vaguely similar to an attempt to retain any informations provided, no point in doing that, I will just ask next week and just have the same done for me again. Thanks in advance guys.post #35501 of 509944/29/16 at 11:12ampost #35502 of 509944/29/16 at 11:14ampost #35503 of 509944/29/16 at 11:39amA one stop that paid off while the car was getting its MOT (yearly roadworthyness check for the non UK people). All true thrift prices too - the staff knew they were decent clothes, just didn't feel the need to take the piss on the prices.
My first bit of thrifted Savile Row - my size too.
Bespoke suit, 3 piece in black - same donor as the Gieves jacket. There were a couple of other items from him too, but one had a big hole in a prominent position on the trousers, and the other was obviously an orphan jacket. Neither were as good as these either. The trousers on this will need narrowing by my tailor, but otherwise it fits well.
Made in England Loakes. UK 9 so too big for me, but will pay for the other stuff and most of the alterations on the trousers.post #35504 of 509944/29/16 at 12:39pmpost #35505 of 509944/29/16 at 12:47pm
I love my LVC 22's with their extremely lightweight denim. I havent experienced any weird anything, and I have washed and worn them quite a bit. I also like my 21oz IH 634s, and wear them for car repair, carpentry, and general hard labor. My IW's which are 14.5oz cone are ok too, feel very similar to my Raleighs. All of these pale in comparison to my Amoskeag XX. That is some of the most fantastic denim I've ever felt. right about 12oz, styled after an early 1900's converted O'all, super slubby and roughly loomed. Perfect. I have a pair of Roys KS1002s waiting for me when I get home, so I will compare them as well. Or maybe I wont, it really doesnt matter at all, because who the fuck cares? Wear whatever you want and what makes you happy. Stop seeking approval from people on the internet.
- USPS tried to deliver a package and then brought it back to the...
- › OAMC - Over All Master Cloth - Discussion Thread 13 seconds ago
- › WTF over-zealous police? 44 seconds ago
- › Wolf vs Goat Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › Cars We Drive! 1 minute ago
- › Styleforum's "Just what Santa should have brought" Viberg GMTO... 4 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 6 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 7 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part two (Rolex, Patek Philippe, ... 10 minutes ago
- › Romantic Europe meets NYC: the ROBERT GELLER thread 10 minutes ago
- › Experiences with Yoox? Help please! 14 minutes ago
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Fashion Forward brands that will be big in
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway