I definitely would have asked for more pics and a description of the condition / any flaws etc...but was too lazy for the back-and-forth. Hope it's minty and that you score it!
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Our Gigantic Summer Sale Thread! Contribute Now Last post on 7/27/15 at 3:29pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Official Sales Alert thread Last post on Today at 3:19 am in Streetwear and Denim
- StyleForum eBay Round Up - Week of April 12 Last post on 4/12/15 at 8:40am in Streetwear and Denim
- StyleForum eBay Round Up - Week of October 5 Last post on 10/5/14 at 10:27am in Classic Menswear
- StyleForum eBay Round Up - Week of September 28 Last post on 10/1/14 at 10:36am in Classic Menswear
Buyer provided wrong/incomplete shipping information and the...
Last edited: 3/24/16
- USPS tried to deliver a package and then brought it back to the...Last edited: 3/24/16
- How should I handle buyers that don't pay immediately?Last edited: 3/24/16
- Do Not As Described items result in defect for the seller?Last edited: 3/24/16
- How does PayPal "pay after you receive the item" feature...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II (Return to the Thunderdome) - Page 2357post #35342 of 477124/27/16 at 5:18pmpost #35343 of 477124/27/16 at 5:20pmpost #35344 of 477124/27/16 at 5:21pmpost #35345 of 477124/27/16 at 5:26pmQuote:Originally Posted by Jompso
If you concluded this because of the fact that they have been altered then good call. If not read up on premium Japanese denim. These are limited production runs sold exclusively through Self edge, they are released only twice a year. They retail for 425 if you can get your hands on them, and thats the price I gladly paid for mine which are slightly different cuz I prefer unsanforizeed denim. If these were unaltered bidding would be goin for at least 200 easy..... I sold a pair of used black selvege SBG Iron hearts I spilled whiting tooth paste on that totallly bleached the black denim for just under 3 bills, retail being 4 flat.
Maybe you did this, but if you ever have anything "bleached" by toothpaste again, give it a very good, repeated rinsing. I thought I had destroyed a Marinella tie with toothpaste once. (Why? Because I'm a sloppy jackass who doesn't deserve nice things, that's why! ) When I wore it, I dabbed water on it, and it looked fine, but the next day it was worse. Bad enough that I couldn't believe it was toothpaste. But knowing it was ruined anyway, I wiped it with a wet cloth, and eventually it was good as new. Toothpaste just really looks like a bleach spot sometimes.post #35346 of 477124/27/16 at 6:09pmQuote:Originally Posted by Tyrone MacStiophain
Maybe you did this, but if you ever have anything "bleached" by toothpaste again, give it a very good, repeated rinsing. I thought I had destroyed a Marinella tie with toothpaste once. (Why? Because I'm a sloppy jackass who doesn't deserve nice things, that's why! ) When I wore it, I dabbed water on it, and it looked fine, but the next day it was worse. Bad enough that I couldn't believe it was toothpaste. But knowing it was ruined anyway, I wiped it with a wet cloth, and eventually it was good as new. Toothpaste just really looks like a bleach spot sometimes.
I do appreciate your advice, thank you, however I did do this, in fact I put them in my washing machine on a full load and put those fuckers through 7 straight rinse cycles back to back. Did nothing.post #35347 of 477124/27/16 at 6:12pmpost #35348 of 477124/27/16 at 6:18pmpost #35349 of 477124/27/16 at 6:19pmQuote:Quote:
80% down.its already hung waiting for fall...post #35350 of 477124/27/16 at 6:22pmThread Starterpost #35351 of 477124/27/16 at 6:25pmpost #35352 of 477124/27/16 at 6:31pmpost #35353 of 477124/27/16 at 6:35pmpost #35354 of 477124/27/16 at 6:39pm
I had Anthony (Playdice) send me the most concise Polo rundown he possibly could cuz I honestly hate the stuff and hate thrifting it. 99% of it is truly worth absolutely nothing except what a certain person, on a certain day, in a certain mood, may possibly be willing to pay for it. With that said here you all go.
The Very Concise Dummies Guide to Thrifting Polo (Dummies most certainly being used as a double entendre here)
True old Vintage stuff with big dates on them, USA made for sure.
Vintage stuff that has any big sports motifs like large prints of skiiers or whatever
True old (Talkin 92) outerwear that is logo'd the fuck out
The Bear shit obviously
P Wing shit obviously
And nothing with Ponys, no LO head wants any fucking ponys on their shit, you see ponys, it's worth nothing.
Also if you every see Polo Tennis, buy it no matter what it is (I had a polo of it once, I actually just gave it to him, the thing is so rare I've never ever seen another, resale woulda been at least 3 bills) this line was mid 90s, super rare.
Polo Golf only if its totally patched and logoed the fuck out
And also Vintage Chaps if it has really loud prints and/or logo'd etc...
And of course lastly, there's always 92-97 Polo Sport, which is a fucking shot in the dark on nearly every fucking piece
There you all are. The Polo thrifting guide, if you choose to actually use this, best of luck, cuz honestly fuck playing that guessing game of shit.post #35355 of 477124/27/16 at 7:32pm
- USPS tried to deliver a package and then brought it back to the...
- › Proper Cloth - Official Affiliate Thread 52 seconds ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 1 minute ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 2 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 2 minutes ago
- › Trump is #2 in GOP Field 4 minutes ago
- › Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)? 4 minutes ago
- › Black Mirror - The most unique/bizarre/weird show to come along in... 5 minutes ago
- › Why Hillary will be the next POTUS 6 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 7 minutes ago
- › Cars We Drive! 8 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...