It's key to factor in time spent, whether it's actual working on the posting, or waiting for it to sell, either way that's your money making no money and your time is worth more than the time it would take in total from point of purchaseto fiinal sale on the other site..
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Our Gigantic Summer Sale Thread! Contribute Now Last post on 7/27/15 at 3:29pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Official Sales Alert thread Last post on Today at 7:23 am in Streetwear and Denim
- StyleForum eBay Round Up - Week of April 12 Last post on 4/12/15 at 8:40am in Streetwear and Denim
- StyleForum eBay Round Up - Week of October 5 Last post on 10/5/14 at 10:27am in Classic Menswear
- StyleForum eBay Round Up - Week of September 28 Last post on 10/1/14 at 10:36am in Classic Menswear
Buyer provided wrong/incomplete shipping information and the...
Last edited: 3/24/16
- USPS tried to deliver a package and then brought it back to the...Last edited: 3/24/16
- How should I handle buyers that don't pay immediately?Last edited: 3/24/16
- Do Not As Described items result in defect for the seller?Last edited: 3/24/16
- How does PayPal "pay after you receive the item" feature...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II (Return to the Thunderdome) - Page 2348post #35206 of 550554/26/16 at 9:25ampost #35207 of 550554/26/16 at 9:33amQuote:
Mines close.... it was before my true selling days and back in the casual selling stuff days to feed my denim addiction, I just wanted a quick few hundred so instead of holding on to them like I i knew i should have I just said fuck it and sold my deadstock first edition release of the white/pinnk Ice Creams, every item that came in the box was mint and still packaged, box was fucking prisitne condition as well, shoes were never even tried on and I settled for a few hundred instead of just tossing them in the back of my closet and waiting a few years.
EDIT: Researching them now is even more depressing. Not only is there no pairs for sale on ebay, but I literally can't even find a picture of them on google. They weren't the bullshit huge diamond reeboks that are like 6 bills, they were the diamond ice cream cones.....fuck me
Edited by Jompso - 4/26/16 at 9:48ampost #35208 of 550554/26/16 at 9:38ampost #35209 of 550554/26/16 at 10:02amQuote:Originally Posted by cpmac7
That Marinella reminds me of my worst "sold something then immediately regretted selling it" time.
Sold all three in less than 5 min. I guess they were priced to low
What have yall regretted selling?
The only thing I sort of regret selling was my fixie (a converted Bianchi San Jose). I bought it new in 2006, and sold it last fall. I sold it for about $100 less than I paid for it. Man, did that bike get some miles...
But thrifting stuff? I really have no regrets. I probably don't look at clothing the way most of y'all do. I'll wear something for a few weeks or months and then sell it if it appeals to me at all. I like having a constant stream of things to check out.post #35210 of 550554/26/16 at 11:19ampost #35211 of 550554/26/16 at 11:23amQuote:Originally Posted by Spruce Moose
I passed on a couple leather NWT leather Indian Motorcycle Jackets in XXL. My dad slapped me on the head and I went back the next day and they were gone.
I was very close to passing on a 2003 14 MIL Zegna sport coat last year because it was too big for $15 but @Jompso slapped some sense into to me before I did that.
I grabbed those Indians.kept one for myself.post #35212 of 550554/26/16 at 12:11pm
I was off on the details a little. It was a 2004 piece and 15 Mil and you gave me a run down on it because I was shocked at how soft it was although I can't find that pm
post #15350 on this threadpost #35213 of 550554/26/16 at 12:19pmThrifted items I regret selling? I have a few.....
Most notable clothing finds that I regret selling are a RLPL blackwatch plaid pure cashmere SC and a RLPL wool/cashmere down puffer coat. Both my size. Both bought for peanuts and both sold for peanuts.
Other thrifted items that I am still kicking myself for selling:post #35214 of 550554/26/16 at 12:22pmpost #35215 of 550554/26/16 at 12:35pmIt was pure cashmere to boot. Never seen another. There's a long story behind that one.....
Yep. Put all my tools inside when I got home and filled it up about 1/4 of the way. Figured I'd sell it to someone who had more tools that could get some use out of it. Now I have the tools to fill it and it's long since been sold.post #35216 of 550554/26/16 at 12:48pmQuote:Originally Posted by Nataku
It was pure cashmere to boot. Never seen another. There's a long story behind that one.....
Yep. Put all my tools inside when I got home and filled it up about 1/4 of the way. Figured I'd sell it to someone who had more tools that could get some use out of it. Now I have the tools to fill it and it's long since been sold.
My Google skills led me to Polo Downtown Bear. Looks like it was used in some sort of hiphop video lolpost #35217 of 550554/26/16 at 12:59pmpost #35218 of 550554/26/16 at 1:30pmpost #35219 of 550554/26/16 at 1:33pmThe ultimate Clubbing Jacket! A pair of khaki shorts, a bar in the Bourbon Street area of New Orleans and we are good to go!
http://www.shopgoodwill.com/auctions/Jhane-Barnes-Blazer-Size-50-NWT-29471486.htmlpost #35220 of 550554/26/16 at 1:38pm
- USPS tried to deliver a package and then brought it back to the...
- › OFFICIAL President Trump Thread 52 seconds ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 1 minute ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 1 minute ago
- › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality,... 1 minute ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2017 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice,... 1 minute ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 2 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 2 minutes ago
- › $150,000 job interview clothes 4 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 6 minutes ago
- › Crockett & Jones MTO Central 7 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...