Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Our Gigantic Summer Sale Thread! Contribute Now Last post on 7/27/15 at 3:29pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Official Sales Alert thread Last post on Today at 7:23 am in Streetwear and Denim
- StyleForum eBay Round Up - Week of April 12 Last post on 4/12/15 at 8:40am in Streetwear and Denim
- StyleForum eBay Round Up - Week of October 5 Last post on 10/5/14 at 10:27am in Classic Menswear
- StyleForum eBay Round Up - Week of September 28 Last post on 10/1/14 at 10:36am in Classic Menswear
Buyer provided wrong/incomplete shipping information and the...
Last edited: 3/24/16
- USPS tried to deliver a package and then brought it back to the...Last edited: 3/24/16
- How should I handle buyers that don't pay immediately?Last edited: 3/24/16
- Do Not As Described items result in defect for the seller?Last edited: 3/24/16
- How does PayPal "pay after you receive the item" feature...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II (Return to the Thunderdome) - Page 2310post #34637 of 550584/18/16 at 4:02pmpost #34638 of 550584/18/16 at 4:03pmpost #34639 of 550584/18/16 at 4:14pmpost #34640 of 550584/18/16 at 4:16pmpost #34641 of 550584/18/16 at 4:23pmThread Starterpost #34642 of 550584/18/16 at 4:29pmpost #34643 of 550584/18/16 at 4:35pmpost #34644 of 550584/18/16 at 4:51pmQuote:Originally Posted by txwoodworker
Many pics, quick recap. (Click to show)First stop LBM 1911, bought 2x linen pocket squaresDon't know how my post got all out of whack, but essentially above is my quick recap of a shopping day in Milan. There is no other place in the world with this concentration of stores. The Armani store was an entire city block. There may be other cities that have most of these stores, but not all in a couple city blocks.
They had spring/summer out in full force. Store was small, but 2 stories.
Rubinacci, bought an army square and tie
They had this at Rubinacci, just a navy blue bomber, but that lining! They made one custom for a client, then made 4 more while they were at it.
Did not kop, but seriously, seriously considered it, had one that fit me perfectly. Reversible if you want to be all loud about it.
Isaia, retail upstairs. Cool thing about all these flagship stores was they had stuff you just wouldn't find in NM or even a local boutique.
Hermes window, just now seeing those random shoes, don't know how that tied in.
This was from the bespoke room at Brioni. 3 floors, maybe 10ksqft. Brioni only has 3x bespoke tailors, two of them are here, one in NYC. One has been a tailor 45 years for Brioni, my guide told me he can practically size you by looking at you. Besides their own exclusive fabrics, they have Scabal and Dormeuil. My guide was gracious and showed me everything, was a great experience.
Zilli was absolutely nuts. Leather jackets for 30k euro. No price on these shoes, but the polo shirt in the ad in the upper left was on the shelf for 990Euro. A fucking polo shirt.
Right after we walked in, a group of umm... boldly dressed people stormed in, pulled some stuff off the racks, bought it and left. Was really odd.
Not shown, the inconsiderate RR owners blocking traffic while they casually piled in.
Versace Home store.
Kopped these linen shirts from a local tailor next door to my hotel. Couldn't get decent pics, bottom one is a deep denim blue, the top is a light blue with a subtle pattern. Collar roll is the bomb.
Milan is a menswear mecca, the staff at every store was attentive and friendly. The wife was burned out before I finished, and honestly, since I wasn't going to drop serious coin, even I got a little burned out myself. I could easily see how, if I had the means, I wouldn't want to shop anywhere else, I'd make a pilgrimage to this neighborhood, stay at the Oriental, get a years worth of clothes, and donate last year's clothes to a GW near you.
Wow, amazing write up. How much did brioni bespoke start at?post #34645 of 550584/18/16 at 4:51pm
Some things I bought! At thrift stores! Available unless otherwise noted.
Ties have been light lately, but mostly new, which is always a plus.Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
3x "The Polo Tie", new but pretty rumpled, and one sick v. recent self lined silk/linen (n/a)
Jumping penguins 'gamo, VV custom for national finance
All on a soft bed of burberry cashmere.
A few odds and ends for personal use:
Well, not this one. Gonna sell this one.
Minty prepster prl suspenders (n/y)Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
HBC collection (hudson bay collection, as it turns out. pop!) monochrome stripe - made in scotland, 75/25 wool/angora (n/a)
Some record picks... been working the LP bins lately and I swear, I thought sifting through haggar and stafford was dispiriting but I never could have anticipated the psychic toll of seeing engelbert humperdinks smug mug so many times over
Aphex twin circa 95, the who live at leeds, and a collection of speeches from JFK, all in excellent shape (n/a)
Tee medley, all made in usa save the allsaints, all n/a save the dad teeWarning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Ibex striped merino
Jerzees 50/50 world class father
Allsaints (pop! although I've left a fair amount) faded/patchwork bandana
Ringling bros x screen stars 50/50, featuring one soulful lion
snoopy/joe cowboy ringer tee in a real light poly/rayon blend
And just to remind us of our tinyness and insignificance in the face of a vast, dark universe:
also a 50/50 cotton poly blend, this time from fruit of the loom
Pents, from dark to lightWarning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
BLK DMN (pop!) blk crdry, size 32 but vanity sized to fit a mcconaghey-waisted dude like myself, n/a
nwot crispy VV chinos. pop! on vineyard vines for personal use, n/a. I've thrifted alden shell and a wardrobe full of kiton, but somehow a pair of perfectly fitting chinos has eluded me until now.
ditto on basic black pants. Twill 5 pockets from uniqlo, n/a
Incotex tan chinolinos, 36 waist
Peter Millar blue summer patchwork, 34
Previously teased Brioni, n/aWarning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
White herringbone french cuff, my new best shirt.
white herringbone with gray stripe french cuff
Pale blue standard cuff
Mixed media shirting, brought to you by the color red, n/a:Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Viyella wool/cotton for patrick james, made in canada
Classic candystripe bb makers ocbd
"Finissimo" pura seta summer shirt
can't nail down the maker, but finissimo is a semi-common fabric designation for Brioni tailoring, and the "made in italy" font looks a lot like Brioni, so... Brioni? either way, crepe weight silk and black mop buttons. Going to get a lot of wear this summer.
Some local places have already cut way back on the sweater and jacket sections, which is a shame. still some gems out there though...Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Brioni merino for big fellas
EZ 70/30 wool/cash with an odd abstract geometric
And a scottish cashmere cableknit cardivest (vestigan?) for me
big ol mops - although one fell off not long after this picture was taken.
Not much in the way of jackets lately (read above) -
pop! on invertere - wimmenz, but I couldnt leave it behind. n/a, going to be a gift for my mother
Windowpane tweed outer, wool lined inner, and a polar bear fur shawl collar (well, maybe not. but maybe)Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Cotton blend burb london, made in the good ol' USA, largeWarning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Best in show lately has been tailoring, by a mile:
BB classic db for tall skinny fells, 42 XL
Great subtly checked herringbone sc
signs of quality...
but I'm not about to start leaving sulka behind.
does sulka have a particular they use for tailoring? no "made in" tags
This beauty you've already seen. NWOT super recent unstructured hackett f/u tweed. n/aWarning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
And then, on an unplanned last minute stop into a store half an hour from closing time, this happened. N/A
Somebody recently mentioned they loved the sight of a completely unadorned liner in a jacket. Now I get it.
pop pop! my first time seeing the row in the wild, and not in a shy way: some dude up and donated a wardrobe of tommy nutter bespoke.
First off the rack - totally mint, dry cleaned, and quickly reunited with... two pairs of trousers?! why notWarning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Next up, a super sick striped herringbone with peak lapels and a ticket pocket, and backup pants! This guy covered all the bases.Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Third times the charm! Striped and textured gray wool, peak lapels, ticket pocket. Just one pair of pants. for now...Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
And one lonely orphan that I just couldnt leave behind - brown broken stripe, three button instead of two. Going to keep a weather eye out for its missing halfWarning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Kennedy approves. Best of luck out there in the racks gentlemen.post #34646 of 550584/18/16 at 5:01pmpost #34647 of 550584/18/16 at 5:02pmpost #34648 of 550584/18/16 at 5:15pm
3 day weekend spent mostly adulting, did stop in a couple places without much to show for it:
Also stopped in my local vinyl shop for RSD; they only had two of the titles on my want list: Clint Mansell / Kronos Quartet "Requiem for a Dream" 2xLP soundtrack, and the Coltrane "Roulette" 10".
...but in digging the bins I also found these 1970's Stash label LP's, both still sealed:post #34649 of 550584/18/16 at 5:26pmpost #34650 of 550584/18/16 at 6:44pm
- USPS tried to deliver a package and then brought it back to the...
- › Crockett & Jones MTO Central 39 seconds ago
- › NFL 2016-17 Thread 1 minute ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 1 minute ago
- › Expansion pocket on large men's sport coats? 1 minute ago
- › OFFICIAL President Trump Thread 1 minute ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 1 minute ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 2 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 2 minutes ago
- › Trunk Club "custom" suiting quality? 5 minutes ago
- › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here... 5 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...