or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II (Return to the Thunderdome)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II (Return to the Thunderdome) - Page 2308

post #34606 of 51454

That magnifier on the rolex, let alone the crown missing would make me think it's fake, however, it could have been an attempt at repair by a non rolex jeweler and the guy just didn't care, or couldn't afford a new dial.

 

If you have a good independent jewelry store, that deals in pre owned high end watches around you, they could probably pop the back for you and look at the movement. There's usually a salesman or one of the owners will be an enthusiast at places like that and will be able to tell you quickly if legit or not. The rest looks decent, even down to the poor quality of the band. Rolex put out some shitty bands in the 70's.

 

That magnifier screams fake though.

post #34607 of 51454
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpk1 View Post

No worries, appreciate all the insight I can get until I get a chance to bring it into a dealer. Tried taking a couple pictures as you suggested - think the cyclops may be 2.5 x, but not entirely sure. If it makes any difference, the second hand is sweeping smoothly.

Here are a couple straight on: Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)


And a couple from the side: Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)



well since everybody is having a stab at it. I think it may be real. The band and case look great. I think the movement was replaced from a cheap donor. It wasn't a datejust originally and the magnifier was added to the original glass.Stranger things have happened right? Fingers crossed for you.
post #34608 of 51454
Quote:
Originally Posted by the2ndhandman View Post

well since everybody is having a stab at it. I think it may be real. The band and case look great. I think the movement was replaced from a cheap donor. It wasn't a datejust originally and the magnifier was added to the original glass.Stranger things have happened right? Fingers crossed for you.

Guess we'll find out soon!
post #34609 of 51454
Quote:
Originally Posted by 330CK View Post


Alignment of the magnifier looks off.

Also, can't believe I only just noticed this, but is the crown at the 12 o'clock position missing?

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpk1 View Post


No worries, appreciate all the insight I can get until I get a chance to bring it into a dealer. Tried taking a couple pictures as you suggested - think the cyclops may be 2.5 x, but not entirely sure. If it makes any difference, the second hand is sweeping smoothly.

Here are a couple straight on: Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)


And a couple from the side: Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)



sorry but definitely fake

post #34610 of 51454
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierson v Post View Post

Last day in Minneapolis. AE saddle shoes 9.5D, and 2 ties: Dolce & Gabbana, Hardy Amies.

Love those Sheltons. If you haven't already (I'm catching up on a few days of thrift porn here), you'll want to check feeBay. Had a near-new pair last month in an unusual colorway, took a best offer for $105 on them. Not exactly lunch money.
post #34611 of 51454

Nothing brag worthy, but if you see something you like from @thebuddahman, buy it.

Always hooking it up with great deals and rad shit. I'll always trade with him.
 

The collars on this Pinky are boss.

 

 

post #34612 of 51454
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanejosephxxx View Post
Got a small lead on who makes the shoes but any more help is appreciated smile.gif
photo image_zps67vf4oeq.jpeg







 

Looks like C&J stamp

post #34613 of 51454

Longtime lurker of the forum. This thread has inspired me to thrift. I've learned a lot about shoes from following the forums and hoping to branch more into other articles of clothing to improve my thrift game. Here are a few thrift finds I picked up over the past few days:

 


Allen Edmonds MacNeil

 

Processed By eBay with ImageMagick, z1.1.0. ||B2


Allen Edmonds Arlington

 

Processed By eBay with ImageMagick, z1.1.0. ||B2


Alden 660

 


Picked these two ties up for $1 each at an estate sale

post #34614 of 51454
What size are the AE Mcneill? Looking to trade?
post #34615 of 51454

Sorry should have listed sizes.


MacNeil are 10.5 C. I wear an 11 D in most lasts, so they're a little small for me. l am open for trades or selling them. Feel free to PM me. 

 

As for the others, already sold the Arlingtons and Aldens are a 10 A/C.  

post #34616 of 51454
Nice shoes! I am usually a 9.5D. Good luck with those!
post #34617 of 51454


Thanks! I wish they fit me too. I will flip them to pad my shoe fund (and more thrifting)

post #34618 of 51454
Quote:
Originally Posted by BG 7 View Post
 

Longtime lurker of the forum. This thread has inspired me to thrift. I've learned a lot about shoes from following the forums and hoping to branch more into other articles of clothing to improve my thrift game. Here are a few thrift finds I picked up over the past few days:

 


Picked these two ties up for $1 each at an estate sale

Not sure if you realize, but Lauren is their cheap line and has very little resale value. If for yourself, I would still leave them. You can find better patterns and materials with Brooks Brothers for similar pricing at thrift stores. 

post #34619 of 51454
Quote:
Originally Posted by BG 7 View Post

Longtime lurker of the forum. This thread has inspired me to thrift. I've learned a lot about shoes from following the forums and hoping to branch more into other articles of clothing to improve my thrift game. Here are a few thrift finds I picked up over the past few days: Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)




Allen Edmonds MacNeil

Processed By eBay with ImageMagick, z1.1.0. ||B2



Allen Edmonds Arlington

Processed By eBay with ImageMagick, z1.1.0. ||B2



Alden 660



Picked these two ties up for $1 each at an estate sale

Tidy little shoe haul, but the ties would normally be a pass unless for personal use. "Lauren Raph Lauren" is a low-end, licensed line that is not of the same quality as the Polo Ralph Lauren (aka "PRL" or "Blue Label"), or the higher end Black or Purple Labels.
post #34620 of 51454
Quote:
Originally Posted by masaccio View Post


Tidy little shoe haul, but the ties would normally be a pass unless for personal use. "Lauren Raph Lauren" is a low-end, licensed line that is not of the same quality as the Polo Ralph Lauren (aka "PRL" or "Blue Label"), or the higher end Black or Purple Labels.

 

I was in a PRL Outlet yesterday and they had LRL stuff in there. Most of the clothing felt average to the touch but there were a few bits were really nice. Hit & Miss I guess! 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II (Return to the Thunderdome)