or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II (Return to the Thunderdome)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II (Return to the Thunderdome) - Page 2296

post #34426 of 50974
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cj52racers View Post

Eskandar is womens 98% of the time. They had a Mens line but it ended in 08 and never sold in big numbers. It is coming back this fall I believe though.


Thank you.  I"m leaning towards Men's, but all my research only turned up women's shirts.  That makes sense.  

Now to figure out what the Hell a size "1" men's shirt is.

post #34427 of 50974
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierson v Post View Post


Thank you.  I"m leaning towards Men's, but all my research only turned up women's shirts.  That makes sense.  
Now to figure out what the Hell a size "1" men's shirt is.
I highly highly doubt those are men's. Those are women's shirts.
post #34428 of 50974
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierson v Post View Post
 


Thank you.  I"m leaning towards Men's, but all my research only turned up women's shirts.  That makes sense.  

Now to figure out what the Hell a size "1" men's shirt is.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cj52racers View Post


I highly highly doubt those are men's. Those are women's shirts.
 
 

 

I'd assume it's a men's shirt.  The buttons are on the correct side.  With shirts, aren't men's shirts buttons traditionally on the right hand side and women's on the left hand side of the closure?  Same with jackets.  Not always the case, but generally true.  I would assume a 1 is an XS or S [i.e. 36 or 38]

post #34429 of 50974
Quote:
Originally Posted by pi34 View Post



I'd assume it's a men's shirt.  The buttons are on the correct side.  With shirts, aren't men's shirts buttons traditionally on the right hand side and women's on the left hand side of the closure?  Same with jackets.  Not always the case, but generally true.  I would assume a 1 is an XS or S [i.e. 36 or 38]
Yes, with most brands women are right over left, but not with Eskandar. They are all left over right and only sizes 0, 1, and 2. They don't follow any of the conventional rules. I've had nearly a dozen eskandar pieces, these are almost certainly womens.
post #34430 of 50974
Today's lesson is when things go good, keep going. Quick label shots, all n/a for the moment while I sort out sizes and make sure I didn't miss anything


Cucinelli x3 (bottom is NWT) Isaia x2


Paul Smith (NWOT it appears) VV linen, Bergdof made in Italy


Frank & Eileen and RRL flannels


Chester Barrie DB suit


old NWT unfinished Hickey Freeman


H&M x Isabel Marant ladies tux jacket


Zegnas


Brionis



Based on the company I assume this is legit, only the one tag. Thread loop is inside. A few loose threads on back

Also, thread first? Texting with my wife who was going out to do some hunting with her friend. Went to grab a cart and on my way back saw a familiar haircut. We didn't realize we were in the same store texting each other.

Also she just texted me to tell me they found 2 Knoll chairs in someone's garbage
post #34431 of 50974

 

More RL goodness

 

Rugby Ralph Lauren Wool Cricket/Boating Blazer - 3/2 - Size M

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I have found 2 small holes

post #34432 of 50974
I saw the same shirt the other day at goodwill but I left them.



post #34433 of 50974
Thats a scarf hermes tie $$$
post #34434 of 50974

14 stores, bought one thing and i'm not even sure its any good.

 

Vintage Never Worn Desert Storm T-Shirt

 

post #34435 of 50974
That RL rugby blazer up there is the best thing I've seen here in a while. Super cool find
post #34436 of 50974

I have been living vicariously through you guys for a while during my knee-surgery recuperation. However, pain be damned, I am getting back out there tomorrow if it kills me. I should not have thrown away that prescription for Percocet. :dozingoff:

post #34437 of 50974

This is from Dunhill - I grabbed it because it's Dunhill and the quality is fabulous - but I don't know what to call it. There was one from The Territory Ahead next to it, presumably from the same donor.  What is this pouch sort of thing called? It's big enough for a laptop but not padded at all.

 

 

 

 

post #34438 of 50974
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweets View Post

14 stores, bought one thing and i'm not even sure its any good.

Vintage Never Worn Desert Storm T-Shirt



I also thrifted a never worn Desert Storm t-shirt a week or so ago. However, your's is decidedly more badass than mine. Mine says something about world peace or some hippe bullshit like that. The going rate when I looked for similar items on eBay seemed around $20. I knew it wasnt worth much, just wanted it.
post #34439 of 50974
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chotii View Post
 

This is from Dunhill - I grabbed it because it's Dunhill and the quality is fabulous - but I don't know what to call it. There was one from The Territory Ahead next to it, presumably from the same donor.  What is this pouch sort of thing called? It's big enough for a laptop but not padded at all.

 

portfolio.

post #34440 of 50974
Quote:
Originally Posted by pi34 View Post
 

 

 

 

I'd assume it's a men's shirt.  The buttons are on the correct side.  With shirts, aren't men's shirts buttons traditionally on the right hand side and women's on the left hand side of the closure?  Same with jackets.  Not always the case, but generally true.  I would assume a 1 is an XS or S [i.e. 36 or 38]

The thing about Eskandar sizing is it is at once 'vanity' and 'absurdly huge and unstructured'. I've been fortunate enough to find Eskandar sometimes, and it always sells well.  A size 1 is a small, but small is...well, it's not small.

 

The women who wear Eskandar know their sizes. If you say 1, they know it's their size.  I'd give the tagged size and the bust/length. That will be all any Eskandar buyer needs to know (besides fiber content and so on). There is no attractive way to display Eskandar. The stuff is built huge, boxy, and (IMO) shapeless.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II (Return to the Thunderdome)