Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Our Gigantic Summer Sale Thread! Contribute Now Last post on 7/27/15 at 3:29pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Official Sales Alert thread Last post on Today at 6:32 am in Streetwear and Denim
- StyleForum eBay Round Up - Week of April 12 Last post on 4/12/15 at 8:40am in Streetwear and Denim
- StyleForum eBay Round Up - Week of October 5 Last post on 10/5/14 at 10:27am in Classic Menswear
- StyleForum eBay Round Up - Week of September 28 Last post on 10/1/14 at 10:36am in Classic Menswear
Buyer provided wrong/incomplete shipping information and the...
Last edited: 3/24/16
- USPS tried to deliver a package and then brought it back to the...Last edited: 3/24/16
- How should I handle buyers that don't pay immediately?Last edited: 3/24/16
- Do Not As Described items result in defect for the seller?Last edited: 3/24/16
- How does PayPal "pay after you receive the item" feature...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II (Return to the Thunderdome) - Page 2282post #34217 of 544434/11/16 at 1:21amQuote:Originally Posted by Nickd
TK Maxx (as it is in the UK) is hit and miss. I've found some good stuff there. The best was a £4500 Brioni cashmere jacket at 85% off, but I've also got Alfred Sargent shoes there, and John Smedley knitwear is pretty regularly stocked. It is mainly crap that is made for them with names that sound a bit like designer labels though.
You're right, it's a mixed bag in TK Maxx. Never seen Brioni though, wow! Last time I looked they had a Chester Barrie orphan jacket for £30 and the fashioney Hardy Amies and Gieves stuff. RL Polo stuff is big in there at the moment it seems. My best purchase from there was some Barker tan whole cuts for £60. Wear em regularly.post #34218 of 544434/11/16 at 1:55amThere is tons of PRL in my local ones too. That is the only Brioni I've seen, and I was lucky it was my size. I did have to pay up though, 85% off still isn't cheap! I picked up some Barkers too, from their top range and a load of Pantherella socks at Christmas.
The Gieves and Hardy Amies clothes in there are unfortunately cheap mass produced fashiony stuff best left on the shelves as you say.post #34219 of 544434/11/16 at 2:29amThread Starterpost #34220 of 544434/11/16 at 2:42amQuote:Originally Posted by thebuddahman
You're right, it's a mixed bag in TK Maxx. Never seen Brioni though, wow! Last time I looked they had a Chester Barrie orphan jacket for £30 and the fashioney Hardy Amies and Gieves stuff. RL Polo stuff is big in there at the moment it seems. My best purchase from there was some Barker tan whole cuts for £60. Wear em regularly.
Ey! My Hardy Amies jumpers are the shit.Quote:
Holy shit.post #34221 of 544434/11/16 at 5:22am
@bpk1 Please show us some thrift fits in those shirts! Crazy when the Etro is one of the boring ones haha those Burberry are amazingly fun and 100% silk. They got me fired up this morning... Would love to be able to pull off stuff like that.
My week was super modest but found my first seven fold tie, NWT to boot and a couple of J crew shorts NWT just in time for summerpost #34222 of 544434/11/16 at 6:38ampost #34223 of 544434/11/16 at 6:57ampost #34224 of 544434/11/16 at 7:02ampost #34225 of 544434/11/16 at 7:32ampost #34226 of 544434/11/16 at 7:51ampost #34227 of 544434/11/16 at 8:16amQuote:
It's an uncommon luxury! haha in all seriousness it's actually pretty nice. Is Jones New York Collection different than mainline? I haven't been able to find a 7 fold JNY tie on Google so can't get anymore info on it. Although I was shocked to see some of their suits sell for over 1000 new... crazypost #34228 of 544434/11/16 at 8:30ampost #34229 of 544434/11/16 at 8:38amSome underpriced e-thrifts for someone who likes recent "Zenga" jackets in 50R eu (not my listing).
Edit: looks like someone snagged them. Hope it was one of you guys!
Edited by Ace_Face - 4/11/16 at 1:02pmpost #34230 of 544434/11/16 at 9:07amQuote:Originally Posted by ExHack
I have a Sulka in my personal fleet that I thought of flipping as I thin the herd - very conservative and IMVHO resellable; rich navy blue with woven silver squares, mint EUC. Did eBay comps on Sulka overall. Not promising - $15 seemed to be the average. I found and flipped a Loewe years ago, toward the end of my last epoch of hobby selling. It was Hermes-ish. Think I got $10-15 for it. So, those I'd say, you can flip em but it's not going to be for max profit. YMMV.
Thanks for the Info:slayer:
- USPS tried to deliver a package and then brought it back to the...
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 7 seconds ago
- › OFFICIAL!!!! Foreigners Tell Others How To Run Their Country Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 3 minutes ago
- › Paris under attack again 3 minutes ago
- › Exquisite Trimmings - Based in London, UK - Official Affiliate Thread 4 minutes ago
- › NFL 2016-17 Thread 5 minutes ago
- › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality,... 6 minutes ago
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 7 minutes ago
- › Boots Boots Boots - For Boot Guys Only 9 minutes ago
- › Carmina Shoes - Official Thread (reviews, advice, sizing, etc...) 9 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...