or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II (Return to the Thunderdome)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II (Return to the Thunderdome) - Page 2255

post #33811 of 51153
Quote:
Originally Posted by div25sec9 View Post

Is this your opinion or law? How about Savers/Value Village? They sell fakes all the time here, marked up really high too. I've told workers that things were fakes as well, they just say "ok" and stick it back in the showcase. It bothers me because they know it's a fake, but have no problem taking some persons hard earned money because they paid up thinking it's legit.

Buy all of the counterfeit stuff and return it to Nordstrom.
post #33812 of 51153
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Moo View Post

Buy all of the counterfeit stuff and return it to Nordstrom.

I don't understand what you're trying to say..is this a thing?
post #33813 of 51153
Did Holland Sherry do leather as well or is it just the lining.which seems like silk.


post #33814 of 51153
Quote:
Originally Posted by div25sec9 View Post

I don't understand what you're trying to say..is this a thing?

Everything is a thing if you want it to be.
post #33815 of 51153

I would like to preface this following post by first stating that yes, it is in reference to my listings, however 1. The sheer amount of money I will be losing lead me to believe this maybe an exception to the rules and 2. I would much rather you guys have the heads up and be able to take advantage of this then fucking randoms I don't give a fuck about on the B&S thread....However with that said, if this is still deemed innapropriate in any manner, I sincerely apologize and I will remove it immediately.

 

 

With that out of the way, I would like to give you guys who like to sell ties and sell them a lot, a little bit of shit to look forward to. An opportunity rarely seen to get some shit for yourself, your store, your dad, your boss, or your dog, to consign, to fucking make a rope out of, I don't give a shit. Essentially yesterday morning I finally said fuck this shit, and I decided to apply the true god given talent that I was blessed with on this earth, the ability to source whatever the fuck from where ever the fuck whenever the fuck and use this ability and dedicate all my attention and efforts purely on locking down an Inventory source of that could be able to provide with me with nothing put purely the markets top tier, top quality ties money can buy, be able to provide them in very large quantities, and be able to provide them to me inthis quantities essentially on an on demand, regular basis. Some hardwork, persistence, networking, and bullshit emails, I was rewarded with a message this morning by a man who informed me of his ability to to exactly what I desire as much as I want. So I know can sell the items I love most, and have them actually be pieces that I love to sell, and have quality of inventory more balanced........


 

AND THE SPOILER HIDING THE SURPRISE THAT INVOLVES ALL THE GOOD NEWS THAT PERTAINS TO ALL OF YOU....AND THE SHITTY NEWS FOR ME... (Click to show)

Heres where all interested parties come into play. Not after receipt of the first shipment, but after receipt of the second, so perhaps 3 weeks from today roughly, if I get either PMs of likes that show a true interest in me doing this, I will fire sale my 350+ tie inventory strictly an solely to the members and contributors to this thread and this thread alone. Everything, regardless of what it is, will only be 5 dollars, no limit on quantity, shipping is free if you only decide to buy one, or you decide to buy every single one. And ties cost me a minimum 5 but on average about 7 so I will be losing on avg 2 bucks for every tie sold AND ANOTHER 2.50 MINIMUM SINCE THEY SHIP FOR FREE. SO I WILL EITHER BE MAKING ON AVG. .50 A SALE ROUGHLY, OR IN OTHER TERMS, LOSING A MINIMUM OF 6.50 FOR EVER TRANSACTION, so again, this only benefits me by purely freeing space and unloading perfectly good and perfectly profitable ties to the rest of you who are interested, I make nothing, I just free up space....I WILL ONLY DO THIS FOR PROBABLY 48 HOURS TOPS cuz to be honest, packaging and shipping that many ties at once, when every single one sold is at a significant loss, will lose its appeal quite quickly.

 

If I get PMs or likes of interest than I will follow through with this plan and you guys will have sole access, otherwise I'll just do it in a manner that will be less efficient yet will be fast as well, and also make me a couple bucks....see I like to look out for you guys .....

 

AND AGAIN, IF THIS IS TOTALLY INNAPROPRIATE AND HAS NO PLACE HERE AND SHOULD NEVER HAVE BEEN POSTED, REGARDLESS OF THE SPECIFIC CONDITIONS OR TRUE INTENT OF PURELY HOOKING YOU GUYS UP, PLEASE RESPOND QUICKLY WITH THIS NOTION AND I WILL DELETE THIS POST IMMEDIATELY.

 

TOS: Jompso does maintain the right and ability to cancel any transaction he chooses. No transactions will ever be canceled based on how good of a deal you just received or something along those lines. Cancellations can occur contingent on other variables however, actually solely one, if I don't like you, you won't be getting shit. With that said, I can't think of anyone off the top of my head that I don't like. So at the moment, you're all good to go.

 

Oh and if you and I are involved in a business relationship. Please do not purchase these and then turn around and give me a huge bag of them to post. This is as hilarious as it would be annoying. That's it, play ball.

 

You're all welcome in advance.

post #33816 of 51153
LOL
post #33817 of 51153
451219.gif
post #33818 of 51153

Speaking of Saville Row - I found this over spring break 

.

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

post #33819 of 51153
"Buying" Good...Will.
post #33820 of 51153
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jompso View Post

Unlike most companies that license on the scale that Belvest does, I don't believe Belvest operates with any scale of quality, I believe all construction is equally excellent and the only thing that differs across the board is simply the quality of wool or type of fabrics they use. Most companies work on a pay for what you get type scale. So you just want to be able to have the manufacturers tag well the is gonna be a mostly machine made job and go up from there, but trying to think of all the companies Belvest makes for and I cannot think of a single one that would ever skimp on quality. Their is Hermes, Louis Vuitton, High end boutiques like Wilkes Bashford and Davide Cenci or even dating back to Giorgio Beverly Hills and others. I don't recall any contracts where quality would have ever been diminished, so I think as long as it's got the tag, it possess the name and the tailoring quality, regardless of the name on the actual logo i.e. the people who contracted the work.

Not quite right. Belvest does scale their quality in some cases. Some of their Prada stuff was half canvassed.

Also, there are two tiers to Belvest. The dark label is fully canvassed. And the white/silver label is half.
post #33821 of 51153

$0.75 for a signed lucite sculpture by Rico Comé?  Why not...

 

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

paging Dr. @330CK ...

post #33822 of 51153
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fueco View Post


Ethics are by definition opinions. It is, however, illegal to sell counterfeits. Enforcement would be impractical in a thrift shop.

Impracticality of the enforcement would be met equally with sheer apathy, concern, interest, care, or desire to do something about it. Every single time, except when I'm at Goodwill cuz fuck them and trying to tell them to do anything, that I come across any fake in any manner in any way, I immediately bring it to the very top who is currently on site. I request to speak to highest ranking employee, whether that's floor manager, store manager, boss, owner etc... However this is done purely for my sake, no one else's, cuz fuck the rest I don't care if they thrift it, do your homework and don't buy fake shit. No, I do this because I want to see the reaction that occurs, how quickly, what measures are taken, what priority it possesses once brought to their attention. Allows you to easily learn a lot about a small thrift when you see how they react to selling fake goods in their already relatively small inventory. Where there priorities lie, and what they give a shit about. Truly, it clearly showcases the fact that if those items are either remaining by the time you leave, or worse, still there a couple days later, that this stop can officially be removed from any sort of route you currently do. This location's priority just hit below corrupt Goodwill level. That they need inventory to fill racks even if that means selling fakes. That their turnover is garbage cuz they either just get garbage or that's all they are putting out. Essentially that at the end of the day, if you find a Kiton cash there once a month, the time wasted keeping them in your daily route, does not make that stop worth it.

 

Loser thrifts that provide nothing but shitty experiences and zero inventory turnover do not deserve curiousity stops purely cuz your bored even. Once a month, 2 times tops. When you allow yourself to think with a purely business perspective, not allow hope, and what ifs, and other pointless emotions, cloud logical thought, you will find yourself coming to the conclusion over and over that eliminating this spot and allowing you either more time at a bigger location with more inventory and higher turnover, or even hitting some place new or whatever, is far and away the better choice 10 times out of 10. That those 10 Brioni suits that hit the rack at that spot that morning actually never happened, would never happen and will never happen, and just pretend it did and you landed that shit, do you know what that actually means? The true severity of the situation you just landed yourself in? That you are no stuck thrifting those shitty racks for life now because essentially Vicuna popped up as far as they're concerned. That Brioni haul would not be a good day, it would be a terrible one. All the profits made from it would be to merely compensate for the rest of your future. That forever you will be forced to stop here. Never can you cut ties. The rest of your life your stuck because of that one day......and trust me on this....I made my monthly curiosity stop at my very first chop from my main route very recently and I got a pair of John Lobbs for only 12 bucks, my very first pair. Walking out of the place was greeted with relief because the true reality of the situation is, is that I will not have to step foot in that shit hole for another fucking month. I totally forgot about the shoes.

 

I've literally been able to edit my city wide run down significantly purely based on TO or also, just merely doing a 2 stop in 3 days test and trying to notice and acknowledge any all changes, the best way to test. You judge to see how business is conducted as usual, you don't go at times you know inventory goes out or days you know it does for sure, you go on two non consecutive days, over 3 day span, normal days of business merely just to see what they have done. Do your same routine and see how many, if any changes additions or items missing there are. If that one shirt you were thinking about is still there, or that suit that you usually wouldn't grab but for the price it makes sense is still on the rack. All these very basic signs can sincerely save you hours out of your day which adds up to so much time over just a week a lone. Honestly my full route (which is honestly never run these days anyway) has been chopped by 33%, just about on the dot, by merely a 2 day random inspection or TO rate or backdoor selling. If your two day random inspection is done at a location that sometimes can produce, do yourself a favor and stake it out for a week. A very basic level of problem solving paired with observation and logical thought and you will realize that you can find out the times anywhere very easily. Boom, out of the route except for once a week, Wed Noon only for ex, boom so much fucking time saved... I have a couple stops that I hit once a week, on a very specific day at a very specific time and that's it. Learn fucking schedules of the wildcards, you'll find out that not only will your time no longer be wasted for no reason, that they also will no longer remain wildcards for that one day a week. If these thoughts haven't crossed your head Im worried for you, however if I've been able to highlight the important of truly doing this and saving you years of your life, you are welcome.

 

Efficiency=time saved=time=money=time saved=money saved=money not lost=smart.

post #33823 of 51153
Quote:
Originally Posted by othertravel View Post


Not quite right. Belvest does scale their quality in some cases. Some of their Prada stuff was half canvassed.

Also, there are two tiers to Belvest. The dark label is fully canvassed. And the white/silver label is half.

thank you for responding to my post because out of all the premium tier labels, Belvest has always remained the one true mystery to me. I totally forgot Prada stopped using Cantarelli and switched to Belvest also, yet was completely unaware that they had color coded product identifiers dictating levle of quality. The only Belvest I have ever come up on has been the good shit, including my recent 13 suit haul, I've never thrifted lower level stuff, but I was just finding it hard to believe that they were able to have so many licensing agreements and be able to churn out all those suits with hand picked stitching or free floating full canvas jackets for everyone. Gracias.

 

I would like to comment however, that my entire haul, every suit is actually MTM, they also all possess hand work at locations usually saved for a machine, most noticeably and of note, the lapels, which are all done entirely by hand. The wool ranges from Super 120s to a few Super 180s, however, with all that said, these do not follow that color code with the tags. These suits are full canvass highest grade of production. The closest thing they offer to bespoke. Their most expensive suits. They have full canvass construction, tons of hand work etc.. and they are all white label. So this doesn't always necessarily run true I guess.

post #33824 of 51153
I love this thread so much.




Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierson v Post View Post

$0.75 for a signed lucite sculpture by Rico Comé?  Why not...



Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)


paging Dr. @330CK
 ...

Had this in my hand the other day. Interesting piece, quick Google search didn't come up with any results, plus it had some irreparable damage inside where the pieces are joined (look for the little cracks), so I opted to leave it. Did your search turn up any results?
post #33825 of 51153
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jompso View Post
 

Impracticality of the enforcement would be met equally with sheer apathy, concern, interest, care, or desire to do something about it. Every single time, except when I'm at Goodwill cuz fuck them and trying to tell them to do anything, that I come across any fake in any manner in any way, I immediately bring it to the very top who is currently on site. I request to speak to highest ranking employee, whether that's floor manager, store manager, boss, owner etc... However this is done purely for my sake, no one else's, cuz fuck the rest I don't care if they thrift it, do your homework and don't buy fake shit. No, I do this because I want to see the reaction that occurs, how quickly, what measures are taken, what priority it possesses once brought to their attention. Allows you to easily learn a lot about a small thrift when you see how they react to selling fake goods in their already relatively small inventory. Where there priorities lie, and what they give a shit about. Truly, it clearly showcases the fact that if those items are either remaining by the time you leave, or worse, still there a couple days later, that this stop can officially be removed from any sort of route you currently do. This location's priority just hit below corrupt Goodwill level. That they need inventory to fill racks even if that means selling fakes. That their turnover is garbage cuz they either just get garbage or that's all they are putting out. Essentially that at the end of the day, if you find a Kiton cash there once a month, the time wasted keeping them in your daily route, does not make that stop worth it.

 

Loser thrifts that provide nothing but shitty experiences and zero inventory turnover do not deserve curiousity stops purely cuz your bored even. Once a month, 2 times tops. When you allow yourself to think with a purely business perspective, not allow hope, and what ifs, and other pointless emotions, cloud logical thought, you will find yourself coming to the conclusion over and over that eliminating this spot and allowing you either more time at a bigger location with more inventory and higher turnover, or even hitting some place new or whatever, is far and away the better choice 10 times out of 10. That those 10 Brioni suits that hit the rack at that spot that morning actually never happened, would never happen and will never happen, and just pretend it did and you landed that shit, do you know what that actually means? The true severity of the situation you just landed yourself in? That you are no stuck thrifting those shitty racks for life now because essentially Vicuna popped up as far as they're concerned. That Brioni haul would not be a good day, it would be a terrible one. All the profits made from it would be to merely compensate for the rest of your future. That forever you will be forced to stop here. Never can you cut ties. The rest of your life your stuck because of that one day......and trust me on this....I made my monthly curiosity stop at my very first chop from my main route very recently and I got a pair of John Lobbs for only 12 bucks, my very first pair. Walking out of the place was greeted with relief because the true reality of the situation is, is that I will not have to step foot in that shit hole for another fucking month. I totally forgot about the shoes.

 

I've literally been able to edit my city wide run down significantly purely based on TO or also, just merely doing a 2 stop in 3 days test and trying to notice and acknowledge any all changes, the best way to test. You judge to see how business is conducted as usual, you don't go at times you know inventory goes out or days you know it does for sure, you go on two non consecutive days, over 3 day span, normal days of business merely just to see what they have done. Do your same routine and see how many, if any changes additions or items missing there are. If that one shirt you were thinking about is still there, or that suit that you usually wouldn't grab but for the price it makes sense is still on the rack. All these very basic signs can sincerely save you hours out of your day which adds up to so much time over just a week a lone. Honestly my full route (which is honestly never run these days anyway) has been chopped by 33%, just about on the dot, by merely a 2 day random inspection or TO rate or backdoor selling. If your two day random inspection is done at a location that sometimes can produce, do yourself a favor and stake it out for a week. A very basic level of problem solving paired with observation and logical thought and you will realize that you can find out the times anywhere very easily. Boom, out of the route except for once a week, Wed Noon only for ex, boom so much fucking time saved... I have a couple stops that I hit once a week, on a very specific day at a very specific time and that's it. Learn fucking schedules of the wildcards, you'll find out that not only will your time no longer be wasted for no reason, that they also will no longer remain wildcards for that one day a week. If these thoughts haven't crossed your head Im worried for you, however if I've been able to highlight the important of truly doing this and saving you years of your life, you are welcome.

 

Efficiency=time saved=time=money=time saved=money saved=money not lost=smart.

 

 

No shit.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II (Return to the Thunderdome)