Tall glass of ice cold milk to go with it? You magnificent bastard!
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Our Gigantic Summer Sale Thread! Contribute Now Last post on 7/27/15 at 3:29pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Official Sales Alert thread Last post on Yesterday at 1:04 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- StyleForum eBay Round Up - Week of April 12 Last post on 4/12/15 at 8:40am in Streetwear and Denim
- StyleForum eBay Round Up - Week of October 5 Last post on 10/5/14 at 10:27am in Classic Menswear
- StyleForum eBay Round Up - Week of September 28 Last post on 10/1/14 at 10:36am in Classic Menswear
Buyer provided wrong/incomplete shipping information and the...
Last edited: 3/24/16
- USPS tried to deliver a package and then brought it back to the...Last edited: 3/24/16
- How should I handle buyers that don't pay immediately?Last edited: 3/24/16
- Do Not As Described items result in defect for the seller?Last edited: 3/24/16
- How does PayPal "pay after you receive the item" feature...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II (Return to the Thunderdome) - Page 2253post #33781 of 476504/5/16 at 5:30ampost #33782 of 476504/5/16 at 5:43amQuote:Originally Posted by Nickd
Whatshisname likes the sound of his own voice. He might be right about Gieves in the US, I don't know, I live in the UK.
He doesn't have a fucking clue about Royal Warrants though, and is so sure of himself he didn't think to check his facts. And has made himself look a bit of an arse.
"a warrant issued by the sovereign, especially one authorizing a company to display the royal arms, indicating that goods or services are supplied to the sovereign or to a member of the royal family."
I don't know you, it's to earlier, and I don't care to engage. With that said, I generalized acrossed the board because all I handle is suiting, and the suiting that is English made that I handle, has at some point been royaly commissioned. Whether it is a hunting brand like I believe Holland & Holland may be the one who possesses it, commissioned to make hunting tailored goods for the royal family, Acquscutum, commissioned to make tailored outerwear, both original Gieves and Original Hawkes, who have been commissioned to create symbolic royal garments as far back as the 1700s etc... So saying it appears on nearly all English made clothing is false, you are correct, to rephrase, it is something that appears on nearly 90% of the RTW English made clothing I handle becuase I collect quality goods and bespoke pieces and only items of the highest quality, standards and history. Now I have clarified my original statement to show you that I am fully aware of the royal ties you are essentially legitimized with possesses when granted this seal on your brands logo, hell even Turnbull ties have it, even though that's most likely for the bespoke shirting. I have also displayed to you that I don't speak out of my ass because I am aware of brands across the board that have been granted this stamp, and I am aware of their royal ties dating as far back as the early 1700s where they earned them. That no one would ever guess that true, non-licesed Aquascutum outerwear and attire would adorn this stamp and belong to this club unless they knew their British hunting outerwear, and that the gieves in the US label does not possess this because the label is strictly used within the United States. I have owned a piece of Gieves & Hawkes in house RTW suiting before. Not bespoke, just limited release. Quality was pretty decent, and their label was granted this honor also, because both bespoke houses earned these rights when operating under the crown, but the licensed shit did not.
Now I have cleared things up. And I've also granted you your pass so civility shall remain because there is no point. And if your strength of knowledge and ability to back up your facts are highlighted in your google skills then may I simply make a suggestion. Watch your mouth and never speak to me or regarding me, in a manner remotely similar to the way you did. You don't know me, who I am, or what I do and do not know. I can freely tell you that I have a working kowledge of your countires fashion history, culture, styles, trends, tailoring, bespoke tailors both on and off the row, etc... that would shit on any thing you may be able to regurgitate from wikipedia. I own more Savile Row bespoke suiting than suits you've ever tried on. And in all honesty, I've most likely forgotten more than everything you would have to offer us here about your home country. So again, watch your mouth and never talk sideways like that about me again. Thank you.post #33783 of 476504/5/16 at 5:47am
Disappointed with this reply.
For me its defo Vanilla Oreos dunked in Jack Daniels. #dontknockittillyoutryit
In other news....I have been trying to upload pics for two days. We had a windstorm the other night and it left me with sub-dial-up speeds. Grrpost #33784 of 476504/5/16 at 5:49am
Unlike most companies that license on the scale that Belvest does, I don't believe Belvest operates with any scale of quality, I believe all construction is equally excellent and the only thing that differs across the board is simply the quality of wool or type of fabrics they use. Most companies work on a pay for what you get type scale. So you just want to be able to have the manufacturers tag well the is gonna be a mostly machine made job and go up from there, but trying to think of all the companies Belvest makes for and I cannot think of a single one that would ever skimp on quality. Their is Hermes, Louis Vuitton, High end boutiques like Wilkes Bashford and Davide Cenci or even dating back to Giorgio Beverly Hills and others. I don't recall any contracts where quality would have ever been diminished, so I think as long as it's got the tag, it possess the name and the tailoring quality, regardless of the name on the actual logo i.e. the people who contracted the work.post #33785 of 476504/5/16 at 5:56am
OOOOH it worked!!!!
Some casual belts
Nautical Alphabet - Leather Man
Turkey - Leather Man
Mallard - Leather Man
Blackwatch - Brooks Brothers
Trop Fish - Leather Man
Lizard - Cole Haan
Leezard Leezard - JAB
No Name Leather Braces - Taken
Thurston for Brooks
Unbranded Duck Braces
Edited by capnwes - 4/5/16 at 8:51ampost #33786 of 476504/5/16 at 5:59ampost #33787 of 476504/5/16 at 6:15ampost #33788 of 476504/5/16 at 6:17ampost #33789 of 476504/5/16 at 6:22ampost #33790 of 476504/5/16 at 6:34ampost #33791 of 476504/5/16 at 7:02ampost #33792 of 476504/5/16 at 7:03ampost #33793 of 476504/5/16 at 7:06ampost #33794 of 476504/5/16 at 7:08ampost #33795 of 476504/5/16 at 7:15am
- USPS tried to deliver a package and then brought it back to the...
- › Viberg Boots 2 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 6 minutes ago
- › Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread 9 minutes ago
- › Red Wing Boots - Your Opinion 10 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 13 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 23 minutes ago
- › English Challis sailboat tie 31 minutes ago
- › NWOT Luigi Bianch Mantova 100% cashmere navy overcoat 54 52 33 minutes ago
- › FS: AUGUST CARLO BARBERA OFFERS, LINEN,MOHAIR,CASHMERE ETC 34 minutes ago
- › Sartoriale = Official Affiliate Vendor thread 37 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...