Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II (Return to the Thunderdome)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II (Return to the Thunderdome) - Page 2249

post #33721 of 57990

Spoo that clock is a keeper .looks amazing at low light.I've seen only one and it wasn't for sale.

Regarding the glasses talk might wanna add Randolph Engineering to list of good stuff.

post #33722 of 57990

I was happy to find another one of these this week, considering how well the last one did:

 

post #33723 of 57990
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshmick View Post

I was happy to find another one of these this week, considering how well the last one did:





Weirdest content label I've ever seen was on a similar piece: antique French nuns linen sheets
post #33724 of 57990
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jompso View Post

In all honesty, if you take a RTW piece made by Chester Barrie and you comb the thing, you will find that it's bespoke level quality. I do and or have owned em all, literally. Never Cifonelli or Orazio, but I think I can pretty much check the rest off, and to this day, the most handwork I have ever seen was on a Chester Barrie for Carroll & Co suit from the early/mid 90s. And it wasn't even the quantity of handiwork and obvious time dedicated to the construction of the suit, it was the quality of the work that really said something. They are without a doubt the most underrated and under appreciated in the game. I may love Zegna, but I have the most admiration for Barrie no doubt.
This.

My favourite suit is a Chester Barrie, there is a ton of handwork on there.
post #33725 of 57990


post #33726 of 57990
Thread Starter 
dang son the sneaker game is tight up in Canada.
post #33727 of 57990
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpooPoker View Post

dang son the sneaker game is tight up in Canada.

+1. Our fellow locals need to step up their game, that way I can get some MMM, Buschemi, or some CP's.
post #33728 of 57990
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMMcL View Post

Was treated to an early pamper session at the future site of LuxeSwap brick and mortar.


love those jackets. Spoo - not looking for a handout by any means, but if you have similar in 38-40ish R and have a few minutes, give me an email shout if you could. Need to up my SC game!
post #33729 of 57990
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by GHo View Post

love those jackets. Spoo - not looking for a handout by any means, but if you have similar in 38-40ish R and have a few minutes, give me an email shout if you could. Need to up my SC game!

These were from the thrift, not my inventory - but as construction and organization progresses, more surprises unfold!
post #33730 of 57990
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpooPoker View Post

These were from the thrift, not my inventory - but as construction and organization progresses, more surprises unfold!

Get it done!
post #33731 of 57990
That prisma is fucking outstanding spoo. Those things are so cool.
post #33732 of 57990
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cj52racers View Post

That prisma is fucking outstanding spoo. Those things are so cool.

I cant stop staring at it.
post #33733 of 57990

First round from the trip back to the Bay Area...

 

 

Patagonia Regulator R2 (L)

 

 

Snap-T (L)

 

 

Snap-T (S & XL)

 

 

 

Snap-T Hoody (L)

 

 

Fitz Roy Down (L)

 

 

Fitz Roy Down (L & XL)

 

 

Arc'teryx Thorium AR (L)

 

 

Snap-T (XL)

 

 

Mountain Hardwear Windstopper (M)

 

 

Mountain Hardwear Windstopper (M)

 

 

Mountain Hardwear Windstopper (M)

 

 

Mountain Hardwear Fleece (M)

 

post #33734 of 57990
Quote:
Originally Posted by Odradek View Post


Managed to get back there today and picked up the remaining seven unlabeled Drake's ties.




 

You thought THESE designs weren't good?? I love them. The heels are kitchy fun (let 'em know you're a ladies man?)  and the Charlie Brown-esque chevron totally rules. Different strokes, though. Very nice, man!

post #33735 of 57990
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirt View Post

You thought THESE designs weren't good?? I love them. The heels are kitchy fun (let 'em know you're a ladies man?)  and the Charlie Brown-esque chevron totally rules. Different strokes, though. Very nice, man!


Yes, I guess you could get a few ladies coming closer to check out the shoes on your tie.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II (Return to the Thunderdome)