It's the only type of tie James bond ever wore. It's a complex woven silk on special looms, it gives your tie a far greater complexity and makes solids far more than just a solid colored tie, it adds depth as well as a knowledge and appreciation for quality crafted silk.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Our Gigantic Summer Sale Thread! Contribute Now Last post on 7/27/15 at 3:29pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Official Sales Alert thread Last post on Today at 8:55 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- StyleForum eBay Round Up - Week of April 12 Last post on 4/12/15 at 8:40am in Streetwear and Denim
- StyleForum eBay Round Up - Week of October 5 Last post on 10/5/14 at 10:27am in Classic Menswear
- StyleForum eBay Round Up - Week of September 28 Last post on 10/1/14 at 10:36am in Classic Menswear
Buyer provided wrong/incomplete shipping information and the...
Last edited: 3/24/16
- USPS tried to deliver a package and then brought it back to the...Last edited: 3/24/16
- How should I handle buyers that don't pay immediately?Last edited: 3/24/16
- Do Not As Described items result in defect for the seller?Last edited: 3/24/16
- How does PayPal "pay after you receive the item" feature...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II (Return to the Thunderdome) - Page 2235post #33511 of 477564/1/16 at 9:47ampost #33512 of 477564/1/16 at 9:49amQuote:post #33513 of 477564/1/16 at 9:50am
I switched every solid colored silk tie I own out for the same color in grenadine, so all my Solids are Grens. I think it's just a subtle addition that doesn't scream attention but adds sophistication and depth to your attire....but hey, that's just me and it's how I feel. Others a free to think a feel what the please, however there is one certainty in this entire conversation, and that being the source of it, and the fact that it is even close.post #33514 of 477564/1/16 at 10:00ampost #33515 of 477564/1/16 at 10:21ampost #33516 of 477564/1/16 at 10:26ampost #33517 of 477564/1/16 at 10:28amSome recent stuff, sorry for the terrible set up / iPhone pics
June 1954 Selvedge Oxford cloth, gusset Selvedge ID and a tiny remnant of chain stitch run off NA
Inco high comfort moleskin 54
All saints leather L. I've got to say the quality on this is garbage, but they do well over there so whatever.
I decided to downsize my closet some this week, so of course the next four things I find are my size.
Isaia Michelangelo for saks
Three slim flat front dual vent two button suits in my size? Hell yes
EZ Milano solid grey
EZ Milano solid navy
Pop oxxford 1220 solid navy
The left over boots. Can't complain with these since they fit too. Which is weird, usually 11 in Ralph Lauren is too tight for me, and these are maybe a little short. I think I need to find a brannock.
Edit: forgot about these. Size 42 and a bad hem but come on!
Edited by silverwarebandit - 4/1/16 at 11:48ampost #33518 of 477564/1/16 at 10:37ampost #33519 of 477564/1/16 at 11:28amQuote:Originally Posted by Jompso
I switched every solid colored silk tie I own out for the same color in grenadine, so all my Solids are Grens. I think it's just a subtle addition that doesn't scream attention but adds sophistication and depth to your attire....but hey, that's just me and it's how I feel. Others a free to think a feel what the please, however there is one certainty in this entire conversation, and that being the source of it, and the fact that it is even close.
I have 50 ties+ in a collection, and the last year I probably wore a tie 5 times and all 5 I reached for my brown Grenadine.post #33520 of 477564/1/16 at 11:43amQuote:
Dude my fucking brown Grenadine is my foundation, by far my favorite...
That's me and my trusty brown Grenadine in case clarification is necessary.post #33521 of 477564/1/16 at 12:24pmpost #33522 of 477564/1/16 at 1:06pmpost #33523 of 477564/1/16 at 1:15pm
the thing with grenadines is the versatility. like jompso said, they have a pretty unmatched depth/texture to them. most people use solid grenadines, which take the goes-with-anything of a solid tie and combine it with the goes-with-anything texture that the silk weave provides. perfect storm of versatility. that's why i don't think that they'll largely disappear if #menswear decides it's done with them (which i also don't really think would ever happen).
of course there are patterned grenadines too, and those are just amazing.post #33524 of 477564/1/16 at 1:15pmpost #33525 of 477564/1/16 at 1:36pm
- USPS tried to deliver a package and then brought it back to the...
- › NWOT Luigi Bianch Mantova 100% cashmere navy overcoat 54 52 2 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 8 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 10 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 12 minutes ago
- › *** Visvim thread: Dissertation on a Japanese Holy Spirit *** 13 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing,... 14 minutes ago
- › 3sixteen Denim Series, Bracelets, Shirts... 15 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 22 minutes ago
- › Trump is #2 in GOP Field 24 minutes ago
- › Why Hillary will be the next POTUS 27 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...