or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II (Return to the Thunderdome)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II (Return to the Thunderdome) - Page 2233

post #33481 of 54866
Quote:
Originally Posted by OolongT View Post
 

 

Best find of the day was one of the most valuable items I've ever found but it wasn't meant to be.  Catch and release.

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I stopped in the middle of the street on my commute home to pick this up.
 

 

License, credit cards, and $400 cash.  Google-fu helped me track down a phone number for the owner, and I'll be meeting up with him tomorrow to return his property.  Feels good to do the right thing.

Thats awfully nice of you dude. I lost my new phone at the thrift store last month so i know the feeling. 

 

Hopefully you got some good karma coming your way. Props!

post #33482 of 54866
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirt View Post
 

 

I can't really see myself walking up to the register and asking: "how much are you willing to knock off because boogers?"

 

 

That's probably for the best... The cashier would probably think that you had a snotty attitude.

post #33483 of 54866
Quote:
Originally Posted by shirtsnmor View Post
 

If your paying tuition I'll gladly teach the course. Jompso 101: how to buy what the fuck you want and not pay close to what it's worth (No Firearms necessary). PM me and I can give u a small crash course in how to find fuck ups, manipulate sellers, programs that do the work for you, or mistakes to look out for. Just don't go and use these tricks and then post ur cops here like you thrifted em....I know a guy who did that one time like an idiot cuz he was mad about dumb shit, and let's just say he never made that mistake again.

post #33484 of 54866

Not sure they would even do discounts there. They'll just keep slapping yellow clearance stickers on it until someone eventually buys it. 

 

Once, TJ Maxx had a Gucci tie that had a couple pulls on it. I brought it up to the register and asked if they would consider repricing it. The manager said, "HELL NO. That's Gucci!" to the employee that asked for me. Wasn't the answer I was looking for, but got a kick out of that regardless. Pretty funny the way that she said it.

post #33485 of 54866

Brand new Kilgour E-thrift came in! Thanks to @thebuddahman for getting it to me. :slayer:

 

 

 

 

Is this Grenadine?

post #33486 of 54866
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purplelabel View Post


Is this Grenadine?

Looks like it.

--

Solid finds since I last checked in. This thread never wants for a source of amazed, mouth agape head shakes.
post #33487 of 54866
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purplelabel View Post
 

Brand new Kilgour E-thrift came in! Thanks to @thebuddahman for getting it to me. :slayer:

 

 

 

 

Is this Grenadine?

I'm goin with no on this one. The colors a little light to truly make out the weave but it looks like basket woven silk, not Grenadine woven silk. Doesn't resemble either type or grenadine weave.

post #33488 of 54866

I have found 2 or 3 of these, I don't believe they were "intentional fakes" per se, but do not believe they were Brioni.

 

Both that I found were fused and run-of-the-mill quality. *Think J.C. Penneys

Both had the same size tag and no other markings, but if you notice the size tag is stitched vertically along the ends of the tag. Where all the tags on "real" Brioni I can find are stitched longways on the top and bottom. 

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by aging in rhythm View Post

Picked up what I believe to be a Brioni suit and a sportcoat today. Only thing is - I don't see the Brioni logo anywhere on it. All I see is the telltale size/name/date/ref tag.


Did Brioni ever make stealth suits? More pics to come tomorrow when it's light enough to take pics.

 

 

Perfect example of the tag stitching.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr G from SD View Post
 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

post #33489 of 54866
Quote:
Originally Posted by drlivingston View Post
 

Too damn small for me. But, for less than $20, sure... why not?

 

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

Like how much too small? 

post #33490 of 54866
Quote:
Originally Posted by drlivingston View Post
 

Too damn small for me. But, for less than $20, sure... why not?

 


Nailed it Doc!

 

post #33491 of 54866

Boss as shit Jaeger cotton suit. 3 Buttons and unvented though. Couldn't pass up for a tenner.

 

 

 

Run of the mill PRL chinos.

 

 

post #33492 of 54866
Quote:
Originally Posted by PGRoadhouse View Post

 

 

Some synergy with @Spruce Moose... I figured it was at least 70% cashmere, any chance you could share what the other 30% is (guessing silk)? 

 

Tags entirely removed...

but them mops dont lie!  available; probably ~44

 

 

Yup Silk! Nice find. Feels amazing don't it

post #33493 of 54866
Size 7.5. Listed and sold to a Japanese guy within 15 minutes. I knew they'd probably go to Japan, but didn't know they'd go that quick.

F2E769B8-36D6-4526-ADCA-5A88ABB555AD.jpgBBDBA53D-5412-4D85-9172-7D0EC6694F12.jpg
post #33494 of 54866
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orgetorix View Post

Size 7.5. Listed and sold to a Japanese guy within 15 minutes. I knew they'd probably go to Japan, but didn't know they'd go that quick.

F2E769B8-36D6-4526-ADCA-5A88ABB555AD.jpgBBDBA53D-5412-4D85-9172-7D0EC6694F12.jpg
My super small Alden shell went to Japan, sold a pair of Florsheim shell yum as size 7.5 to a guy in Japan also, love them over there they always pay very quickly and leave positive feedback
post #33495 of 54866
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orgetorix View Post

Size 7.5. Listed and sold to a Japanese guy within 15 minutes. I knew they'd probably go to Japan, but didn't know they'd go that quick.
  Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
F2E769B8-36D6-4526-ADCA-5A88ABB555AD.jpgBBDBA53D-5412-4D85-9172-7D0EC6694F12.jpg

 

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbadgley84 View Post


My super small Alden shell went to Japan, sold a pair of Florsheim shell yum as size 7.5 to a guy in Japan also, love them over there they always pay very quickly and leave positive feedback

...My size. I live here. Damn you Japanese. 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II (Return to the Thunderdome)