How did that limited edition one you found ever turn out?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Our Gigantic Summer Sale Thread! Contribute Now Last post on 7/27/15 at 3:29pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Official Sales Alert thread Last post on Today at 7:06 am in Streetwear and Denim
- StyleForum eBay Round Up - Week of April 12 Last post on 4/12/15 at 8:40am in Streetwear and Denim
- StyleForum eBay Round Up - Week of October 5 Last post on 10/5/14 at 10:27am in Classic Menswear
- StyleForum eBay Round Up - Week of September 28 Last post on 10/1/14 at 10:36am in Classic Menswear
Buyer provided wrong/incomplete shipping information and the...
Last edited: 3/24/16
- USPS tried to deliver a package and then brought it back to the...Last edited: 3/24/16
- How should I handle buyers that don't pay immediately?Last edited: 3/24/16
- Do Not As Described items result in defect for the seller?Last edited: 3/24/16
- How does PayPal "pay after you receive the item" feature...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II (Return to the Thunderdome) - Page 2205post #33061 of 512003/26/16 at 8:36pmThread Starterpost #33062 of 512003/26/16 at 8:38pmThread Starterpost #33063 of 512003/26/16 at 8:40pmpost #33064 of 512003/26/16 at 8:43pmpost #33065 of 512003/26/16 at 9:22pmSlow day today...the 50% off had crowds in every goodwill
I kid you not...a lady was annoyed i wouldnt move from my rack so she could look thru the stuff i was on(she had just switched to racks)....she does a silent fart and walks away sick
Now to the items acquired...
These ties seem like the real deal
Silk D ring belts
Not sure if these are the incotex im looking for. Corduroy and kinda baggy looking...made in portugal and romania. No size tag to be found
2XL ralph lauren short sleeve shirt,classic fit (doesnt fit me,if anyone is interested)(Yogi cameo appearance lol)
Arc'teryx x2. XL and L(still on the website trying to figurw out what models i have here lol)
Childrens gant poly/linen tie and the weirdest Rooster tie ive seen
Hope this coming week has better findspost #33066 of 512003/26/16 at 9:34pmQuote:
Holy what the what?
Easter Sunday back out of nowhere GMMcL stuff I myself thrifted photo dump. Can't think of anything in this batch that's NA, except for the last photo, so feel free to hit me on the PM.
Unspoiler at your own risk; enjoy! (Click to show)
Arguably one of the few beautiful yellow ties I've ever seen, and surely one of the nicer Brooks Brothers.
Strongly suspect this is Drakes, or Hill & Drakes, based on the keeper and knot and various other quality indicia. But there's nothing definitive.
This is the crap brand I see in TJX all the time. Apparently they used to make Ballerkickass poplin ties. Proof that everything was better Backintheday.
You will never, ever, ever guess who made this tie. First time I've EVER bought this brand. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
And these three little monsters right here, NA
Edited by GMMcL - 3/26/16 at 10:10pmpost #33067 of 512003/26/16 at 9:45pm
It was two actually.the office one and a recycling one.
I traded them for 3 hermes Scarfs.one of which I gifted to someone for the Holidays and the other two Im having framed for a new condo in June.
The guy I traded with has over 700 Hermes ties.thats not normal right.
(30 of which came from me)post #33068 of 512003/26/16 at 9:49pmpost #33069 of 512003/26/16 at 9:55pmYeah and he had multiples sometimes ten of each and from different years.catalogued and everything.a real nut collector.
Just huge filing type drawers filled with tabs and everything .had some kind of system going.
He was telling me hes writing a book on it as well for the Asian market.hes from Hong Kong.post #33070 of 512003/26/16 at 9:56pmpost #33071 of 512003/26/16 at 9:57pm
yep 50% off day... once more, for posterity:
late 60s or early 70s Kolekole aloha, cotton reverse print
really a nicely tailored aloha, maybe the nicest i've seen
i dunno, the vintage selvedge just finds me lol. the edge runs up the inside of the button folds
i wish there was a mill or artist sig on the selvedge. oh well... 8 colors!
i guess you can guess
i brake for woven leather suspenders. the shoes are us-made RLs.
oh and i saw a pony hair trench today. anybody else see that thing?post #33072 of 512003/26/16 at 10:04pmpost #33073 of 512003/26/16 at 10:05pmQuote:Originally Posted by Rewfio
Thats bonkers! I have like 150 ties,and only 3 Hermes'. Having 700 of them is an addiction. I still envy the guy tho
There's a guy who trolls my local -- very, very nice; retired -- who I've gotten to talking to. He has "boxes" of Hermes, and "dozens" of Edward Green shoes, several Kiton suits....
He's taken my contact info. Twice.post #33074 of 512003/26/16 at 10:09pmpost #33075 of 512003/26/16 at 10:11pmQuote:
Oh it happened. I've seen him grab the Greens in front of me because I was a step late and a dollar short. He's not motivated by money -- I offered him good money for the Greens since they were my size. He just enjoys the find.
- USPS tried to deliver a package and then brought it back to the...
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 30 seconds ago
- › Cars We Drive! 1 minute ago
- › OFFICIAL President Trump Thread 1 minute ago
- › Cool furniture, design objects and desiderata 2 minutes ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 2 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 2 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 2 minutes ago
- › I need feminism because tumblr 3 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 3 minutes ago
- › Talking stocks, trading, and investing in general 3 minutes ago
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Fashion Forward brands that will be big in
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway