or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II (Return to the Thunderdome)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II (Return to the Thunderdome) - Page 2174

post #32596 of 50970
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purplelabel View Post

Why the fuck does Canali have shit resale?

I'm going to leave all the Canali I find if this keeps happening.

Ill take your Canali if youd like :hide:

post #32597 of 50970
I finally got around to taking better pictures of that slippers haul I found. Unfortunately they are already up on ebay, so NA patch[1].gif






























post #32598 of 50970
I know there's a ton of fake crap out there and I've seen a lot of it but I'm pretty convinced this is good. Heading to a local Rolex dealer now to open it up but here are some additional photos. It's certainly got some age on it and I'm not sure how often ladies watches are conterfeited. Weight is right, sweep hand is right (no noise or jerky motion), sweep hand stops when winding crown is screwed and pulled out, case and band serial numbers and markings seem right, back of case engravings are consistent with ladies models before early 90s. I'll report back with what I learn.







post #32599 of 50970
Quote:
Originally Posted by va230815 View Post
 

Ill take your Canali if youd like :hide:

 

If you're 48R, you can have the jacket for what I paid + shipping ;)

 

Plus, those Gucci slippers are boss.

post #32600 of 50970
I really hope that rolex is real but I can tell you for a fact ladie are conterfitted. As much as mens, I don't know.
Good luck today and we are all hoping!
post #32601 of 50970
really digging this rolex deal, especially how transparent straw is about all this.

Hoping for the best amigo. Super interested to see how it all turns out.
post #32602 of 50970
Vintage BB seersucker 38R
















Classic
post #32603 of 50970
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purplelabel View Post

Why the fuck does Canali have shit resale?

I'm going to leave all the Canali I find if this keeps happening.

Can't remember the last time I bothered to buy Canali for a flip. Usually priced high ("ohhhh, "Canali!" must be expensive") and sells low. Not worth the time to me.
post #32604 of 50970

Canali is worth my time. Recently thrifted this one for $5.50.

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

Now if we're talking old & unvented, yeah I leave those too.

post #32605 of 50970
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Moo View Post

Can't remember the last time I bothered to buy Canali for a flip. Usually priced high ("ohhhh, "Canali!" must be expensive") and sells low. Not worth the time to me.

Your mileage seems to vary but I've done very well with canali. My most recent :

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=331744521596&alt=web

Got $240 for it. Sorry wrong thread tho
post #32606 of 50970
Thread Starter 



Peek a boo!
post #32607 of 50970
Seems like smaller sized canali is more rare and in demand. I only find huge Canali and it doesn't resale well.
post #32608 of 50970
^^^^ I'm more interested in the car than the Polo!

I only ever find Canali in large sizes as well, usually orphans too.
post #32609 of 50970

PM me if you're interested in some NWT Canali.  I'll take some pictures and grab prices next time I'm out [outlet prices like 75-85% off retail, not thrifted new prices].

 

IIRC there are some sweaters and suits, but I haven't really bothered trying to buy and sell that for the reasons others have stated here.

 

 

 

Also, total fan of the not-so-subtle Ferrarri shot.  What type?  I feel like they are way more elegant, but, if I'm ever to drop a ludicrous sum on a car, I feel like Lamborghini would be calling me.  I remember lusting after the Diablos or Countachs when I was a kid.  To quote the immortal words of the 21st century philosopher Fetty Wap,

 

I just might snatch a 'Rari and buy my boo a Lamb'

post #32610 of 50970
Quote:
Originally Posted by pi34 View Post

PM me if you're interested in some NWT Canali.  I'll take some pictures and grab prices next time I'm out [outlet prices like 75-85% off retail, not thrifted new prices].

IIRC there are some sweaters and suits, but I haven't really bothered trying to buy and sell that for the reasons others have stated here.



Also, total fan of the not-so-subtle Ferrarri shot.  What type?  I feel like they are way more elegant, but, if I'm ever to drop a ludicrous sum on a car, I feel like Lamborghini would be calling me.  I remember lusting after the Diablos or Countachs when I was a kid.  To quote the immortal words of the 21st century philosopher Fetty Wap,

"I f you wanna be somebody you drive a Ferrarri,if you are somebody you drive a Lamborghini"

Frank Sinatra

No offense Spoo you know I love you.

For the record i drive a Mazda lolz
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II (Return to the Thunderdome)