Not sure if I'm too late, but if you buy it, make sure the area by the bridge isn't bowing at all. If it is, that's a $$$$ fix for something that probably wouldn't be worth it.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Our Gigantic Summer Sale Thread! Contribute Now Last post on 7/27/15 at 3:29pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Official Sales Alert thread Last post on Today at 4:10 am in Streetwear and Denim
- StyleForum eBay Round Up - Week of April 12 Last post on 4/12/15 at 8:40am in Streetwear and Denim
- StyleForum eBay Round Up - Week of October 5 Last post on 10/5/14 at 10:27am in Classic Menswear
- StyleForum eBay Round Up - Week of September 28 Last post on 10/1/14 at 10:36am in Classic Menswear
Buyer provided wrong/incomplete shipping information and the...
Last edited: 3/24/16
- USPS tried to deliver a package and then brought it back to the...Last edited: 3/24/16
- How should I handle buyers that don't pay immediately?Last edited: 3/24/16
- Do Not As Described items result in defect for the seller?Last edited: 3/24/16
- How does PayPal "pay after you receive the item" feature...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II (Return to the Thunderdome) - Page 2166post #32477 of 549533/18/16 at 9:13am
Trying to catch up. I was out for spring break with the kids and grandkids.
Spent 4 days in Oklahoma near the Texas Border. Thrifted a little during the day (will have to post pics later as everything is still in the car) and each night had a bonfire!
I found a few things yesterday back at home that I didn't buy but wondered if someone else was interested. The estate sales are still going on today:
Bicycles! Huffy, Schwinn, other brands I don't know. All older bikes priced from $50-100. But, discounts daily at the sale.
Anybody need a Vespa? only 7,000 miles.
Found several Patagonia for women. I left them because they wanted $15-35 each
I did buy one thing at a sale yesterday:
Gucci sunglasses (minty!) with the Box!
At one stop in Oklahoma I found 6 Oxxford suits even reunited two orphans. HOWEVER, as I looked them over, EACH ONE had multiple moth holes.post #32478 of 549533/18/16 at 9:17amReal or embossed calf?
This, and an Eton shirt, are the only two things I found at a GW store opening this morning. I may have missed out on some shoes. The suit rack was a total disappointment (almost all orphans, and even then nothing of note). There were maybe 25 ties, total. Housewares and furniture looked well stocked, but that section was a madhouse.post #32479 of 549533/18/16 at 9:27ampost #32480 of 549533/18/16 at 9:45amRevisiting the orphan vs. SC debate I started a few weeks ago... I am assuming that if any of us saw this on the racks, we'd automatically think "orphan."
... but it's sold as a SC.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Makes me regret passing on a twill J.Press jacket I thought was an orphan yesterday.post #32481 of 549533/18/16 at 9:54amQuote:Originally Posted by Van Veen
Revisiting the orphan vs. SC debate I started a few weeks ago... I am assuming that if any of us saw this on the racks, we'd automatically think "orphan."
... but it's sold as a SC. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Makes me regret passing on a twill J.Press jacket I thought was an orphan yesterday.
I really don't understand this debate, if you like it and want to wear it, do it. When it comes to something like a blue blazer who cares how it's sold? Some things are clearly part of a suit, but there's a lot of items that you can wear separately, if you look good screw the tag. Just my two cents, no need for anyone to get upset and write me a paragraph.post #32482 of 549533/18/16 at 9:58ampost #32483 of 549533/18/16 at 10:04ampost #32484 of 549533/18/16 at 10:20ampost #32485 of 549533/18/16 at 10:31ampost #32486 of 549533/18/16 at 11:49amQuote:
I've personally always had good luck with bridge re-glues, or installing a new one. Now neck resets, that's hard to get right and usually costs $$$$post #32487 of 549533/18/16 at 11:57amQuote:
not reglues. I'm talking about when the top warps from string tension. I found a 1966 epiphone acoustic at a music go round one day that they had marked $65. I thought I had one of the craziest scores ever. i noticed that the intonation was off a bit and the action was terrible. held it up and saw that the top was arched and warped. called my luthier friend and he said that he could fix it but it would be at least $400 (and probably even more). He would need to take the whole thing apart, flatten the warped wood and reconstruct it.post #32488 of 549533/18/16 at 12:01pmQuote:Originally Posted by My Main Man
not reglues. I'm talking about when the top warps from string tension. I found a 1966 epiphone acoustic at a music go round one day that they had marked $65. I thought I had one of the craziest scores ever. i noticed that the intonation was off a bit and the action was terrible. held it up and saw that the top was arched and warped. called my luthier friend and he said that he could fix it but it would be at least $400 (and probably even more). He would need to take the whole thing apart, flatten the warped wood and reconstruct it.
ahh yea, I should read closer next time. Any kind of warping on the top is going to be a pain in the ass to fix
I have a '73 Guild D25 and LOVE it! I hope that thrift score works out.post #32489 of 549533/18/16 at 12:44pmpost #32490 of 549533/18/16 at 1:14pm
- USPS tried to deliver a package and then brought it back to the...
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 57 seconds ago
- › Billy Reid Bond Peacoat 3 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 4 minutes ago
- › The Home Ownership Thread 7 minutes ago
- › OFFICIAL Future of the Democratic Party Threak 8 minutes ago
- › Official: STAR WARS THREAD. These are the droids you're looking... 11 minutes ago
- › OFFICIAL President Trump Thread 12 minutes ago
- › Alden indy cigar, captoe cigar shell cordovan 14 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2017 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice,... 14 minutes ago
- › alden indy cigar, captoe cigar shell cordovan 14 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...