Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Our Gigantic Summer Sale Thread! Contribute Now Last post on 7/27/15 at 3:29pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Official Sales Alert thread Last post on Today at 10:54 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- StyleForum eBay Round Up - Week of April 12 Last post on 4/12/15 at 8:40am in Streetwear and Denim
- StyleForum eBay Round Up - Week of October 5 Last post on 10/5/14 at 10:27am in Classic Menswear
- StyleForum eBay Round Up - Week of September 28 Last post on 10/1/14 at 10:36am in Classic Menswear
Buyer provided wrong/incomplete shipping information and the...
Last edited: 3/24/16
- USPS tried to deliver a package and then brought it back to the...Last edited: 3/24/16
- How should I handle buyers that don't pay immediately?Last edited: 3/24/16
- Do Not As Described items result in defect for the seller?Last edited: 3/24/16
- How does PayPal "pay after you receive the item" feature...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II (Return to the Thunderdome) - Page 2152post #32267 of 514453/15/16 at 3:43pmThread Starterpost #32268 of 514453/15/16 at 3:46pmpost #32269 of 514453/15/16 at 4:01pmpost #32270 of 514453/15/16 at 4:34pmThe saphir stuff works well for shoes; I don't have a recommendation for a jacket though.
If you do get it, here's a pretty good instructional guide as the 6 picture label guide on the bottle is pretty lacking in detail. I was worried about getting the shoes wet, but it all turns out great in the end. I did use a different protectant spray than in the illustration.
https://www.hangerproject.ca/shoe-care-guide/how-to-clean-suede-shoes/?SID=b0615caov8l9s5at7s8ubs41h4&___store=canada_defaultpost #32271 of 514453/15/16 at 4:48pmpost #32272 of 514453/15/16 at 5:08pmQuote:
it all depends on the item; but for a cheap pair of shoes it wouldn't be worth it. Saphir isn't cheap either, so that is something to consider as well.
I do recommend it, I've used it on my personal shoes (Tod's, Zegna's, and Ferragamo's) and never had any problems with any of them.post #32273 of 514453/15/16 at 5:37pmpost #32274 of 514453/15/16 at 6:02pmQuote:
I've had limited success getting stains out but I turned a pair of black suede boots into waxed suede using SnoSeal because I couldn't get a stain out. Took a little bit of time with a hairdryer and brush but it worked like a charm -- they looked better afterwards and they sold quickly.
Edit: wax will darken the suede, hopefully enough to render the stain unnoticeable.post #32275 of 514453/15/16 at 6:08pmThread Starterpost #32276 of 514453/15/16 at 6:36pmpost #32277 of 514453/15/16 at 6:41pmThread StarterQuote:
was a pair of shell alden loafers for $149 BIN. Im biased because thats my favorite Alden shoe and I had to pay full price for all mine. But that wasn't the best deal out there.post #32278 of 514453/15/16 at 6:42pmSo, if I was on a dry spell, it's over. Almost all of this is from the past 2 days, with a few pieces from last week sprinkled in.
SCs... EZ Soft is cotton/cashmere. Dunn Harris Tweed has all the trimmings (football buttons, triple button flap bellows pockets). PRL/Corn is a silk/cashmere orphan (which I might blazerify).
Suits... Hilton flannel is nice and traddy (hook vent, 3-roll-2). Cremieux LP is actually recent and NA (for when I need to wear a black suit to work)
Outerwear... OG Woolrich down jacket. Is this the Tommy I'm looking for? Not gaudy enough, but older, right? Also, does anyone have any info on Everest Hardwear? Just curious...
Lots of ties. And an actual pocket square!
NWOT vintage gloves. My size.
Lots of shirts.... First true thrift Brioni! PRL is 100% linen.
Apologies for the label soup... best I can do right now.post #32279 of 514453/15/16 at 6:54pmpost #32280 of 514453/15/16 at 7:09pm
A few of my more interesting finds lately - haven't been getting out as much but some fun stuff.
Vintage Lilly Pulitzer Men's FU Pants x2
RRL Embroidered Selvage Denim
RLPL Shirt - this thing is absolutely perfect - first I've seen from them with a one-piece collar
Zegna tie (presumably millenium collection) w/ 95% silk, 5% gold
Allen Edmonds Sharkskin and Leather Saddle Shoes - must be pretty old based on font/soles but the uppers are in amazing condition
Alden for BB Shells
Phineas Cole 90/10 wool cashmere - first time finding one of these myself, really impressed with it
- USPS tried to deliver a package and then brought it back to the...
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread... 2 minutes ago
- › OFFICIAL President Trump Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Fox Brothers West of England Gunclub Check 2.5 metres 9 minutes ago
- › Meermin Mallorca Shoes 12 minutes ago
- › Eidos Napoli Tenero Sportcoat US38 26 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 39 minutes ago
- › Shoe Damage Report & Shoe P0rn Central - Part II 44 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 57 minutes ago
- › What to wear with this shirt? 1 hour, 2 minutes ago
- › The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread 1 hour, 4 minutes ago
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...