The Timex is the win. Spoo knows this.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Our Gigantic Summer Sale Thread! Contribute Now Last post on 7/27/15 at 3:29pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Official Sales Alert thread Last post on Today at 2:28 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- StyleForum eBay Round Up - Week of April 12 Last post on 4/12/15 at 8:40am in Streetwear and Denim
- StyleForum eBay Round Up - Week of October 5 Last post on 10/5/14 at 10:27am in Classic Menswear
- StyleForum eBay Round Up - Week of September 28 Last post on 10/1/14 at 10:36am in Classic Menswear
Buyer provided wrong/incomplete shipping information and the...
Last edited: 3/24/16
- USPS tried to deliver a package and then brought it back to the...Last edited: 3/24/16
- How should I handle buyers that don't pay immediately?Last edited: 3/24/16
- Do Not As Described items result in defect for the seller?Last edited: 3/24/16
- How does PayPal "pay after you receive the item" feature...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II (Return to the Thunderdome) - Page 2132post #31966 of 545033/11/16 at 5:35ampost #31967 of 545033/11/16 at 5:48amThread Starterpost #31968 of 545033/11/16 at 6:15ampost #31969 of 545033/11/16 at 6:38ampost #31970 of 545033/11/16 at 7:35amQuote:Originally Posted by double00
closer pic might help, looks like birch from here.
fyi - if an outdoor piece has got any kind of protective finish (poly, lacquer etc) it's not likely to be teak. most outdoor teak is unfinished and when it turns grey from exposure you can just sand it down a little and the teak color will be restored.
good point. Thanks, I had not thought about that. It does look like there is some sort of finish on them. So, they are not likely to be teak.post #31971 of 545033/11/16 at 7:42am
Check out the Cars Discount Thrift DIY Thread when you start shopping for a car
Oh yea, well I have 5 kids and 7 grand children and I'm only 43!post #31972 of 545033/11/16 at 7:48amThread Starterpost #31973 of 545033/11/16 at 7:48am
@SpooPoker Ugh that hammy. I might be interested in paying non thrift prices for that if it doesn't go straight into your collection.
Quote:Originally Posted by bboowwyy
So i found this awesome bespoke overcoat from Castellani in Milan (sellers of Brion, Kiton etc.)
Handwork everywhere, smoked MOP buttons, surgeon cuffs etc.
Anyone have any idea on what the fabric could be?
I'm tossing up between cashmere, camel & some vicuna/alpaca type animal.
FWIW, it feels much softer than my Dries Van Noten camel hair coat
Isn't there a boiled wool thing that's popular right now? Looks like that.post #31974 of 545033/11/16 at 7:57amThread Starterpost #31975 of 545033/11/16 at 8:04ampost #31976 of 545033/11/16 at 8:10ampost #31977 of 545033/11/16 at 8:34ampost #31978 of 545033/11/16 at 8:57ampost #31979 of 545033/11/16 at 9:01ampost #31980 of 545033/11/16 at 9:18am
Since thrifted watches are the topic at hand,
Here are a few recently thrifted watches
Two Timex Indiglo I found a month ago, An Ernest Borel Watch I got yesterday (see details below), an OLD Timex 100, an Elgin Sportsman, a Nixon Watch with the Eyes going back forth like a second hand, and a Casio Databank.
The Ernest Borel is a very cool that I was not familiar with. It is called a cocktail watch. The center flowery dial turns and twists like a kaleidoscope. This is from the 60's and works perfectly. It does not have the original band. But, oddly the band is likely valuable just by itself. I am going to replace the bland and sell the current one separately.
You probably can't read this, but it is says Krementz Oct 1930 and "Kremaloy"
It is also HUGE. SUPER LONG I guess for the fattest guy in the world.
Plus, these two that were listed and sold quickly.
I think I may have already shared them last week (before I really knew what they were and before I knew they were going to sell so fast)
- USPS tried to deliver a package and then brought it back to the...
- › WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style 1 minute ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 3 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 3 minutes ago
- › POLO RALPH LAUREN Quilted Jacket Small Olive Green $345 4 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 4 minutes ago
- › Zegna Labels ID's for eBay purchasers (Graphic Intensive) 4 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 5 minutes ago
- › Junkard Boots 5 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 7 minutes ago
- › BARBOUR Dry Fly DuraLinen Small S 8 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...