Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Our Gigantic Summer Sale Thread! Contribute Now Last post on 7/27/15 at 3:29pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Official Sales Alert thread Last post on Today at 1:01 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- StyleForum eBay Round Up - Week of April 12 Last post on 4/12/15 at 8:40am in Streetwear and Denim
- StyleForum eBay Round Up - Week of October 5 Last post on 10/5/14 at 10:27am in Classic Menswear
- StyleForum eBay Round Up - Week of September 28 Last post on 10/1/14 at 10:36am in Classic Menswear
Buyer provided wrong/incomplete shipping information and the...
Last edited: 3/24/16
- USPS tried to deliver a package and then brought it back to the...Last edited: 3/24/16
- How should I handle buyers that don't pay immediately?Last edited: 3/24/16
- Do Not As Described items result in defect for the seller?Last edited: 3/24/16
- How does PayPal "pay after you receive the item" feature...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II (Return to the Thunderdome) - Page 2098post #31456 of 577943/4/16 at 3:42pmpost #31457 of 577943/4/16 at 3:51pmpost #31458 of 577943/4/16 at 4:01pmpost #31459 of 577943/4/16 at 4:04pm
Thrifts around here continue to be better than expected. This isn't much (especially for most of you) but for these parts, I was pretty happy.
Found these dope Sebago X Filson Boots. The soles look nearly new.
I've been looking to come across a good pair of Cords and finally did. Vineyard Vines in my size.
Finally, nothing crazy, but a cool LL Bean cotton Safari Sport Coat thing also in my size and cheap.
The thrift gods seem to be smiling on everyone a little bit lately. Good luck out there!post #31460 of 577943/4/16 at 4:23pmpost #31461 of 577943/4/16 at 4:27pmpost #31462 of 577943/4/16 at 4:35pmQuote:Originally Posted by PGRoadhouse
Thanks for the kind words gentleman. Barrel, getting your stamp of workwear approval on a fit is huge, much appreciated dude! Best believe all of those pieces have joined the permanent rotation. @GMMcL
good tip - i wasn't 100% sure about maintaining shell. I've spent a little time working the shoes with a horsehair brush and they definitely are cleaning up well, but I don't have any venetian cream (and I'll be damned if I let my first pair of shell crack all to shit). Should I just get some from allen edmonds or suck it up and go saphir?
Screw the name brands. Venetian is venetian. Just get a big old tank can of the stuff called literally "venetian cream." I got mine of ebay or Amazon or something. big metal can that you'd get maple syrup out of, but creamy shell goodness.post #31463 of 577943/4/16 at 4:57pmpost #31464 of 577943/4/16 at 6:04pmQuote:Originally Posted by Cj52racers
Gotta catch up on the thread a bit...
Little teaser first. Thrifted one of the holy grails] of military clothing today. Pics to come.
@natakuQuote:Originally Posted by Cj52racers
Here we go.
B10 Flight Jacket. U.S. Army Air Corp, pre USAF.
Mouton collar and alpaca lined. Released in 1944. I've seen quite a few of these in militaria auctions and in stores but I've never seen one in this good of condition. This is a ridiculous come up.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Wow!! . I've found the lined flight pants with the suspenders before, but never even seen one of these in person before, let alone in that great of shape. Love the Army Air Forces stencil too.post #31465 of 577943/4/16 at 6:11pmQuote:
The interesting thing about that magazine is that it probably was printed about the same time as JFKs assassination. I see it is the December 3, 1963 edition.post #31466 of 577943/4/16 at 7:11pmpost #31467 of 577943/4/16 at 7:21pmpost #31468 of 577943/4/16 at 7:26pmpost #31469 of 577943/4/16 at 7:44pmpost #31470 of 577943/4/16 at 8:24pmBeen keeping up on the thread and there's so much fire lately. It's been dry as a bone here. Totally brutal.
Other than some fodder, the only thing that's tripped my trigger lately is this vintage Banana Republic safari shirt that has the coolest pattern I've ever seen on one. Really rad quail print. N/A.
Keep on rockin' it, ya'll. Send some good luck my way while you're at it.
- USPS tried to deliver a package and then brought it back to the...
- › RRL BNWT charcoal double faced wool peacoat. Size Medium 34 seconds ago
- › Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)? 1 minute ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 2 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 6 minutes ago
- › 10/10.5UK Shoes! C&J for RL, RMW, Meermin, Carmina! Cordovans! 9 minutes ago
- › The Flat Head Cordovan Card Case Black NEW 9 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 10 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget – Carmina, John Lobb, Enzo Bonafè, Carlos Santos,... 14 minutes ago
- › patrickBOOTH's Third-of-Life Crisis and (Mostly) Self-Imposed... 15 minutes ago
- › Bespoke Seven-fold Rubinacci and Cappelli Ties 17 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...