Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Our Gigantic Summer Sale Thread! Contribute Now Last post on 7/27/15 at 3:29pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Official Sales Alert thread Last post on Today at 5:49 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- StyleForum eBay Round Up - Week of April 12 Last post on 4/12/15 at 8:40am in Streetwear and Denim
- StyleForum eBay Round Up - Week of October 5 Last post on 10/5/14 at 10:27am in Classic Menswear
- StyleForum eBay Round Up - Week of September 28 Last post on 10/1/14 at 10:36am in Classic Menswear
Buyer provided wrong/incomplete shipping information and the...
Last edited: 3/24/16
- USPS tried to deliver a package and then brought it back to the...Last edited: 3/24/16
- How should I handle buyers that don't pay immediately?Last edited: 3/24/16
- Do Not As Described items result in defect for the seller?Last edited: 3/24/16
- How does PayPal "pay after you receive the item" feature...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II (Return to the Thunderdome) - Page 2096post #31427 of 549423/3/16 at 9:30pmQuote:Originally Posted by PGRoadhouse Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
It's been an even year since my first post on this thread (in the waning days of part 1), and in that short time I've become an exponentially savvier, better informed thrifter. I pass on things year ago me would have jumped at and my eyes and hands have attuned to details that used to slip under the radar. Some of this is due to hours on hours hitting the racks, sifting through oceans of castoffs and learning the hard way what sells and what doesn't, but I owe a real debt to this thread's community and the sheer volume of wisdom/knowhow/arcana/miscellany and so on represented on this pages, to say nothing of the routinely unbelievable finds. So thanks. And keep doing what you're doing.
Oh and also I found some great stuff lately! Lots of pops and fodder, and a few real gems.
Ties: pop! seaward and stern (n/a), pop! fendi, 3x verry wearable zegna neats/geometrics, pop! t&co, recent polo stamps/sports tie, BB makers madras and navy bow tie (both n/a), bloomingdale's made in Italy ps (n/a)Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Accessories: pop! lululemon wool/acrylic/angora snood, max mayer leather/knit gloves (n/a), made in spain, and a simple leather wallet by Gucci, pre-licensing/buyout (i think) (n/a)Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Any thoughts on the skin? Kinda looks like the some of the peccary I've seen in the past but I'm not much good at IDing leathers.
another round of cool t-shirt finds: adidas made miusa, polo miusa striped longsleeve (n/a), vv whale print pink longsleeve, paul smith x red ear lavender graphic t, screen stars DARE t (n/a)
I don't always pick up 'qlo, but when I do it has to be at least as awesome as a flannel mixed media camo fun shirt or a uniqlo x suntory collab. Both very much n/a
On to shirts- american work represent! NOS vintage 5 brother chambray and a perfect buffalo check sanforized frostproof flannel (n/a)Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
been looking for something along these lines just about forever. Quintessential. A cliche perhaps but they don't make them like this anymore (outside of high end repro shops like the Flat Head or what have you)
Crispy. Love that collar.
From our friends across the pond: pop! Timothy Everest tattersall (42, with very long arms) and some pink microcheck T&A for self.Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
And last but certainly not least the italians: pop! fray for trillion gingham flannel popover, pop! helmut lang weird mesh stripe french cuff shirt, and pop! cifonelli striped herringbone buttondown. Hard to pick a favorite here, as both the hl and the cif have incredible black mop buttons, but the fray is straight up amazing. All n/a.Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
pop! united arrows blue label cotton crewneck, pretty awesome vintage "paris, france" sweatshirt, and a wool henley from pop! takeo kikuchi (all n/a)Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Probably my favorite sweatshirt find to date, made by "france souvenirs" - the content tag is too faded to read, unfortunately.
Pretty great details on this at the placket, collar, and hems
I'm assuming the content is all wool, but can anyone in the know glean anything else from the tag?
Sweaters, from top to bottom: lands end tan shetland, made in the uk, bb scotland rainbow fleck shetland (love the saddle shoulders on those two), loro oatmeal cotton v neck, vv thick, soft cotton shawl collar (only that last available)
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Let's start staid with the pants, various shades of beige - incotex chinolinos, lp tan pincords
And then get a little crazy- lilly pulitzer go to hell pants in electric salmon and lemonade, garnished with some vv for the kentucky derby horseshoe print seersucker shorts.Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Speaking of pents, thanks again to @hooker4186 for a great trade for this unreal pair of Shockoe rainbow nep jeans - I wasn't familiar with shockoe's sizing so it was a bit of a gamble, but they fit just right. Material and construction on these old boys is incredible, see spoiler.Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Outerwear - minty fresh teflon coated canvas pop! john partridge field coat w/ all the bells and whistles, patagucci down vest x2, and no, not a google stadium jacket (that would probably be cooler)Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Really happy with this one: an og bally burnt sienna suede/leather reversible blouson. Made from the softest, most buttery suede I've ever touched. en ay.
And finally, a lifetime pop for me: I didn't recognize the stamp, but those numbers on the side rang a few bells
As did those gentle rolls. About damn time.
Some fevered internet research confirmed my suspicions: #8 shell cordovan longwings, made by alden for a now defunct mens shoestore in Boston. In great shape. In my size.
That brings my thrifted alden tally to three. Oddly enough I think they all cost 9 dollars.
Thrift fit feat. today's winners, plus an anonymous thrifted leather belt that has become a favorite.
And that's a wrap- good luck out there guys!
The TK is 100% wool. Made in China. That is a fucking badass workwear fit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I approve!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111!!!!!!11!!!
Never sell any of the pieces from this badass fit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!post #31428 of 549423/3/16 at 9:54pmpost #31429 of 549423/3/16 at 11:34pmpost #31430 of 549423/4/16 at 2:12amThread Starterpost #31431 of 549423/4/16 at 4:09ampost #31432 of 549423/4/16 at 5:15ampost #31433 of 549423/4/16 at 5:23ampost #31434 of 549423/4/16 at 5:28ampost #31435 of 549423/4/16 at 5:45ampost #31436 of 549423/4/16 at 8:20ampost #31437 of 549423/4/16 at 8:57am
Thanks for the kind words gentleman. Barrel, getting your stamp of workwear approval on a fit is huge, much appreciated dude! Best believe all of those pieces have joined the permanent rotation. @GMMcL good tip - i wasn't 100% sure about maintaining shell. I've spent a little time working the shoes with a horsehair brush and they definitely are cleaning up well, but I don't have any venetian cream (and I'll be damned if I let my first pair of shell crack all to shit). Should I just get some from allen edmonds or suck it up and go saphir?post #31438 of 549423/4/16 at 9:42am
I posted this in the Church's thread, but that doesn't get many views. Can anyone tell if these are Church's?
On the insole, I can just barely see Church's in gold, but the writing on the side doesn't look familiar, and Google didn't find any results when trying combo's of those numbers.
Note: These have Vibram soles if that helps.Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)post #31439 of 549423/4/16 at 10:02ampost #31440 of 549423/4/16 at 10:04am
- USPS tried to deliver a package and then brought it back to the...
- › OFFICIAL President Trump Thread 40 seconds ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 8 minutes ago
- › Cool Shoes, Paraphernalia & Desiderata - Part II 9 minutes ago
- › Ongoing Bespoke Projects 17 minutes ago
- › Nigel Cabourn 32 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 33 minutes ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 37 minutes ago
- › WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style 42 minutes ago
- › What Movies Are You Watching Lately 45 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 57 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...