Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Our Gigantic Summer Sale Thread! Contribute Now Last post on 7/27/15 at 3:29pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Official Sales Alert thread Last post on Yesterday at 8:51 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- StyleForum eBay Round Up - Week of April 12 Last post on 4/12/15 at 8:40am in Streetwear and Denim
- StyleForum eBay Round Up - Week of October 5 Last post on 10/5/14 at 10:27am in Classic Menswear
- StyleForum eBay Round Up - Week of September 28 Last post on 10/1/14 at 10:36am in Classic Menswear
Buyer provided wrong/incomplete shipping information and the...
Last edited: 3/24/16
- USPS tried to deliver a package and then brought it back to the...Last edited: 3/24/16
- How should I handle buyers that don't pay immediately?Last edited: 3/24/16
- Do Not As Described items result in defect for the seller?Last edited: 3/24/16
- How does PayPal "pay after you receive the item" feature...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II (Return to the Thunderdome) - Page 2014post #30196 of 603802/17/16 at 10:19ampost #30197 of 603802/17/16 at 10:21ampost #30198 of 603802/17/16 at 10:24ampost #30199 of 603802/17/16 at 10:38amHansderHund, coming from the point of view of one who has had the baby while fabulous hubby took over for the Doula who didn't show up...
When she reaches the point where the "primitive mammal brain" takes over - the one that knows how to have a baby, as mammals have done for eons - don't worry if she doesn't talk to you. Or if she swears a blue streak. Don't try to "keep her present" by talking to her if it pulls her out of laborland. Help her breathe without hyperventilating, by example. If she makes noises, help her keep the tones deep/low. What sounds like agonizing pain may or may not be, from her perception. It could be like the weightlifter who vocalizes when he lifts. Trust her to let you know if it becomes intolerable.
Fan her. Let her know you're there. She will probably begin dozing between contractions at some point. It's normal. Let her rest. It's called 'labor' for good reason. It's damnably hard work.
Do not get distracted by the monitor. It's not having your baby, and your wife is not a uterus attached to wires. Ignore it. The nurses will read it for you.
Your wife is the descendant of a million foremothers who have successfully brought forth life, and birth is as safe as life gets. Congrats to both of you.post #30200 of 603802/17/16 at 10:40ampost #30201 of 603802/17/16 at 10:52am
When the lady at the consignment store tells you that you missed out on 30-40 J.Press tweeds...
But more is coming apparently. Plus shoes and ties. Dude who bought the the first haul apparently calls in every other day. Good thing I live a half mile away. He can read brand names but he missed out on a really nice pair of shells so at least I have that going for me.post #30202 of 603802/17/16 at 10:53am
Enamel Filled Centurion Buttons
Never really cared for the way the leather behaves on the Black Hills model.
Ran out for an errand this morning, and hit one of the locals. Only got two things (had to get two in order to meet the $5 credit card minimum.)
POP!* J&M Shell tassel loafers.
*first shell I found this week.post #30203 of 603802/17/16 at 11:03ampost #30204 of 603802/17/16 at 11:05ampost #30205 of 603802/17/16 at 11:11ampost #30206 of 603802/17/16 at 11:26ampost #30207 of 603802/17/16 at 11:33amQuote:Originally Posted by My Main Man
Hans, here are some good tips from a childless SFer:
-"Stop being so dramatic."
-"Babe, can you go get me a Pepsi?"
-"It can't be THAT bad."
-Eat a Subway sandwich. (Hopefully they have Subway where you are)
-Keep putting your phone really close to her face and show her funny YouTube videos. Make sure the volume is cranked.
-Watch TV and keep saying "shhhhhh...I don't want to miss this."
I've got three kids. Only one and a half of the labors was "normal," and my conduct during them -- being quietly present and supportive -- remains the butt of periodic jokes.
You can't win.
Just be there, relax, enjoy each other and remember it.
Edit! Oh, crap and congrats! You're in for the best worst time (to steal a WNYC phrase) of your life.
This.post #30208 of 603802/17/16 at 11:37ampost #30209 of 603802/17/16 at 11:42ampost #30210 of 603802/17/16 at 11:47am
- USPS tried to deliver a package and then brought it back to the...
- › SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread 20 seconds ago
- › Kamakura Shirts - Madison Ave Store 28 seconds ago
- › Ray Bans and Randolph Engineering Sunglasses 1 minute ago
- › Motorcycles 3 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 4 minutes ago
- › The State of Black Tie: Your Observations 5 minutes ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 6 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 7 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 12 minutes ago
- › WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style 12 minutes ago
- › Men’s The Original 3” Boxerjock® Boxer Briefs... by Alper
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...