If that is a ordinary silk scarf I think it's fake, I don't think Hermés ever use that tag on the silk carres.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Our Gigantic Summer Sale Thread! Contribute Now Last post on 7/27/15 at 3:29pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Official Sales Alert thread Last post on Today at 12:36 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- StyleForum eBay Round Up - Week of April 12 Last post on 4/12/15 at 8:40am in Streetwear and Denim
- StyleForum eBay Round Up - Week of October 5 Last post on 10/5/14 at 10:27am in Classic Menswear
- StyleForum eBay Round Up - Week of September 28 Last post on 10/1/14 at 10:36am in Classic Menswear
Buyer provided wrong/incomplete shipping information and the...
Last edited: 3/24/16
- USPS tried to deliver a package and then brought it back to the...Last edited: 3/24/16
- How should I handle buyers that don't pay immediately?Last edited: 3/24/16
- Do Not As Described items result in defect for the seller?Last edited: 3/24/16
- How does PayPal "pay after you receive the item" feature...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II (Return to the Thunderdome) - Page 2004post #30046 of 574462/15/16 at 9:15pmpost #30047 of 574462/15/16 at 9:38pmpost #30048 of 574462/15/16 at 9:51pmMorning everyone, nice to see so many fans of the Smiths here. I saw Jonny Marr live a couple of years ago and he played a few Smiths songs. It was pretty magical to hear that guitar playing those parts again.
I can recommend Morrissey's autobiography in case you see one in a thrift (to bring it back vaguely on topic). In fact, there's generally a good choice of music autobiographies in charity shops here - any recommendations?post #30049 of 574462/15/16 at 9:56pmQuote:
You might consider posting more pictures of the "Hermes" scarf, front and back, care tag, stamp, and a good close up of the twill. The *really* good fakes have to be weighed to tell them from the real ones, but most fakes don't bother trying that hard. If it's real, we can probably tell you. If it's fake, we for sure can tell you.post #30050 of 574462/15/16 at 10:08pmpost #30051 of 574462/15/16 at 10:35pmpost #30052 of 574462/15/16 at 10:43pmpost #30053 of 574462/16/16 at 12:38am
I don't think he's in debt that much. I mean, is it a coincidence not long after his new album dropped, he tweets this? He's known for generating publicity from bullshit. I call this bullshit.Quote:Originally Posted by LetsGetWeird
Thought this was a sick piece - no tags anywhere, fits like a 38S. How do you even describe it?
Dries Van Noten Suit
J Press Prez, loved the pattern on this Caruso
Oxxford, current (?) dildo orphan
J Crew Moon $, 2x Incos, Trafalgar
Belvest Suit my size n/a
Belvest for Burb london (when did this start?)
3rd Barbour that fits N/A
I would call that half Norfolk.Quote:Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)Originally Posted by Bon Vivant Life
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
The best of last weeks thrifting. and some clear the Racks ties as well.
Charles Tyrwhitt Navy Pinstripe Suit, 40R, 34W
Barbour Liddesdale Moleskin, Tagged M, fits more like a L/XLWarning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Antonio & Bros Cashmere Navy Blue Overcoat, Made in Italy
No-Name Quilted Jacket, Made in Italy for Pollacks, a high end fashion store on Nantucket. Perfect spring coat, wish it fit.
BB Irish Linen x3
Big week for shirts, TnA, Brioni, Borelli
EZ shirts, three labels, Z Zegna, Newer EZ, Older EZ
Canali shirts x3
Tyrwhitt x4. Not really sure what opinion of these are, but appear to be very well made. All very nice patterns IMO
VV x2, John Varvatos
NWT from David Donahue, Ike Behar, and Mark McNairy
More DD and Talbott
Is Ted Baker considered skeet? TB and a Kenzo
Shoe time. Church's. Took me awhile to nail it down as all lettering was almost completely worn out. With a magnifying glass, I thought I made out "h's". A little research and then an eBay exact match, I knew what they were. I don't read Church's, so not sure what hand written info means. I know someone (??? CapnWes???) posted a guide to identifying shoes, but could not find it. Anyways, I look forward to posting the After pics sometime soon, they need some TLC.
AE Cornell single monk strap, for the moment NA
Some ties, VV, J Press, Gucci
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Not thrift, but deep discount at Clear The Racks. Josiah France x3, EZ
Ted Baker x2, HF x2
DAmn, I almost kopped this. CAN I HAZ????!!!
Did they thank you though in their speech?post #30054 of 574462/16/16 at 1:20amThread Starterpost #30055 of 574462/16/16 at 1:45am
Top o' the morning gown to ya.
Quote:Quote:Originally Posted by Chotii
You might consider posting more pictures of the "Hermes" scarf, front and back, care tag, stamp, and a good close up of the twill. The *really* good fakes have to be weighed to tell them from the real ones, but most fakes don't bother trying that hard. If it's real, we can probably tell you. If it's fake, we for sure can tell you.
Thanks, it's not stamped and the tag did arouse my suspicions at first due to lack of detail in the embroidery but it is much smaller than a tie tag so i figured it couldn't be as detailed.
EDIT: just realised there is no accent over the second 'E', oh well, it was only £2, i wanted to give it to my daughter yesterday but she didn't want itWarning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
plus, the day before that my 2 yr old son told me that my Givenchy sweat was yucky!
Edited by eddiegreen - 2/16/16 at 2:00ampost #30056 of 574462/16/16 at 2:23ampost #30057 of 574462/16/16 at 2:32amThread Starterpost #30058 of 574462/16/16 at 2:50ampost #30059 of 574462/16/16 at 3:05ampost #30060 of 574462/16/16 at 3:09amQuote:Originally Posted by 330CK
Really funny that Kos popped up when it did.
Everyone should watch the Grammys tonight and keep an eye out for this guy, Michael League, the bandleader of Snarky Puppy. I was at a show last year after their first Grammy nomination (which they won) and he said it was his first time ever having to buy a suit and he never to have to do that again. So after they were nominated this year, I reached out and offered to design him one. And here we are.
nice unique look. dig it.Quote:Originally Posted by Nataku
Been MIA for the past several days. Been out of town without internet access. One of the things I had to do was arrange to have these shipped back home to Minnesota. Not thrifted, but can't beat free (well, for the cost of shipping home).
@330CK, congrats! Wow! That's a killer jacket, too.
Deetz!!!!!!!!!!!! for FREE????!!!!!!! might be lost on some, but if that 'ray is a good one? that could be this years thrifty winner.
and a fucking Norton???!!! Yeeeeeezus. what color was the Kiton you sacrificed to the Thrift???
would daily the jap bike, Honda?
also, welcome to the "Free/Thrifted Car Club"Quote:Originally Posted by SCoNE
One of the cooler finds lately:
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Bet you a bottle of whiskey Koala-T would rock these out so hard.......Quote:
Best day on the thread for a long time to come. - imma raise my drink, and toast to the awesome people, doing awesome things, from our humble thread.
- USPS tried to deliver a package and then brought it back to the...
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 56 seconds ago
- › Kamakura Shirts - Madison Ave Store 1 minute ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 1 minute ago
- › Engineered Garments SS 17 1 minute ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 2 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 3 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 4 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 4 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 6 minutes ago
- › Poor man's watch thread 8 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › The Current Popular Menswear Pieces
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway