or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II (Return to the Thunderdome)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II (Return to the Thunderdome) - Page 1981

post #29701 of 51164
Quote:
Originally Posted by impuntura View Post

Lol genius took the lowest one he could find.how about you post the other ones.
How about we make a bet.if Brian cant get at least 800 for this i will leave and never come back.
But if he does you pack your bags shut up and never post here again.
i wasnt gonna comment on your morning LV brag but since you like a good shit on parade.
You basically bragged that you paid OVER asking.you.OVER.PAID.
For what a dingy 80's garment bag.
Now im gonna guess they were asking a certain number.you must have doubled it or tripled even.you wanna know why they accepted,because they saw a sucker from a mile away.
Ive been to estate sales.i know the pricing i know the drill.
Now i know youre gonna try to puff out your chest at me and come at me hard.dont.

Edit: just to add.where and when did i say i found 11k?
I said i found an 11K coat.nowhere did i say thats what Iam expecting or even a tenth of that.
You are an embarassment.
Youre like the Kanye of thrifting.short on talent long on yapping with delusions of grandeur.thats what im gonna call you from now on, Janye

To be fair, you did say "worth 11k usd". It's worth $400-$800.
post #29702 of 51164
Nothing awesome, but a few good vintage finds: 1982 vintage Marmot, vintage Bean Irish Fisherman sweater, couple of vintage Woolrich MIUSA flannel shackets




post #29703 of 51164
Less talk. More rock.
post #29704 of 51164
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpooPoker View Post


I was going to post sin marca española piel de oveja but then I said nahhhh, need machine got this.

Haha. Six words, but truer words were never spooken.
Edited by turkey_sandwich - 2/12/16 at 9:36pm
post #29705 of 51164

hit a new spot today! 

post #29706 of 51164
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ofTheCoolKids View Post

Haven't posted any finds in a while, but I found this recently. Yay for me! Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)





Holy fuck! I yelled when i saw this!

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ofTheCoolKids View Post

This was at a completely different store! Reversible with a leather collar! Yay for me again! On my phone so I can't spoiler, or at least I do t know how to. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)









ISAIA? NEED DEETZ!

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by double00 View Post



hit a new spot today! 


You know art? What is this?


Big shout out to my boy, @takai for an excellent trade! 

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)


 

Look at this heart felt notes! Love the penmanship, bros!

 

Love this reversible Tender vest! Been looking for a wool vest since I out grew my Filsons. 

 

 

Love this vintage Hanes!

 

Tenderfuckingloin!!!

post #29707 of 51164
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpooPoker View Post

@woofa ^^
All my peekaboo's go to SPOO. He is of depraved character and seems to enjoy such things. I think he is planning on wallpapering his office with them!
post #29708 of 51164
Morning Peeps!
post #29709 of 51164
Quote:
Originally Posted by double00 View Post



hit a new spot today! 

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrelntrigger View Post



You know art? What is this?

RC Gorman, c. 1970s.
post #29710 of 51164

So this is still there... its 50 clams. They'll take 30 for it, is this worth it?

 

inb4 eBay thread. 

 

 

post #29711 of 51164
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jompso View Post
 

When you come across an estate sale that is actually a private collection along with new items hosted by buyers, you stumbled across a score. When you find out that all that awesome shit in the photos is going on display this weekend you get pumped. When you find out this weekend is by appointment only and is booked solid and reserved strictly for high end collectors and their best personal clients, you get bummed. Knowing the good shit will be gone when it's open to public next weekend leaves you with no option but to get in there this weekend somehow. Judging by inventory, you conclude Barneys reps are involved, you text the barneys rep whose number you have to confirm. Confirmed. You then tell them to tell the owner of the item you want, you'll pay over asking via paypal transfer site unseen immediately if they will sell it to you that day. You pay and you pick the item up that night. And that's how you get shit done, and fuck over a shit load of appointment making, eager collectors and buyers in the process. Sorry but I'm not sorry. 

 

Vtg 1980s Giant LV Garment/Travel Bag. Excellent Vintage condition. some superficial marks and the tan leather definitely needs a cleaning, but no staining and just natural leather patina, no distressing. Most notably and important however, every single piece of hardware, zipper toggle, rivet clasp, handle, clip, are all pristine and attached. Not bad a bad pickup for Thursday night past 9 oclock.

 

 

 

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by impuntura View Post


Lol genius took the lowest one he could find.how about you post the other ones.
How about we make a bet.if Brian cant get at least 800 for this i will leave and never come back.
But if he does you pack your bags shut up and never post here again.
i wasnt gonna comment on your morning LV brag but since you like a good shit on parade.
You basically bragged that you paid OVER asking.you.OVER.PAID.
For what a dingy 80's garment bag.
Now im gonna guess they were asking a certain number.you must have doubled it or tripled even.you wanna know why they accepted,because they saw a sucker from a mile away.
Ive been to estate sales.i know the pricing i know the drill.
Now i know youre gonna try to puff out your chest at me and come at me hard.dont.

Edit: just to add.where and when did i say i found 11k?
I said i found an 11K coat.nowhere did i say thats what Iam expecting or even a tenth of that.
You are an embarassment.
Youre like the Kanye of thrifting.short on talent long on yapping with delusions of grandeur.thats what im gonna call you from now on, Janye

Guys, Guise!!, no need to fight. i have one of these near my house. prolly at a somewhat similar, if not lower price.


oh wait, it's newer..... in fact close to mint. so there's plenty to go around. ;) 

do the dollar conversion, weigh that against the retail, and tell me if you think it's at a % you could live with....

post #29712 of 51164

so, a BIG HUGE THANKS to @troika and @barrelntrigger for the surprise swag. including some Faconnable boots, and a team signed san hose sharks jersey. :slayer: amongst other Thriftness. here is a fit to show my appreciation, and in a thrift store run..


@troika sent me these size 11 Nike Flights, which anchored the fit.

Jeans: Neighborhood -thrift

shirt: Norton - thrift

hoody: WRC rally merch -special deal = cheap

Vest: Momotaro - thrift

Bape Leather:thrift

Cap: Alife X new era - trying on, passed, kopped a nicer one........

post #29713 of 51164
post #29714 of 51164
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrift Vader View Post

so, a BIG HUGE THANKS to @troika
and @barrelntrigger
for the surprise swag. including some Faconnable boots, and a team signed san hose sharks jersey.
icon_gu_b_slayer%5B1%5D.gif amongst other Thriftness. here is a fit to show my appreciation, and in a thrift store run..



@troika
sent me these size 11 Nike Flights, which anchored the fit.
Jeans: Neighborhood -thrift
shirt: Norton - thrift
hoody: WRC rally merch -special deal = cheap
Vest: Momotaro - thrift
Bape Leather:thrift
Cap: Alife X new era - trying on, passed, kopped a nicer one........

put the phone down and kop that Schott in the mirror!!
post #29715 of 51164

@aging in rhythm  wow so much dries :slayer:

@SpooPoker you can also say borrego or borreguillo:smarmy:

@double00 Good Corman, original drawing or lithograph?

 

Damn I miss thrifting:marchal: 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II (Return to the Thunderdome)